Windows 10: Cant find Brightness option in my PC! please help.

Discus and support Cant find Brightness option in my PC! please help. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have tried everything in from above article. except : folloding couldent find the items in bold and italics. in my PCs registrar. what to do? Fix... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/tanmayshah28, Sep 9, 2020.

1. Cant find Brightness option in my PC! please help.

I have tried everything in from above article. except : folloding couldent find the items in bold and italics. in my PCs registrar. what to do?

Fix an ATI bug via registry Editor

Some ATI graphics card users have reported that Catalyst has a bug which makes it unable to control the brightness of your display.

Catalyst version 15.7.1 is the most reported for this bug. However, that doesn’t make it impossible for the bug to appear on other versions. I couldent find MD_EnableBrightnesslf2 and KMD_EnableBrightnessInterface2. from point 4,5,6

You’re an ATI user and also have Catalyst installed? The following method might be able to fix if you can’t adjust your brightness:

1. Press and hold the Windows key, then press R. This will launch the Run application.
    2. Type in RegEdit and hit OK. You will open the Registry Editor.
    3. In the Registry Editor, you can navigate by clicking on the arrow icon next to the name of a folder. By using this, navigate to the following path:
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ ControlSet001 \ Control\Class \ {4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318} \ 0000
    4. Double click on MD_EnableBrightnesslf2. Change Value to 0 and repeat the same thing with KMD_EnableBrightnessInterface2.
    5. Next, we will be navigating to a different path:
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ CurrentControlSet \ Control \ Class \{4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318} \ 0001
    6. Double click on MD_EnableBrightnesslf2 and change its Value to 0. Do the same with KMD_EnableBrightnessInterface2.
    7. Close the Registry Editor and restart your computer.
    submitted by /u/tanmayshah28
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/tanmayshah28, Sep 9, 2020
  2. John Sarc Win User

Brightness Control not working in Windows 10

Hi Ella,

To adjust the brightness, see the steps below:

• Go back to Power Options, and tick on the High performance.
    • See if you can adjust the brightness.

If this not work, we highly suggest that you create an Administrator account, and re-do the steps above.

Let us know how it goes.

John Sarc, Sep 9, 2020
  3. Brightness keeps changing automatically. Adaptive brightness option is not there in the display options

My display brightness keeps changing every time i switch between different apps. I've been having this issue for a long time.

I'm using HP Omen Laptop. Windows 10.

I saw another thread with the same issue but was unable to reply in it.

I followed the steps that said the following:

*As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to follow the below steps to disable the adaptive or auto brightness for the selected power plan (if you already have a Power Plan created in Windows)

• Open Control Panel and click on Power Options.
    • Open your active power plan, you’ll see Change plan settings option. Click Change plan settings next to your current power plan to open Edit Plan Settings window.
    • Click Change advanced power settings option. This will open Power Options dialog.
    • Expand Display and then expand Enable adaptive brightness. Change it to Off*

But the problem i the option "Enable adaptive brightness" is not even there.

Cant find Brightness option in my PC! please help. 6d764773-8fc4-43e7-b5cc-304b674e78f1?upload=true.jpg

So What do i do now?

Kaushik307, Sep 9, 2020
  4. Cant find Brightness option in my PC! please help.

monitor brightness?

Hi Tom,

To change your Windows 10 monitor brightness, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Click the Windows logo; then, search for Control Panel.
    • Select Hardware and Sound.
    • Choose Power Options.
    • On the next screen you should see brightness slider at the bottom of the Control Panel window.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Sep 9, 2020
Thema:

Cant find Brightness option in my PC! please help.

1. Cant find Brightness option in my PC! please help. - Similar Threads - Cant find Brightness

2. Help Please to find my files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help Please to find my files: Dear Sir,I have installed Windows 10 pro on SSD and keep the previous HDD along with SSD in same Desktop pc. but now I am facing problem with my previous saved files on HDD which was on desktop, download and documents. while I am booting pc by using the HDD files are shown...
  3. Help Please to find my files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help Please to find my files: Dear Sir,I have installed Windows 10 pro on SSD and keep the previous HDD along with SSD in same Desktop pc. but now I am facing problem with my previous saved files on HDD which was on desktop, download and documents. while I am booting pc by using the HDD files are shown...
  4. Help Please to find my files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. The brightness adjustment option is disabled in my laptop, please help me out in fixing it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The brightness adjustment option is disabled in my laptop, please help me out in fixing it.: The brightness adjustment option is disabled in my laptop, please help me out in fixing it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-brightness-adjustment-option-is-disabled-in-my/f9a5fc15-9383-484a-a71e-ba86eb772015
  6. The brightness adjustment option is disabled in my laptop, please help me out in fixing it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The brightness adjustment option is disabled in my laptop, please help me out in fixing it.: The brightness adjustment option is disabled in my laptop, please help me out in fixing it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-brightness-adjustment-option-is-disabled-in-my/f9a5fc15-9383-484a-a71e-ba86eb772015
  7. BSOD occurring regularly on new PC cant find problem please help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD occurring regularly on new PC cant find problem please help: Hi, New PC suffering constant BSOD not sure why, link to dump files etc below; link to crash files PC is; System Information report written at: 11/04/20 20:46:05 System Name: SKULLCANDY [System Summary] Item Value OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.19042...
  8. Please help i cant find a solution anywhere

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please help i cant find a solution anywhere: Please help! Ive been using three monitors for a couple months now and suddenly my main monitor is the only one that works! If i unplug it, the other two come on but it still detects the first one and all my windows still pop up on the first so i cant check the settings....
  9. Cant find refund option

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cant find refund option: So i bought a game from windows store today, but i changed my mind, and i wanted to refund it. Went to my "payment and billings" followed by order history, found the game i bought, but i cannot find the option to refund....
  10. Cant adjust pc Brightness

in Windows 10 Support
    Cant adjust pc Brightness: My notebook stopped working the hotkeys FN F8 FN 9 to increase/decrease brightness . When i go to windows settings > color calibration, it displays that pop up: I already deleted and reinstalled my graphics drivers, but don't solved the problem; [img] 75374