Windows 10: Can't find chkdsk results

Discus and support Can't find chkdsk results in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I just did chkdsk test on main drive, after restart. And after login no results were shown... And it is not in Event Viewer, but it showed previous... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by empleat, Jun 3, 2021.

1. empleat Win User

Can't find chkdsk results

I just did chkdsk test on main drive, after restart. And after login no results were shown... And it is not in Event Viewer, but it showed previous chkdsk tests, weird... I tried filter by event Sources: Wininit, chkdsk, or event id 26226 and it is not there.

:)

empleat, Jun 3, 2021

2. Retrieving Windows 10 chkdsk D: /r results

I performed the task and the results are "Event ID: 26226. Number of events: 0. Most of the suggestions that I have found for retrieving chkdsk results are for the OS drive C:. This is an external disk connected via USB 3.1_1.

FrankyLynn, Jun 3, 2021
  3. CHKDSK LogFile:

CHKDSK LogFile:

Go to Start and type in "eventvwr.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter

Expand the Windows logs heading, then select the Application log file entry.

Double click on the Source column header.

Scroll down the list until you find the Chkdsk entry
    (wininit for Win7) (winlogon for XP).

Copy/paste the results into your next post.

chkdsk /r seems t be stuck at 11%. Assuming it gets past this:

What do I look for for Win 10 as I am not running Win7 or XP?

WhiteWolf 6.0, Jun 3, 2021
  4. Jelo Sen Win User

chkdsk c: /F

It might be an error on the drive. We suggests that you follow the troubleshooting steps below:

• Run Disk Cleanup utility to clear your junk files.
    • Open an elevated CMD type sfc /scannow and hit Enter to run the System File Checker.
    • Once the scan is completed, restart your computer. Remember to exit ChkDsk
      during boot.
    • Next, again open CMD as admin type
      Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
      and hit Enter to repair the Windows image.
    • Now see if ChkDsk able to complete the scan.

Note: Before doing the steps, make sure you save a back up of your files.

Let us know how it goes.

Jelo Sen, Jun 3, 2021
Thema:

1. Can't find chkdsk results - Similar Threads - Can't find chkdsk

2. How much is the result of CHKDSK trusworthy?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How much is the result of CHKDSK trusworthy?: 1. If Stages 1, 2, and 3 give no errors or fix all the errors detected, can we assume that files are OK.2. I assume that faulty sectors are removed by Stage 4 and 5? If some sectors used by files are faulty, how those files can be restored?3. What EAT stands for?4. I backed...
  3. How much is the result of CHKDSK trusworthy?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How much is the result of CHKDSK trusworthy?: 1. If Stages 1, 2, and 3 give no errors or fix all the errors detected, can we assume that files are OK.2. I assume that faulty sectors are removed by Stage 4 and 5? If some sectors used by files are faulty, how those files can be restored?3. What EAT stands for?4. I backed...
  4. How much is the result of CHKDSK trusworthy?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to find ChkDsk results in Event Viewer logs in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to find ChkDsk results in Event Viewer logs in Windows 10: We run ChkDsk on our computer systems to find and fix the errors. After completing the scanning, the chkdsk results are saved in Event Viewer. You can read the chkdsk results in the Event Viewer with some clicks. In the case of corruption, sudden power failure, etc., Windows...
  6. chkdsk /scan and /f different results

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    chkdsk /scan and /f different results: Symptom: W10 NUC boots only at second attempts The SSD of the NUC removed and attached to a desktop PC running W10 2004 chkdsk /scan reports: Windows has scanned the file system and found no problems. No further action is required. 122402256 KB total disk space....
  7. Chkdsk results

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Chkdsk results: Recently ran chkdsk, and looked at results in Event Viewer. It says it made corrections to a few files. How do I know which files it made corrections to ? (also, how do I locate and upload the relevant log file please?) (Windows Home, 64-bit, Version 1909) 147792
  8. Where to find results of chkdsk after rebooting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where to find results of chkdsk after rebooting: Am doing chkdsk /r /f c: a second time but it looks like I got the same probem. The chkdsk program requests a reboot as C : is the OS boot drive. Unaccountably, there is no display. I know it is running as the disk led is active and I can hear the disk drive clicking....
  9. chkdsk can't find path

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    chkdsk can't find path: when I run chkdsk or chkdsk /f, it will run on the partition/drive I have on my command prompt. IE PS C:\WINDOWS\system32>chkdsk runs on C: PS C:\WINDOWS\system32>chkdsk runs on D: PS C:\WINDOWS\system32>chkdsk /f runs on D: if I enter chkdsk c:\ or chkdsk d:\ with or...
  10. chkdsk can't find path or file

in Windows 10 Support
    chkdsk can't find path or file: when I run chkdsk or chkdsk /f, it will run on the partition/drive I have on my command prompt. IE PS C:\WINDOWS\system32>chkdsk runs on C: PS C:\WINDOWS\system32>chkdsk runs on D: PS C:\WINDOWS\system32>chkdsk /f runs on D: if I enter chkdsk c:\ or chkdsk d:\ with or...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. chkdsk event viewer no record