Windows 10: Can't find downloaded program

Discus and support Can't find downloaded program in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I downloaded a program (Skype) and I can't find it. I would like to add it to my start menu but I am not sure how to find it to do that. Can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by kienthucnet, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Can't find downloaded program

Hello,
    I downloaded a program (Skype) and I can't find it. I would like to add it to my start menu but I am not sure how to find it to do that. Can anyone help?

Thanks,
    SuzanTN

Tags: windows 10, software, cach go bo phan mem

:)

kienthucnet, Sep 22, 2015
  2. Sallyf024 Win User

Where is FreeCell in windows 10?

This is the 2nd time I have 'downloaded' this and I still can't find the unzipped file or program.

Sallyf024, Sep 22, 2015
  3. PaulWill4 Win User
    HD7 connection error 64bit win7

I can't find a 64bit installer for Zune, when the software downloads it installs to the 'program files' folder not ( x86 ) so as far as I know it is a 64bit program, Is there a link to the 64bit installer that I cant find.

PaulWill4, Sep 22, 2015
  4. swarfega Win User

Can't find downloaded program

If you chose to save the download then it should be in your downloads folder which is usually c:\users\<name>\download. If you didn't choose to save it then it's probably in some temporary folder. The filename is something like SkypeSetup.exe or SkypeSetupFull.exe.

swarfega, Sep 22, 2015
  5. topgundcp Win User
    When you download from the web. Normally it will be put in Downloads folder as shown below:

Can't find downloaded program [​IMG]

topgundcp, Sep 22, 2015
  6. caperjack Win User
    well , you wouldn't put it in your start menu untill its installed ,having said that if you didn't download it but chose install ,it went to a temp folder and then installed ,it would/should already be in you start menu ,
    , so just go to search and type in Skype ..it should show up, if not its not installed yet ,just go re-download it and take notice of where its going by choosing check download the dialog box on the screen

caperjack, Sep 22, 2015
  7. Thanks all, I've found.

kienthucnet, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Can't find downloaded program

1. Can't find downloaded program - Similar Threads - Can't find downloaded

2. Can't find msxml4.dll download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't find msxml4.dll download: I need to download and install msxml4.dll. Why is it no longer available from Microsoft? My software won't work without it! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-msxml4dll-download/b2f2d309-d35b-4e47-b286-fb9d63f7700b
  3. How can I find downloaded programs?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I find downloaded programs?: I continue to find Windows 11 most user-unfriendly and frustrating. I any former OS, if I recall correctly, on installation of the OS I could instruct it to allow me to determine where a download program would be saved. In Windows 11, Settings > System > Storage > Where new...
  4. How can I find downloaded programs?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I find downloaded programs?: I continue to find Windows 11 most user-unfriendly and frustrating. I any former OS, if I recall correctly, on installation of the OS I could instruct it to allow me to determine where a download program would be saved. In Windows 11, Settings > System > Storage > Where new...
  5. Can't download a program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't download a program: I am trying to download a program and it won't let me because I get the can't find the app in the app store box.I have already checked and I am not in Windows 11 Home S modeI went through the process of making sure the apps allowed is set to "allow from anywhere"What else can...
  6. Can't download a program

Can't download a program: I am trying to download a program and it won't let me because I get the can't find the app in the app store box.I have already checked and I am not in Windows 11 Home S modeI went through the process of making sure the apps allowed is set to "allow from anywhere"What else can...
  7. Windows Can't Find Downloaded Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Can't Find Downloaded Files: Windows suddenly can't find multiple downloaded files I download through Chrome and Edge. When I click on a recently downloaded file, I get an error message saying "Windows can't find *filelocation*. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again." I've tried...
  8. Can't find a program on my pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't find a program on my pc: Trying to do update for Windows 10 and I am being told to uninstall a program that I can not find on my pc. The program is Avira AntiVir, it doesn't exist that I can find.... anyone able to help me?...
  9. Can't find a downloaded app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't find a downloaded app: I have downloaded the Scanmarker Air app from Google Play. Google Play says it is Installed. I did try installing it gain but, of course, it said it was already installed on my device. I have checked All Apps, performed a general search on the laptop and checked Explorer...
  10. Can't Install a Downloaded Program

Can't Install a Downloaded Program: I have twice downloaded programs and when I click to install them, I receive a screen with this error message: Your PC's settings only let it install verified apps from the Store...Installing apps. only from the Store helps protect your PC and keep it running...