Windows 10: Can't find installed themes

Discus and support Can't find installed themes in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am trying to apply several themes that I downloaded/installed from the Microsoft Store. Only one installed where I can see it in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BJsL, Apr 24, 2019.

1. BJsL Win User

Can't find installed themes

I am trying to apply several themes that I downloaded/installed from the Microsoft Store. Only one installed where I can see it in Personalization>Themes and actually use it

Of the others some said "You own this theme" and now say "Installed" but I cannot see them or use them.

I have looked in all of the local folders where they are normally located on my laptop but they are not to be found.

In those Windows Themes/Backgrounds, etc. local folders I can only see the same themes that I see in Settings>Personalization>Themes. It is as though Windows "thinks" they are installed. They are themes that I had at one time but are no longer to be found. I did perform a "restore" several months ago, but I cannot remember if that is when they went missing. I am on a Lenovo ThinkPad laptop running Windows 10 64-bit

Thanks

:)

2. Windows 10 - How to install themes

Hi Rykel,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. Don’t worry. We will assist to resolve this issue.

What error do you receive while trying to download themes?

I would suggest you to follow the steps and check if it helps:

• Right click on the desktop screen and select
              Personalize.

• Select themes from the left side of the page.

• Next select Themes settings.

• Select Get more Themes online.

Try the above suggestion and let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Apr 24, 2019
  3. Win-10 themes keep changing

Hi,

Thank you for providing the information.

• Did you try the steps suggested by Suvarna Govinda above, what was the result?
    As I understand the issue, Themes in Windows doesn't have the options to change on its own. Only the Wallpapers in the themes can change as selected ( Picture, Solid color and Slide Show ).

I would suggest you to make us understand that if the Wallpapers are changing in Theme which you have selected.

Below are the steps you can check if it helps.

• Press Windows + I keys and select Personalization.
    • Select Theme and select the Default theme.
    • Select the Desktop Background below and select the Picture
      and save it and check.
    Please post us back if the issue resolves. We are glad to help you.

Sachin Venkatesh, Apr 24, 2019
  4. Can't find installed themes

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 24, 2019
Thema:

Can't find installed themes

1. Can't find installed themes - Similar Threads - Can't find installed

2. Notepad can't find installed fonts?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notepad can't find installed fonts?: I've been having an issue with Notepad since I upgraded to Windows 11 - Notepad can't seem to figure out that I've installed new fonts. When I first install the font, Notepad notices, and I can use it no problem. But if I restart my computer and try to open it again,...
  3. Can't find Windows Install Tool

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't find Windows Install Tool: Hi There - I am trying to install a bootable USB - all I can seem to find on their website is the ISO... I was under the impression Win10 has a tool that builds the bootable usb for you. I was just going to grab an ISO and throw it in etcher but it is complaining about the...
  4. Finds printer, but can't install it

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Finds printer, but can't install it: Ever since 2004 Spring release which I just had installed a few weeks ago. It seems to detect my local network printer, but cannot install it. I tried to download the driver from HP web site which is pretty old for Windows 10. It is dated 2015 was the last update. I have...
  5. Cant Find "Theme" ////////// "%windir%/Resources/Themes".

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant Find "Theme" ////////// "%windir%/Resources/Themes".: Cant Find "Theme" ////////// "%windir%/Resources/Themes". I have already installed UltraUXThemePatcher but every time i run it I go back to download Site *Huh 146161
  6. install themes

in Windows 10 Customization
    install themes: been trying to install Microsoft themes keeps telling me something about x-box which I don't have https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/install-themes/26053c76-f734-4da7-b891-a05852a98b5e
  7. Windows themes not installing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows themes not installing: I'm trying to put a new theme on my laptop and I get an error that it has failed to install and windows will keep trying. It has done this with two different themes. Please help....
  8. How to find downloaded themes

How to find downloaded themes: I am using downloaded Themes from the Microsoft store for my backgrounds and the problem is that I have to go to Get more help in Personalisation to access those themes. What I want to know is where are those installed themes stored and can I get to them via the Browse in...
  9. Can't find installed application

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't find installed application: Hi, I had installed Alteryx on my system yesterday. After the installation process, the application opened up and I used it for some time. After shutting down the application, it seems to have disappeared from my system. I am not able to find it in the Start button option...
  10. Find the saved themes - how

Find the saved themes - how: Ok, I made a couple of themes, no problem with that but I neglected to make one of them a slideshow and can't find where to alter the theme itself. Start - Control Panel - Personalization only allows me to choose a finished one. I want to edit one and have no clue where to...