Windows 10: Can't find 'Camera' in Device Manager

Discus and support Can't find 'Camera' in Device Manager in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I found out my laptop's integrated webcam was not working last day. On checking I saw that the Camera option was missing in device manager. I changed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/surprisedmofo, Aug 12, 2020.

1. Can't find 'Camera' in Device Manager

I found out my laptop's integrated webcam was not working last day. On checking I saw that the Camera option was missing in device manager. I changed the camera app settings, did sfc/ SCANNOW, did software updates for windows, and tried almost everything else I saw while googling but still cant fix it. I also cant find any camera drivers in the official laptop website.

One thing I noticed was most of the users having the issue were using an ASUS model (including me).

Any solutions?

submitted by /u/surprisedmofo
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/surprisedmofo, Aug 12, 2020
  2. FigenIsik Win User

built in camera is not listed in device manager

Thank you so much for your effort but camera is not listed in device manager, so I cannot do what you suggested. Thank you.

FigenIsik, Aug 12, 2020
  3. Device Manager Un-Hiding Hidden Devices

When you connect a plug and play device, Windows Plug and Play manager detects it, finds and installs the driver. Device Manager lists the device with a solid icon.

The driver is only removed when you uninstall the device, not simply by disconnecting the device. When the device is disconnected, its driver is still installed. By default, Device Manager only displays connected devices. When you show hidden devices, note the Bluetooth icon you see is semi-transparent (not opaque). That indicates a "non-present" device. Sometimes also called a "ghost" device. The driver is still installed but the device is not currently detected (i.e. not connected).

Device can be disconnected when
    • Device unplugged (e.g. removing a USB device)
    • Turning a device OFF
    • Disabling the device in BIOS (then windows won't detect it) or
    • Device failure

So
    • Check BIOS as suggested
    • Check board connections
    • Can b/t be turned off by a switch? or keyboard combination?
    Also possible the b/t h/w failed

ComputerGeek, Aug 12, 2020
  4. Can't find 'Camera' in Device Manager

Integrated Camera not working, no imaging devices in device manager

Hello,

This issue may arise if the driver of the camera is outdated. We suggest that you follow these troubleshooting steps:

Method 1: Install updates from the manufacturer.

• Open the Device Manager on your PC.
      • In Windows 10, enter Device Manager in the search box next to Start, and then select Device Manager in
        the results.
      • In Windows 8.1, swipe in from the right edge of the screen and then tap Search. (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move
        the mouse pointer up, and then click Search.) Then enter Device Manager in the search box, select Settings, and select Device Manager in
        the results.
    • Expand Imaging devices.
    • Right-click the camera that's having problems, and select Update Driver Software.
    • Select Search automatically for updated driver software, and then follow the on-screen instructions. This might include restarting your PC.
    Method 2: Install your PC's default drivers.
    • Open the Device Manager on your PC.
      • In Windows 10, enter Device Manager in the search box next to Start, and then select Device Manager in
        the results.
      • In Windows 8.1, swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search. (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move
        the mouse pointer up, and then click Search.) Then enter Device Manager in the search box, select Settings, and select Device Manager in
        the results.
    • Expand Imaging devices.
    • Right-click the camera that's having problems, and select Update Driver Software.
    • Select Browse my computer for driver software.
    • Select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
    • Select USB Video Device, select Next, and then follow the on-screen instructions. This might include restarting your PC.
    If the issue persists, kindly contact your device manufacturer for better assistance.

Do let us know if you have any other concerns.

Raymond Ave, Aug 12, 2020
Thema:

Can't find 'Camera' in Device Manager

1. Can't find 'Camera' in Device Manager - Similar Threads - Can't find 'Camera'

2. can't find the camera

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't find the camera: Can't find the installed camera. No switches and doesn't find a driver. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-the-camera/26f0c20e-d79f-40f5-aa49-6261550f138a
  3. I can't find my camera at device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I can't find my camera at device manager: i cant find my camera at device manager https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-find-my-camera-at-device-manager/b0887b1a-36e6-470e-92b4-390576c869fe
  4. I can't find my camera in device manager

I can't find my camera in device manager: I can't find my camera in device manager I have windows 10 and COMPAQ CQ60-300SV 2CE84636GK https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-find-my-camera-in-device-manager/f737ff0c-713c-41af-8964-269549ff2f6f
  5. computer can't find built in camera. Can't find camera or imaging device in device manager

computer can't find built in camera. Can't find camera or imaging device in device manager: Basically title. I really need to use the camera for online classes cause of the corona virus but when I try to use it, it gets an error message saying "We can't find your camera". There's no camera related thing in device manager. I've tried scanning for hardware changes...
  6. Camera and Device Manager

Camera and Device Manager: My camera app has the error "We can't find your camera" with the error code 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached> and camera is not showing up in device manager. I have tried so many things, including making sure the camera is turned on in privacy settings, checking that my...
  7. CAMERA NOT IN DEVICE MANAGER

CAMERA NOT IN DEVICE MANAGER: ERROR MESSAGE (CAMERA NOT FOUND) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-not-in-device-manager/d81a9029-d6ad-48e7-a1ac-78196a6ce2dd
  8. Cant find camera in device manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cant find camera in device manager: Hi, i just got a new hard drive installed on my HP Notebook f100, and my camera driver is nowhere to be seen. no imaging devices tab, no cameras tab, please help! :CC...
  9. Can't find this teredo adapter in Device Manager

Can't find this teredo adapter in Device Manager: [ATTACH] It doesn't show in device mangaer under network adaptations, It doesn't show under "add legacy hardware" Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-this-teredo-adapter-in-device-manager/7c503da2-8a47-4696-ace1-e242ef5001ab
  10. Can't Find WebCam Device in Device Manager

Can't Find WebCam Device in Device Manager: In Win7 I'd do Device Manager > Imaging Devices > USB 2.0 PC Camera to find my USB WebCam and activate it and de-activate the monitor's built-in camera. But in Win10 Device Manager has no listing for Imaging Devices. [img] Where in Win10 can I enable and disable...