Windows 10: can't find homegroup or it's password windows 10

Discus and support can't find homegroup or it's password windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; All of the instructions that I seem to be able to find in reference to View (find) the password for a Homegroup give me instructions such as "1. Click... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KevinMolodecki, Aug 4, 2019.

1. can't find homegroup or it's password windows 10

All of the instructions that I seem to be able to find in reference to View (find) the password for a Homegroup give me instructions such as "1. Click Start & then click Control Panel"; "2. Click Network and Internet and then click HomeGroup"; 3. View or print the homegroup password" HOWEVER. when I do as instructed in #2, THERE IS NO SUCH OPTION AS "VIEW OR PRINT HOMEGROUP PASSWORD" so that answer is essentially useless on the computer on which the homegroup was created. On my Desktop and I was able to connect to my laptop a while ago but I need the password so I can also connect to my Surface but can't find the password to do so on me Desktop so I can.

:)

KevinMolodecki, Aug 4, 2019

2. Reset Homegroup password Windows 10

Hi Jim,

One way of protecting and securing your homegroup is by creating a password. To rectify your concern in resetting the
    homegroup password, we suggest that you follow the procedures given by
    Jessen P posted last July 15, 2016 on this thread:
    Resetting Homegroup in Windows 10
    . This will provide you with the steps and suggested links about homegroup password reset and further details in managing your homegroup.

Let us know if you need more help.

Dhavelyn Mer, Aug 4, 2019
  3. Password in Homegroup on Windows 10

Hi Clay,

Thank you for responding.

As your concern is to remove/ exit from the HomeGroup, I suggest you to try the below steps and check:

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type HomeGroup
      and select it.
    • Click in the HomeGroup and click on Leave the HomeGroup.

For more information:
    HomeGroup from start to finish

Click on More options.

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status for this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 4, 2019
  4. John Sarc Win User

can't find homegroup or it's password windows 10

Finding a Homegroup Password

Hi,

To view and print HomeGroup password, see the steps below:

• Open File Explorer, click on HomeGroup
      in the navigation pane.
    • Click on the HomeGroup tab on the ribbon.
    • Click on View password.
    • You will now see the HomeGroup password that you can also print out.

Let us know how it goes.

John Sarc, Aug 4, 2019
Thema:

can't find homegroup or it's password windows 10

1. can't find homegroup or it's password windows 10 - Similar Threads - can't find homegroup

2. Homegroup Password?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Homegroup Password?: Where do I find my homegroup password? I can see questions on the forum but I don't know how to view the answers or replies. Thank you, Shirley https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/homegroup-password/c32b50ed-6076-46c1-a35a-bc5daae0a932
  3. can't connect to the homegroup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can't connect to the homegroup: Hello! At home we have 4 PCs, I used to share file using homegroups without any issues. just three days ago, I had to reinstall the windows on an HP Mini, and after that it couldn't connect to the homegroup, instead it says Create a homegroup. I have tried: -to clean the...
  4. Can't get Homegroup Password

Can't get Homegroup Password: Hi, I had to do a complete reinstall of Windows 10. However, the new install still recognizes the old homegroup and I didn't write down the password. Now I can't change the password. When I open up the homegroup window, I can join, change sharing settings, but I can't change...
  5. Windows 10 Will Not Let Me Create A Homegroup Password

Windows 10 Will Not Let Me Create A Homegroup Password: I have just installed Windows 10 on my HP Elitebook 8460p Windows Pro 64 bit laptop. I am currently part of a homegroup consisting of four other computers which share the same password. When I tried to connect the Windows 10 to the existing homegroup with the password they...
  6. Can't find "show password" for homegroup

Can't find "show password" for homegroup: Hi folks - having trouble recovering my password for a Homegroup, Windows 10. I know, know - I don't know why I don't have it written down along with my other bazillion passwords... I'm on the computer I used to set up the Homegroup, which I vaguely recall setting up a...
  7. Windows 10 homegroup password problem

Windows 10 homegroup password problem: I have a windows 10 PC and a Windows 10 Laptop that I want to network in a homegroup. I setup the homegroup on the PC and that process generated a password. The PC is shown as being a member of the homegroup. When I attempt to connect the laptop all goes well until I get to...
  8. Windows finds homegroup that doesn't exist.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows finds homegroup that doesn't exist.: I have multiple PCs in my house, one that I use myself, and one that is used by the others. Now I need to transfer about 80GB from one PC to the other, and I decided to try the homegroup thingy. Now I never set it up, not on my PC, nor on theirs, but since my bro is still...
  9. Change Homegroup Password in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Homegroup Password in Windows 10: How to: Change Homegroup Password in Windows 10 [img] Information A Homegroup makes it easy to share pictures, music, documents, videos, and printers with other Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10 computers on your local home network. You can also stream...
  10. View or Print Homegroup Password in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    View or Print Homegroup Password in Windows 10: How to: View or Print Homegroup Password in Windows 10 [img] Information A Homegroup makes it easy to share pictures, music, documents, videos, and printers with other Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10 computers on your local home network. You can also...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how can you find your homegroup password in windows 10