Windows 10: Cant find files after windows update on May 13,2020

Discus and support Cant find files after windows update on May 13,2020 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows updated yesterday and I can't find the files on my computer. Any ideas on how to retrieve?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MarcieO'Neil1, May 14, 2020.

1. Cant find files after windows update on May 13,2020

Windows updated yesterday and I can't find the files on my computer. Any ideas on how to retrieve?

:)

MarcieO'Neil1, May 14, 2020
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, May 14, 2020
  3. Jan Del Win User
    Microphone connection with Dragon 13 and Windows 10

Hi Michael,

One of the possible cause to this issue is compatibility conflict. Some user reports that the latest version of Dragon 13 doesn't require Compatibility mode in order to run correctly. We suggest turning off Compatibility mode by following the steps below:

• Locate Dragon 13 shortcut and right click it.
    • Select Properties from the list.
    • Click on Compatibility tab and locate Run this program in compatibility mode for and uncheck it.
    • Click OK to save the changes and try running the application again.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Jan Del, May 14, 2020
  4. Cant find files after windows update on May 13,2020

Microsoft January 2020 Security Updates

Release Notes

January 2020 Security Updates

Release Date: January 14, 2020

The January security release consists of security updates for the following software:

• Microsoft Windows
    • Internet Explorer
    • Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office Services and Web Apps
    • ASP.NET Core
    • .NET Core
    • .NET Framework
    • OneDrive for Android
    • Microsoft Dynamics
    Please note the following information regarding the security updates:

• For information regarding enabling Windows 10, version 1909 features, please see

Microsoft Update Catalog.
    • For information on lifecycle and support dates for Windows 10 operating systems, please see

Windows Lifecycle Facts Sheet
    • A list of the latest servicing stack updates for each operating system can be found in

ADV990001
      . This list will be updated whenever a new servicing stack update is released. It is important to install the latest servicing stack update.
    • Starting in May 2019, Internet Explorer 11 is available on Windows Server 2012. This configuration is present only in the IE Cumulative package.
    • Updates for Windows RT 8.1 and Microsoft Office RT software are only available via

Windows Update
    • In addition to security changes for the vulnerabilities, updates include defense-in-depth updates to help improve security-related features.
    • Note: Support for Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2, and Windows Server 2008 ends January 14, 2020. For more information please see

Lifecycle FAQ-Extended Security Updates
    The following CVEs have FAQs with additional information and may include * further steps to take after installing the updates. Please note that this is not a complete list of CVEs for this release.

Known Issues

The f****ssues with the security updates. For a complete list of security update KBs, please see

2****ssues, please see
    Windows message center (links to currently-supported versions of Windows are in the left pane).

[table][tr][td]4534271[/td][td]Windows 10, version 1607, Windows Server 2016[/td][/tr][tr][td]4534273[/td][td]Windows 1****809[/td][/tr][tr][td]4534276[/td][td]Windows 10, version 1709[/td][/tr][tr][td]4534283[/td][td]Windows Server 2012 (Monthly Rollup)[/td][/tr][tr][td]4534288[/td][td]Windows Server 2012 (Security-only update)[/td][/tr][tr][td]4534293[/td][td]Windows 10, version 1803, Windows Server version 1803[/td][/tr][tr][td]4534297[/td][td]Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012 R2 (Monthly Rollup)[/td][/tr][tr][td]4534306[/td][td]Windows 10[/td][/tr][tr][td]4534309[/td][td]Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012 R2 (Security-only update[/td][/tr][/table]

NICK ADSL UK, May 14, 2020
Thema:

Cant find files after windows update on May 13,2020

1. Cant find files after windows update on May 13,2020 - Similar Threads - Cant find files

2. may 2020 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    may 2020 update: how do i install an earlier update in history can only see updates for 2021. i would like to install may 2020 update. could anyone help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/may-2020-update/bea25d64-4623-4b77-bb69-772427cb21d5
  3. may 2020 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    may 2020 update: how do i install an earlier update in history can only see updates for 2021. i would like to install may 2020 update. could anyone help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/may-2020-update/bea25d64-4623-4b77-bb69-772427cb21d5
  4. Windows May 2020 Update

Windows May 2020 Update: This update was installed on July 23, 2020 at night after I went to bed. When I woke up the next and went to get my email, I couldn't even login using my password or pin. I went to another computer to login on the Microsoft website and my password worked. I even tried...
  5. May 2020 update

May 2020 update: This is about my husband's laptop. After two days he finally managed to install the update only to find out he cannot use his computer. He cannot get into any applications and it just seems to be stuck in a loading loop. What does he have to do now? If he can manage to...
  6. Windows Update 2020 May

Windows Update 2020 May: I updated windows from 1909 version to 2004 version but there is no change in my windows. What vould be the problem? I wasted my internet yesterday. Anyone answer it please ....
  7. WINDOWS UPDATE MAY 2020

WINDOWS UPDATE MAY 2020: And so - shock horror - the latest Windows updates has meant been unable to use laptop as stuck in perpetual loop of cannot install updates... why is it hat whenever there is an update there seems to be issues? When many people need their laptops to work from home you need to...
  8. windows 10 update problems May 13, 2020 icons.

windows 10 update problems May 13, 2020 icons.: after update windows 10 on May12, 2020, icons would open so small I could not read or enlarge. Had to back out the update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-problems-may-13-2020-icons/a42562f0-4a59-4d57-b11d-92175c30adf5
  9. Windows 10 update for May 13, 2020 changed Google Chrome settings.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 update for May 13, 2020 changed Google Chrome settings.: Downloaded latest update on laptop and desktop. This changed Google Chrome settings on laptop and whited out shortcut for Google Chrome. How can we fix this easily?...
  10. May 2020 Update

May 2020 Update: Hello All, I just recently read about the May 2020 update. im a Windows Insider, and want to COMPLETELY opt out. not like delete my account from the insider program, I've decided i no longer wish to participate. how would i go to the May 2020 stable build. that is if the...