Windows 10: Can't find Bitlocker key, can I perform a startup repair?

Discus and support Can't find Bitlocker key, can I perform a startup repair? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I have a big problem in my PC: it boots, but after that it is frozen and I can only see the background and the taskbar, after regularly doing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by piripuz, Jun 24, 2019.

1. piripuz Win User

Can't find Bitlocker key, can I perform a startup repair?

Hello, I have a big problem in my PC: it boots, but after that it is frozen and I can only see the background and the taskbar, after regularly doing the login. I think booting in safe mode would at least allow me to do a backup, but when I try to boot from a live usb, it says I must put the Bitlocker key because the computer is not in secure boot mode (that's because I have to deactivate it in order to boot from a live usb...). The problem is that I can't find this key, even if I search in my Onedrive.

How can I solve this?

Tanks in advance.

:)

piripuz, Jun 24, 2019
  2. Xylee Del Win User
    Xylee Del, Jun 24, 2019
  3. Cannot launch Settings on startup menu

Hi Luky,

Thank you for posting your reply.

I suggest you to perform a Startup Repair by following the steps below.

• In the Lock screen, press/hold the shift key and click on power icon>restart.
    • Click on Troubleshoot>Advanced Options>Startup Repair and follow the prompts to start the Startup Repair.
    After the Startup Repair is complete, check for the status.

Regards

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 24, 2019
  4. Can't find Bitlocker key, can I perform a startup repair?

Failed to perform Startup Repair, and failed Windows Updates

Hi Anjana,

As per the description, I suggest that you download Windows 10 ISO image, and create a Media Creation Tool. Once done perform Startup Repair through the tool.

To download the ISO click on the link below and refer to the section Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Once done, follow the steps below to perform Startup Repair

• Start your computer from the installation media. Insert the disk or USB stick and restart your computer. If you see a message asking you to “Press any key to boot from DVD,” do so. If you don’t see the message,
      you might need to change the boot order in your computer's BIOS settings so that it first starts from the disk or USB. When you see the 'Install Windows' page, tap or click 'Repair your computer' link to start the Windows Recovery Environment.
    • In the Windows Recovery Environment, on the Choose an option screen, click
      'Troubleshoot'.
    • Click, Advanced Options and then click on 'Startup Repair'.
    • After this complete the repair and see if you are able to boot in to your computer.

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Jun 24, 2019
Thema:

Can't find Bitlocker key, can I perform a startup repair?

1. Can't find Bitlocker key, can I perform a startup repair? - Similar Threads - Can't find Bitlocker

2. can't find bitlocker key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't find bitlocker key: My pc has been off fo ra month and now there is a bitclocker recovery key needed i can't find my key on my account even though that on the website i have this pc included in my account devices what can i do...
  3. can't find bitlocker key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't find bitlocker key: My pc has been off fo ra month and now there is a bitclocker recovery key needed i can't find my key on my account even though that on the website i have this pc included in my account devices what can i do...
  4. Can't find Bitlocker recovery key.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't find Bitlocker recovery key.: I've checked the Microsoft account I've signed into on my device and it states there are no Bitlocker recovery keys for my device. I've checked the only other account I've signed into my device with - my schools organizational account, but I still didn't find any Bitlocker...
  5. Can't find Bitlocker recovery key.

Can't find Bitlocker recovery key.: I've checked the Microsoft account I've signed into on my device and it states there are no Bitlocker recovery keys for my device. I've checked the only other account I've signed into my device with - my schools organizational account, but I still didn't find any Bitlocker...
  6. Can't find bitlocker recovery key

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't find bitlocker recovery key: Reset my laptop wanting to reset to factory settings, getting rid of files and everything else. Switched back on and being ask for bitlocker recovery key. Went through the process of logging into my Microsoft account to find the key and it isn't in the devices section where...
  7. bitlocker recover can't find key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bitlocker recover can't find key: I have a personal laptop that has a blue screen requesting bitlocker recover key. The laptop has had Office installed via my work/government ID. I have followed all the steps to find the key and the computer is listed and visible in my work government profile via the...
  8. Can't find my BitLocker Key

Can't find my BitLocker Key: When I go to aka.ms/aadrecovery key I cannot find the BitLocker Key for the device I am on. Anyways I can connect my account to the device or any other remedies? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-my-bitlocker-key/bb9c4403-5d67-4ef0-b428-d0e2d7e441b0
  9. Can't find my BitLocker Key

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't find my BitLocker Key: When I go to aka.ms/aadrecovery key I cannot find the BitLocker Key for the device I am on. Anyways I can connect my account to the device or any other remedies? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-my-bitlocker-key/bb9c4403-5d67-4ef0-b428-d0e2d7e441b0
  10. Where can I find Bitlocker key?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Where can I find Bitlocker key?: Hi everyone I probably deleted something that I shouldn't have touch, and after restart I'm getting a blue screen, asking me to Enter the recovery key for my drive. I cannot find this key in my account, and I don't remember enabling this option at all. I guess it's...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bitlocker startup repair boot

2. startup repair recovery key

3. startup repair asking recovery key

4. fix bitlocker recovery key on boot,
  5. suspend bitlocker on startup repair,
  6. replace bitlocker startup key,
  7. startup repair without bitlocker key,
  8. windows 10 startup repair with bitlocker,
  9. find bitlocker key id 5a6b2f06,
  10. find my bitlocker recovery key,
  11. windows is not emailing me my bitlocker recovery code,