Windows 10: Can't find corrupt system file from log "OneDrive.lnk"

Discus and support Can't find corrupt system file from log "OneDrive.lnk" in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I hadn't been able to make a Flash Recovery Drive so I ran sfc /scannow, it said there was at least one corrupt system file it couldn't repair; I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by surfer2938, Oct 29, 2018.

1. Can't find corrupt system file from log "OneDrive.lnk"

I hadn't been able to make a Flash Recovery Drive so I ran sfc /scannow, it said there was at least one corrupt system file it couldn't repair; I checked the log and found only OneDrive.lnk (screen capture attached).

However I can't find where this file is located (so I can't replace it with a good copy [not that I'm sure yet where I would get a good copy]). I deleted OneDrive from App list hoping this would solve it but it didn't seem to.

Any help appreciated, thanks.

:)

surfer2938, Oct 29, 2018

2. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Oct 29, 2018
  3. Windows 10 WMDC .lnk files

Hi Jom,

We suggest performing the steps provided above for us to troubleshoot your issue with copying .lnk files to any devices.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Lov Dollente, Oct 29, 2018
  4. Can't find corrupt system file from log "OneDrive.lnk"

Windows 10 WMDC .lnk files

• Just to confirm, are you having issues copying shortcuts (.lnk files) to any devices?
      Yes
    • Have you made any changes prior to the issue? No, Except what is described in this trade
    • Are you receiving any error messages? It seems like there is some messages there are suppressed, there is appearing some sounds, like error sounds but no message displayed.
    • Is the issue the same when copying a different file? nope, only on the .lnk files
    • What are the steps that you've done so far to troubleshoot the issue?
      What is described in my previous comments

When it was working before the specified Windows 10 updates, it would sometimes prompt if want to do or accept something ... But unfortunately I can't remember what is was, i think it was something about if you want to do is for this files types
      and again if you want to do it for all the following files as well.

j.o.mortensen, Oct 29, 2018
Thema:

Can't find corrupt system file from log "OneDrive.lnk"

1. Can't find corrupt system file from log "OneDrive.lnk" - Similar Threads - Can't find corrupt

2. .lnk folder file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .lnk folder file: Good day.Could someone please help me. I have created a folder in my OneDrive app and created a Shortcut from that folder however when I try accessing it online I cannot open the Shortcut folder. Here's how it looks.https://prnt.sc/8fxpgNamhqB6Thank you....
  3. Can't Log In To OneDrive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't Log In To OneDrive: I am a photographer and OneDrive has always been my way of moving edited photos to my phone. A couple days ago, OneDrive stopped backing my photos up to the cloud so I could download them. I have tried every solution on the Internet. I figured out there is a problem with the...
  4. error 0x80070780 - Can't delete lnk files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    error 0x80070780 - Can't delete lnk files: Hi there. So I can't delete these two shortcuts that became lnk files after messing with and subsequently deleting dropbox from my computer. I've tried everything in this article and more: https://tech-blogs.com/fix-error-0x80070780-once-and-for-all-in-6/ . I've even tried...
  5. .lnk shortcuts will not sync in OneDrive

.lnk shortcuts will not sync in OneDrive: I use multiple photography and video programs. I organize shortcuts to those files in folders for easy access. I also use desktop shortcuts to some of the more frequently used programs. Desktop shortcuts and shortcuts within folders with .lnk extensions will not sync with...
  6. .lnk shortcuts will not sync with OneDrive

.lnk shortcuts will not sync with OneDrive: I use multiple photography and video programs. I organize shortcuts to those files in folders for easy access. I also use desktop shortcuts to some of the more frequently used programs. Desktop shortcuts and shortcuts within folders with .lnk extensions will not sync with...
  7. Can't boot system from SSD - can't find winload.efi file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't boot system from SSD - can't find winload.efi file: Hello! I wanted to upgrade my Sony VAIO with Windows 10 from the original 750 Gb HDD to a new 1 Tb SSD (SanDisk Ultra). I downloaded Macrium Reflect to clone my HDD to the SSD and after doing the cloning, I installed the SSD in my computer and turned it on, but the system...
  8. Cortana cannot find shortcut files (.lnk)

in Cortana
    Cortana cannot find shortcut files (.lnk): My computer that is running Windows 10, desktop search or Cortana, cannot find the shortcut files (files with the extension .lnk). The problem occurred after the update. I hope to help....
  9. .lnk files

.lnk files: The OneDrive Support team have told me to delete the following .lnk files as they are preventing a full sync. But they've also expressed caution:"Some applications may depend on these links to function properly. Remove only the links that you know are safe to modify"....
  10. Corrupt files (Windows accessory .lnk files)

in Windows 10 Support
    Corrupt files (Windows accessory .lnk files): When I run sfc /scannow, these are the problems that can't be fixed: 2016-04-17 17:10:09, Info CSI 000051ab [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:17]"Snipping Tool.lnk" of Microsoft-Windows-SnippingTool-App, version 10.0.10586.0, arch amd64, nonSxS, pkt {l:8...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. onedrive.lnk file corrupted

2. onedrive.lnk

3. OneDrive.lnk corrupt

4. onedrive start link keeps getting corrupted,
  5. find corrupt flies,
  6. android one drive corrupted file messge but its not corrupted,
  7. onedrive lnk file,
  8. onedrive.lnk corrupted windows 10,
  9. corrupt onedrink.lnk,
  10. onedrive cannot sync *.lnk files,
  11. how to open lnk file from onedrive,