Windows 10: Can't Find Files Transferred from old Windows 7 computer

Discus and support Can't Find Files Transferred from old Windows 7 computer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Split from this thread. I have a new computer with Windows 10 and I have tried to transfer the data from my old windows 7 computer and I can not find... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by johnfolds1, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Can't Find Files Transferred from old Windows 7 computer

Split from this thread.​

I have a new computer with Windows 10 and I have tried to transfer the data from my old windows 7 computer and I can not find the files on the new computer.

:)

johnfolds1, Feb 13, 2020
  2. rss81 Win User

transfer files between computers on a home network

I don't know why this is so hard to do but I would like to transfer files between a desktop PC running windows 10 pro and a laptop running windows 10 home. I would like to transfer files in both directions. Both computers are on the same home network and are connected wirelessly.

Could some one provide either specific step by step instructions on how to do this (I googled and found a countless list of instructions that don't work)

or a link to a reference.

Thanks,

I don't know if this is possible but it would be nice to see the computer sending the desired file in the explorer file manager of the computer receiving the desired file and then under the computer see a list
    of shared files and folders.

Again, this seems like such a reasonable way of sharing files and folders. Shouldn't there be a simple way to do this?

rss81, Feb 13, 2020
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Windows 7 File Sharing between computers, PROBLEMS!!

Just do a file transfer in explorer from one computer to the other and see what speed you get. I would suggest avoiding homegroup and using a proper network setup instead.

newtekie1, Feb 13, 2020
  4. LonGun Win User

Can't Find Files Transferred from old Windows 7 computer

Need Help Files Transfer

I have a computer running Windows XP Home Edition. That computer has two internal HDDs:

The 1st HDD is C:\ that running Windows. And it has 20GB total of capacity.
    The 2nd HDD is D:\ that is empty. And it has 90GB total of capacity.

The C:\ drive is almost run out of space (full). Is there a way I can transfer everything in the C:\ drive to the D:\ drive and begin to use the D:\ drive from there on as primary drive?
    Can the Windows Files Transfer feature in XP transfer everything I have in C:\ to D:\? If it cannot, then which way can I use to perform the above step?

Thank you.

LonGun, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

Can't Find Files Transferred from old Windows 7 computer

1. Can't Find Files Transferred from old Windows 7 computer - Similar Threads - Can't Find Files

2. Transferred WMP Playlists from old computer; now it can't find half the files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferred WMP Playlists from old computer; now it can't find half the files: I bought a new computer and I'm trying to get Windows Media Player to use my playlists from the old computer, but it's being a giant pain in the tuckus about it.It claims to not be able to find a ton of files that are absolutely there. And they're in the same folder on this...
  3. Transferred WMP Playlists from old computer; now it can't find half the files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferred WMP Playlists from old computer; now it can't find half the files: I bought a new computer and I'm trying to get Windows Media Player to use my playlists from the old computer, but it's being a giant pain in the tuckus about it.It claims to not be able to find a ton of files that are absolutely there. And they're in the same folder on this...
  4. Transfering from old computer to new.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfering from old computer to new.: We are trying to transfer all the address book/contacts from an older computer with Outlook to a new one. The new Outlook won't transfer the addresses or phone numbers just the names. How can we get around that? We are using an external drive to make transfers....
  5. File transfer from old to new computer

File transfer from old to new computer: How do you easily transfer files from an old computer to new computer in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-transfer-from-old-to-new-computer/d2deafdb-e993-4441-b34c-612ae5d2e329
  6. Transfer Files from old to new computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transfer Files from old to new computer: How can I transfer files from my external hard drive to my new computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-files-from-old-to-new-computer/d3888df2-0288-4252-89c8-13c74ec0d862"
  7. Transfer of files/data from old computer to new one

Transfer of files/data from old computer to new one: I have a Dell 'all in one' desk top Inspiron One 2330 (Windows 10) which is failing and not worth repairing. I have purchased another Dell 'all in one' desktop model 3475 also Windows 10. My question is how can I transfer all files and data from the old computer to the new...
  8. Windows 10 - how to transfer files from old computer to new computer.

Windows 10 - how to transfer files from old computer to new computer.: How do I transfer files from my old computer to my new computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-how-to-transfer-files-from-old-computer/c7df1c0d-01ef-4141-8035-00a78a885c9d"
  9. transfer files from old computer to new

transfer files from old computer to new: transfer files from old computer to new https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10/f49e2618-aa29-457b-b562-ff7d6117fbaa"
  10. Transfer files and settings from an old computer to a new computer

Transfer files and settings from an old computer to a new computer: How do I transfer files, folders, and settings from an old computer to a new computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/transfer-files-and-settings-from-an-old-computer/facae362-357b-4611-ac5f-9282d0a8f75e