Windows 10: Can't find Bitlocker Recovery Key

Discus and support Can't find Bitlocker Recovery Key in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I recently bought a second-hand Hp ProBook 650 laptop. When i tried to switch it on today, it asked for a Bitlocker Recovery Key. I don't remember... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Salondie Nethengwe, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Can't find Bitlocker Recovery Key

I recently bought a second-hand Hp ProBook 650 laptop. When i tried to switch it on today, it asked for a Bitlocker Recovery Key. I don't remember setting this up and even checked my Microsoft Account to make sure. This laptop has never asked for a recovery key before this.

I assume the previous owner might have set this up, unfortunately i have no way of contacting them.

Is there any way I can get access to my laptop?

:)

Salondie Nethengwe, Oct 12, 2020

2. bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Oct 12, 2020
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Xylee Del, Oct 12, 2020
  4. Can't find Bitlocker Recovery Key

bitlocker key id recovery

Hi Jessen P

Thank you very much for your advice.

I did follow your suggestion but I can't get recovery key.

I got the below message.

You don't have any BitLocker recovery keys in your Microsoft account.

Next Step, What should I do?

Nam-PeunGカーンダー, Oct 12, 2020
Thema:

Can't find Bitlocker Recovery Key

1. Can't find Bitlocker Recovery Key - Similar Threads - Can't find Bitlocker

2. can't find my BitLocker Recovery Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't find my BitLocker Recovery Key: can't find my bitlocker key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-my-bitlocker-recovery-key/495c738a-54c3-47b1-849a-c0380d64d9de
  3. Can't find Bitlocker recovery key.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't find Bitlocker recovery key.: I've checked the Microsoft account I've signed into on my device and it states there are no Bitlocker recovery keys for my device. I've checked the only other account I've signed into my device with - my schools organizational account, but I still didn't find any Bitlocker...
  4. Can't find Bitlocker recovery key.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't find Bitlocker recovery key.: I've checked the Microsoft account I've signed into on my device and it states there are no Bitlocker recovery keys for my device. I've checked the only other account I've signed into my device with - my schools organizational account, but I still didn't find any Bitlocker...
  5. Can't find bitlocker recovery key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't find bitlocker recovery key: Reset my laptop wanting to reset to factory settings, getting rid of files and everything else. Switched back on and being ask for bitlocker recovery key. Went through the process of logging into my Microsoft account to find the key and it isn't in the devices section where...
  6. Can't find bitlocker recovery key

Can't find bitlocker recovery key: Reset my laptop wanting to reset to factory settings, getting rid of files and everything else. Switched back on and being ask for bitlocker recovery key. Went through the process of logging into my Microsoft account to find the key and it isn't in the devices section where...
  7. Can't find bitlocker recovery key

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Can't find original bitlocker recovery key

Can't find original bitlocker recovery key: The screen for my original laptop broke; i decided to get a new laptop. Apparently, when Windows updated to 11, it encrypted the drive. I log into my Microsoft account and go to devices. Both my original and new devices are in the list BUT both show only the new computer's...
  9. Can't find Bitlocker recovery key

Can't find Bitlocker recovery key: Hello i want to unlock my hard drive but unfortunately forgot my password and recovery key kindly help me with this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-bitlocker-recovery-key/7dbb8cde-530c-4da3-9c5c-587755cf4d83
  10. Can't find Bitlocker recovery key

Can't find Bitlocker recovery key: Split from this thread. Windows 10 bitlocker has locked the computer and asking for the recovery key. In my Microsoft account my computer is listed and when I click on the “manage recovery key” link it gives me a “Try another URL” error. How can I find a recovery key? Or...