Windows 10: Can't find .gba in Set Default Apps.

Discus and support Can't find .gba in Set Default Apps. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have gone to the Default Apps menu and click on the one that lets you set the apps by file type. I scrolled down to the G section and .gba (the type... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JamesChappell05, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Can't find .gba in Set Default Apps.

I have gone to the Default Apps menu and click on the one that lets you set the apps by file type. I scrolled down to the G section and .gba (the type I'm trying to set) isn't there.

I have tried going on Properties for what I'm trying to open, but when I choose the app that will open it, nothing changes - apart from the fact that the Apply button is no longer grayed out, but still does nothing - and it still doesn't automatically open. Does anyone know how I can solve this?

:)

JamesChappell05, Jan 16, 2019

2. How to set Microsoft Photos App as default

Hello,

We understand the issue you are facing and will assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>System.
    • In the left pane, click on Default Apps.
    • In the right pane, click on Choose default apps by file type.
    • Set the default App to open .jpg files and check for status.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 16, 2019
  3. Cannot set "Calendar" as default app

Hi J.C.Coelho,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 Technical Preview is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to try the below steps and check whether you are able to make the Calendar as default.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Select Default apps from the left pane.
    • Click on Choose default app by protocol at the bottom.
    • Select the Calendar and choose an app.
    Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Jan 16, 2019
  4. kormath Win User

Can't find .gba in Set Default Apps.

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Can't find .gba in Set Default Apps. :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Jan 16, 2019
Thema:

Can't find .gba in Set Default Apps.

1. Can't find .gba in Set Default Apps. - Similar Threads - Can't find gba

2. Setting a Default App . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setting a Default App . . .: My computer, is a Dell laptop. Running, Windows 10 Pro. The browsers, I have installed are: 1. Internet Explorer 2. Google Chrome 3. Mozilla Firefox 4. Comodo IceDragon Everything, I open. Movies email, etc. Uses, Internet Explorer. I don't even like,...
  3. Can't find .jav file in default apps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't find .jav file in default apps: When I was trying to download Optifine, I was unable to open the .jav file. It looks like a blank page and when clicked on, it says on a line of, "please download the app for this...". In the Choose default apps by file type page, there was no .jav file. Is there a way to get...
  4. "I can't find my app to set default app by protocol in Windows 10 setting"

"I can't find my app to set default app by protocol in Windows 10 setting": Let me explain detail my problem following- I am Network Engineer. So that's why, When I using the lab in EVE-ng and I want to be open my Xshell application as default console app but I can't set my xshell app into choose default app by protocol about URL: Telnet, URL: ssh...
  5. Default Apps settings

Default Apps settings: I was able until recently in Win 10 to send documents from within various Apps (Word, Excel, Acrobat, etc) using the "send Mail" feature incorporated in those Apps. Now I cannot do it and I get an error message telling me that they cannot connect to my mail server. I have...
  6. Can't set default apps to open filetypes

Can't set default apps to open filetypes: It is completely impossible for me to change or set a default program for any files. The "Open With" window doesn't function and the "Choose default apps by file type" just freezes and doesn't change any time I set a default program....
  7. can't set default apps

can't set default apps: Hi, I just did a clean install of windows 10 on both my pc and laptop (downloaded the install tool, it installed 1803, not 1809, winver says compile 17134.376) and now I can't set default apps on both machines. nothing happens if I click a file and choose "open with" and...
  8. Can't set default app for .xml files

Can't set default app for .xml files: I'm using Windows 10, version 1803. I'm trying to set Notepad++ as my default editor for .xml files, without success. I tried: - Open with ..., "Choose another app" and then check the "Always use the app to open .xml file" checkbox. It opens just once in Notepad++, but...
  9. default app setting

default app setting: Good day ! I am unable to set Google Chrome as a default browser on my PC with windows 10. Is automatically set to Microsoft Edge and all attempts to change it to other type are in. Please help me to resolve this issue. Regards, J.M.Bhuskute...
  10. Setting defaults by app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting defaults by app: I need help to understand how do set ALL supported file formats to associated app. In Settings > Default Apps > Defaults by app > APP > Manage I get overlong list of file formats, most of them unassociated. I don't find any method how to select them all and assign them to...