Windows 10: Can't find exported pdf files

Discus and support Can't find exported pdf files in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; [img] I'm Using Open Office which has the option to export files in PDF format, but when I do this, I can't find the file. It's not in documents,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Fred22, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Fred22 Win User

Can't find exported pdf files

Can't find exported pdf files [​IMG]

I'm Using Open Office which has the option to export files in PDF format, but when I do this, I can't find the file. It's not in documents, downloads or pictures. I can see it as it's being saved but can't find it afterwards if this makes any sense. I hope this snip will help.

:)

Fred22, Apr 1, 2016

2. Export Pub to PDF

Finally stumbled on the answer. When I try to "export" a publisher file to pdf I'm told Publisher can't do that (until this update, I was happily exporting away). BUT, I can "print" a publisher file to pdf. If you haven't done this before and want to,
    you click on your printer options and "print to pdf" pops up.

LynnwoodUser, Apr 1, 2016
  3. Scan to PDF - app?

Did you read my question? As your response does not make sense at all...

I'm trying to find a Windows application to SCAN TO PDF! Scan to PDF - does not mean that I have concerns regarding a PDF file. I would like to SCAN paper documents, and have them exported as PDF documents.

I have yet to find a decent, reliable, supported, reputable software product that will SCAN paper documents on Windows 10!

I can't believe I even have to post this question - and shows just how poorly the Windows platform has covered off the simple utilities on the platform.

Richard

greatwhitenorth, Apr 1, 2016
  4. AndreTen Win User

You can click on down arrow in location bar and it will show you full path, or you can select new folder (in left tree) an Libre office will remember for the nest time.
    Of course, you can always search for the file, too.

AndreTen, Apr 1, 2016
  5. Fred22 Win User
    How do I search for the file?

Fred22, Apr 1, 2016
  6. Atomcrusher, Apr 1, 2016
  7. dalchina New Member
    If you REALLY want to find a file ANYWHERE on your PC quickly, as in almost instantly (once you have run the program to create a 1st time index use either
    Everything by void tools (modern GUI)
    or
    Locate32 (older, not maintained)

Both free. They create (quickly) and then maintain an index of all files. Search is 'find as you type'

dalchina, Apr 1, 2016
  8. Fred22 Win User

Where do I find these apps?

Fred22, Apr 1, 2016
  9. AndreTen Win User
    Have you tried to search with Windows search first? Just click on the start and start typing one of the names that you want to find.

AndreTen, Apr 1, 2016
  10. Fred22 Win User
    Can't find exported pdf files [​IMG]

I found them. They were in the gallery. I just don't understand why there's not an option, a folder labeled "gallery"??

Fred22, Apr 1, 2016
  11. dalchina New Member
    Well... I would suggest you try searching.

Try "void tools"

and "Locate32 freeware"

Note: the "" means literally that text if you are unfamiliar

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't find exported pdf files - Similar Threads - Can't find exported

2. When I export whiteboard to pdf, the pdf is very small. Is there a way to export it fitting...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I export whiteboard to pdf, the pdf is very small. Is there a way to export it fitting...: When I export whiteboard to pdf, the pdf is very small. Is there a way to export it fitting the pdf size ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-export-whiteboard-to-pdf-the-pdf-is-very/f50edd16-f40e-4ca5-baba-1d2065c48327
  3. When I export whiteboard to pdf, the pdf is very small. Is there a way to export it fitting...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I export whiteboard to pdf, the pdf is very small. Is there a way to export it fitting...: When I export whiteboard to pdf, the pdf is very small. Is there a way to export it fitting the pdf size ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-export-whiteboard-to-pdf-the-pdf-is-very/f50edd16-f40e-4ca5-baba-1d2065c48327
  4. Whiteboard exported PDF file is blank

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whiteboard exported PDF file is blank: In the Microsoft Whiteboard app, whenever I try to export a whiteboard as a PDF, it appears and saves in my Onedrive. However, when clicking the PDF in my Onedrive, it opens as a blank page regardless of the text or images that i have inputted into the whiteboard app.I have...
  5. Whiteboard exported PDF file is blank

Whiteboard exported PDF file is blank: In the Microsoft Whiteboard app, whenever I try to export a whiteboard as a PDF, it appears and saves in my Onedrive. However, when clicking the PDF in my Onedrive, it opens as a blank page regardless of the text or images that i have inputted into the whiteboard app.I have...
  6. How to export a file created in open office to pdf

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to export a file created in open office to pdf: How do I export a document created in Open Office to pdf https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-export-a-file-created-in-open-office-to-pdf/b2c1683b-5b6a-4582-aef8-e265ba8ad7c7
  7. How to export a file created in open office to pdf

How to export a file created in open office to pdf: How do I export a document created in Open Office to pdf https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-export-a-file-created-in-open-office-to-pdf/b2c1683b-5b6a-4582-aef8-e265ba8ad7c7
  8. 3D Builder can't export files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3D Builder can't export files: Hello,whenever I try to assemble multiple files into one, I cannot export the result. I get the message "export not possible. Please try again. Error core: 0x80004005". I tried to export the file as STL or 3MF - the result is the same. I checked my RAM - I have 32 GB RAM....
  9. 3D Builder can't export files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    3D Builder can't export files: Hello,whenever I try to assemble multiple files into one, I cannot export the result. I get the message "export not possible. Please try again. Error core: 0x80004005". I tried to export the file as STL or 3MF - the result is the same. I checked my RAM - I have 32 GB RAM....
  10. Exporting a book PDF

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Exporting a book PDF: I'm an author who needs to export a book PDF as a mobi. how do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/exporting-a-book-pdf/a74b6b61-e337-4891-87d2-789d628e6036"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 find exported files