Windows 10: Can't Find Brightness Setting

Discus and support Can't Find Brightness Setting in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've tried two things that I'd read to do from a Microsoft community question. It was to go to the control panel, then device manager, then click on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RyMichClar, Jun 24, 2020.

1. Can't Find Brightness Setting

I've tried two things that I'd read to do from a Microsoft community question. It was to go to the control panel, then device manager, then click on display adapters, left click the name of the display , then update it. I also disabled it, then enabled it. I did the same to a different setting under device manager as well; I believe it was "monitor". Basically, I've done everything I can based off of the answers I found from that original question, and nothing has restored the brightness setting. What do I do now?

:)

RyMichClar, Jun 24, 2020

2. screen brightness on windows 10

Hi,

Some computers can let Windows automatically adjust screen brightness based on the current lighting conditions.

To manually adjust the screen brightness, we suggest following these troubleshooting steps:

• Click Start, then select Settings.
    • Choose System, then select Display.
    • Under Brightness and color, move the Change brightness slider to adjust the brightness.

Feel free to post back if you have other concern.

Gerard Qui, Jun 24, 2020
  3. Adjust brightness settings in Windows 10

Hi Vicky,

I understand that you want to adjust the brightness of the computer. I will certainly assist you.

Please answer the below questions to assist you better.

1. What is the make and model of the computer?

2. From where exactly are you trying to adjust the brightness?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Settings in the Search bar and then Enter.
    • Click on the System and then Notifications and Actions which is available on the Left pane.
    • Click on Add or Remove quick Actions.
    • In the make sure that the Brightness is ON.
    • Then click on the Action Center and adjust the Brightness according to your preference.
    Hope this helps. Please get back to us with more information if the issue persists, or if you have any queries related to Windows. We are here to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Jun 24, 2020
  4. John Sarc Win User

Can't Find Brightness Setting

Brightness Control not working in Windows 10

Hi Ella,

To adjust the brightness, see the steps below:

• Go back to Power Options, and tick on the High performance.
    • See if you can adjust the brightness.

If this not work, we highly suggest that you create an Administrator account, and re-do the steps above.

Let us know how it goes.

John Sarc, Jun 24, 2020
Thema:

Can't Find Brightness Setting

1. Can't Find Brightness Setting - Similar Threads - Can't Find Brightness

2. Can't find display brightness adaptive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't find display brightness adaptive: Hello there, I want to ask here. Why I can't find a option that can enable or disable display brightness adaptive? I've try to find it at settings but I can't find it. And I've try to search it at Edit Power Plan but I still can't find the option to disable windows brightness...
  3. Can't find display brightness adaptive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't find display brightness adaptive: Hello there, I want to ask here. Why I can't find a option that can enable or disable display brightness adaptive? I've try to find it at settings but I can't find it. And I've try to search it at Edit Power Plan but I still can't find the option to disable windows brightness...
  4. Can't find display brightness adaptive

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Can't change brightness setting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't change brightness setting: I can't change the brightness setting on my laptop. I've tried going to Device Manager and updating the drivers, disabling and enabling, restarting the computer. I have a XPS 15 9500, Windows 10 Home, 64-bit. Under Display Adapters- IntelR UHD Graphics NVIDIA GeForce...
  6. can't change brightness settings

can't change brightness settings: Hi Cannot change my brightness settings. I have already updated the driver from my laptop and tried from the manufacturer's website but both didn't work. I have surface laptop 3. This happens like every month and I'm so tired of it because I have sensitive eyes and it's...
  7. Cannot find brightness setting

Cannot find brightness setting: I saw a post on here and the microsoft staff said: "Hi, There are two ways on how to change the screen brightness in a Windows 10 computer. Check these steps: Method 1. Go to Start > Settings > System > Display > Change brightness. Adjust the slider to get your desired...
  8. Can't find the brightness setting

Can't find the brightness setting: I can't find the brightness setting, despite all the updates ...... [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-the-brightness-setting/5dc7d2d2-dcba-48a4-a87f-67cf856af544
  9. Can't find the brightness setting

Can't find the brightness setting: I updated all the divers in your previous rule but it didn't work. What do I do now ... [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-the-brightness-setting/6e99ee0e-0267-4349-9add-c517ddf1d4e9
  10. Can't find a setting

Can't find a setting: I was somewhere in Win 10 control panel and mistakenly changed a setting that has now changed my monitor to a dimmer look. I'd like to change it back but cannot locate how to do it. I thought it was a setting titled HOME - OFFICE or something similar???...