Windows 10: Can't find file system properties

Discus and support Can't find file system properties in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I am on windows 20H2. I can't find the "file system properties" described... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by frapc, May 12, 2021.

1. frapc Win User

Can't find file system properties

Hi, I am on windows 20H2. I can't find the "file system properties" described herehttps://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/disabling-the-write-behind-caching-setting-does-not-disable-all-write-behind-caching-on-the-system-78592eac-fab2-5043-296b-744e032a1cc4Is it just me or is there an actual way to get to them?Thanks.

:)

frapc, May 12, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Processor name not showing in System properties window

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The WMI (Windows Management Instrumentation) Service usually manages the information displayed in the System properties window. It could be possible that the service is not running properly that is the reason the Processor name is not displayed in
    the System properties window.

I suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below and check if that helps:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type services.msc and click on
      OK
    3. Scroll down, look for Windows Management Instrumentation service, and check if the service is running.
    4. If the service is not running then, right click on the service and click on
      Properties.
    5. Now, select Automatic from the drop down for
      Startup type.
    6. Click on Start to start the service and click on
      OK.
    7. Restart the computer.

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 12, 2021
  3. Info under properties not showing so files not working correctly

Hi Beth,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Do you get any error message or error code on the screen?
    • If yes, what exactly is the error message?
    This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin)
      to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Nachappa C K, May 12, 2021
  4. Can't find file system properties

Security tab in folder properties just disappeared

Hi Nikola,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

• Is the issue specific to any particular file or folder?

I suggest you to restore the Folder properties to default and check if it helps.

Steps:-

• Windows Key + E and click View.
    • Select Option and choose "Change folder and search options"
    • Go to View tab and Restore defaults.

If you still face the issue, try running a System File Checker (SFC) Scan on the system and check if it helps.

System file check is a utility built into the Operating System that will check for system file corruption the
    sfc /scannow command (System File Check) scans the integrity of all protected operating system files and replaces incorrect, corrupted, changed, or damaged versions with the correct versions where possible.

I suggest you to try the steps provided, in the link below in order to run SFC scan on your computer.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...em-files/bc609315-da1f-4775-812c-695b60477a93

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, May 12, 2021
Thema:

Can't find file system properties

1. Can't find file system properties - Similar Threads - Can't find file

2. "these files have properties that can't be read"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "these files have properties that can't be read": I'm trying to edit a video mp4 in Video Editor Photos and getting this error: "these files have properties that can't be read". I have to Dell Pcs, in one Video Editor can add the video in the other it can't. So nothing is wrong with the video. Both PCs were upgraded to...
  3. FIle Properties can't be edited in an MP4

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FIle Properties can't be edited in an MP4: Hi - I've been capturing lots of old camcorder videos - and have them sorted on my Onedrive once I've topped and tailed the capture file.They are .MP4 - and I want to change the File Properties, but I am unable to. Any idea why they are locked?...
  4. FIle Properties can't be edited in an MP4

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    FIle Properties can't be edited in an MP4: Hi - I've been capturing lots of old camcorder videos - and have them sorted on my Onedrive once I've topped and tailed the capture file.They are .MP4 - and I want to change the File Properties, but I am unable to. Any idea why they are locked?...
  5. Windows 10 can't open system properties

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 can't open system properties: hiWhen i type in thispc in the text box then click on properties on the right hand side, the app opens but then closes itself shortly. Whilst its open the screen is blank except for a picture of a cog....
  6. Can't modify properties of certain files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't modify properties of certain files: Some files,when I modify the metadata (es. Images), sometimes it says "unable to modify metadata: file in use by COM Surrogate". The problem is that, COM Surrogate aka dllhost.exe is the same process that should modify the metadata, so if I turn down this process the whole...
  7. Can't Find Device settings in Mouse properties

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't Find Device settings in Mouse properties: I cant get device settings in mouse properties.[ATTACH]I have tried every possible way to update driver or install a new one. installed synaptic pointer driver, nothing just works. Am i never gonna get it? Whats the issue?...
  8. Can't delete/change properties/etc. of file in Videos system folder

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can't delete/change properties/etc. of file in Videos system folder: I have a file in the videos folder, the full path is "C:\Users\Tony\Videos\vlc-record-2019-09-09-17h35m00s-André Rieu & Mirusia - Time To Say Goodbye-DVbOxh7tQCc.mkv-.mkv" a total of 116 characters (excluding quotes). The apparent file properties are odd, size is 16.1KB...
  9. No System Properties

in Windows 10 Customization
    No System Properties: Here's a major issue I have: Where are the System Properties? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-system-properties/cef9b780-93c4-412d-b081-0ec1cc22f888
  10. Can't check the properties of a file.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't check the properties of a file.: Having serious issues on my windows 10 O.S. For example instead of cut it changed to windoes.cut or properties changed to windows.properties. Can't check the properties of a file. When I right click on a folder it does not show the entire options like before which...