Windows 10: Can't find fonts installed from Microsoft Store in C:\Windows\Fonts

Discus and support Can't find fonts installed from Microsoft Store in C:\Windows\Fonts in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hello there, Today I downloaded the Gill Sans font pack from MS Store. However, when I check the Windows\Fonts directory, they seem not to be there,... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Abraham_76, May 29, 2020.

1. Can't find fonts installed from Microsoft Store in C:\Windows\Fonts

Hello there,

Today I downloaded the Gill Sans font pack from MS Store. However, when I check the Windows\Fonts directory, they seem not to be there, only the default Gill Sans and Gill MT. Where are the rest?

Actually, I would like to manually download and install the font pack, as I've done for many years now. Is there a font resource in Microsoft site where I can manually download anything?

It seems that Microsoft emphasizes simplicity or thinks that everyone is not computer savvy, but forgets about users that want to meddle a bit more with the OS.

Additional Note: I checked the "show hidden files and folder" option. Nothing.

Thank you in advance!

:)

Abraham_76, May 29, 2020
  2. Ron Wolpa Win User

not all fonts installed on the system (C:\Windows\Fonts) are shown

picture 1 : on Photoshop fonts menu the fonts name are shown but not exhibited
    all fonts on this list I am missing used to be inside C:\windows\fonts

Can't find fonts installed from Microsoft Store in C:\Windows\Fonts [​IMG]

Picture 2 : C:\windows\fonts Those fonts listed on Photoshop fonts list are no longer inside fonts folder (?!) ....
    ... and it was not me who uninstalled them

Can't find fonts installed from Microsoft Store in C:\Windows\Fonts [​IMG]

I tried to do the same than you inside the Powershell (PS C:\WINDOWS\System> 1s c:\windows\fonts ) ,
    however the term 1s was not recognized as cmdlet , function , etc etc ;
    Thanks

Ron Wolpa, May 29, 2020
  3. FONTS

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the instruction provided below and check.

Step 1:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Right click and click on install.
    • Check if you are able to view the fonts in documents.
    Or

Step 2:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Open Control Panel.
    • Click on fonts.
    • Now, drag and drop the downloaded fonts in the font’s folder.

Hope this information helps. If you have any queries, let us know. Will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, May 29, 2020
  4. Mike0409 Win User

Can't find fonts installed from Microsoft Store in C:\Windows\Fonts

Disappearing Fonts

Alright some how...SOMETHING is erasing Fonts from my C:\Windows\Fonts directory....I have replaced about 15 Fonts! And random error's from Font's being eaten...by some Font monster.

Scanned for Viruses Clean
    Malware Clean
    Bad Sectors Clean
    Vista being roshamboing me? *Nutkick :nutkick:

Anyone have any freaking idea WTF it is?

Mike0409, May 29, 2020
Thema:

Can't find fonts installed from Microsoft Store in C:\Windows\Fonts

1. Can't find fonts installed from Microsoft Store in C:\Windows\Fonts - Similar Threads - Can't find fonts

2. Notepad can't find installed fonts?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notepad can't find installed fonts?: I've been having an issue with Notepad since I upgraded to Windows 11 - Notepad can't seem to figure out that I've installed new fonts. When I first install the font, Notepad notices, and I can use it no problem. But if I restart my computer and try to open it again,...
  3. Notepad can't find installed fonts?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notepad can't find installed fonts?: I've been having an issue with Notepad since I upgraded to Windows 11 - Notepad can't seem to figure out that I've installed new fonts. When I first install the font, Notepad notices, and I can use it no problem. But if I restart my computer and try to open it again,...
  4. Can't install apps from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install apps from Microsoft Store: Everytime i try downloading an app from the Microsoft Store it shows me something happened on our end i can't download any new appError Code is 0x800B010FI tried restarting my PC many times as well i tried Reseting the store but nothing worked any idea ?...
  5. Can't install apps from Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't install apps from Microsoft store: I updated a few days ago and then installed a new/fresh copy of Windows 10(stupid I know). My laptop has win10 home version installed so basically I just reset my PC. I tried to install the messenger app on my desktop and it says: Something unexpected happened. Reporting...
  6. How to find installed apps from Microsoft Store?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to find installed apps from Microsoft Store?: I'm an old Newby, and learning as I go. I got free games and apps from Microsoft store. Well, I don't know how to access them. Will someone please Please Help me? Oh ya, I don't even know how to get any reply from you!! Please email to me: *** Email address is removed for...
  7. Can't Install anything from Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't Install anything from Microsoft Store: Hi, I tried to install Forza Horizon 4 today from the Microsoft Store and it gave me an error, the code was 0x80070015, I tried running wsreset and it didn't work, any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Many Thanks, Ryan...
  8. Can't Install Program from Microsoft Store

Can't Install Program from Microsoft Store: Background: I have 2 PCs, one desktop and one laptop. Both are using the same Microsoft Account and both are running the latest version of Windows 10. I was trying to install an app/program (Virtual Tablet) on my laptop using the Microsoft Store however the app wouldn't...
  9. Can't install software from microsoft store.

Can't install software from microsoft store.: Hello, I recently purchased software from the Microsoft Store for the first time. When I try to install it, the button is greyed out and is saying there are not any applicable devices linked to the microsoft account. My PC is in fact linked to my microsoft account and is an...
  10. Where are fonts installed from the Microsoft Store located?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where are fonts installed from the Microsoft Store located?: Hello, I am wondering, where are the fonts installed through the Microsoft Store located? Are there any .otf or .ttf files that I can find on my machine? Kind Regards, Ognyan...