Windows 10: Can't find itunes music files

Discus and support Can't find itunes music files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; iTunes says that it cannot find my music files, and this is true for almost all of my music. I found where the music is actually located and also where... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CharlesPitman28, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Can't find itunes music files

iTunes says that it cannot find my music files, and this is true for almost all of my music. I found where the music is actually located and also where iTunes is 'looking'. Those two places are, of course, different. There are 17 files that are in the correct location and I have confirmed that iTunes can play that music. I figured, no problem, I would just drag and drop the non-locatable files to the correct file location (where the other 17 reside). I started by dragging over one file. But iTunes comes up with the same message, that it cannot locate the file nor play it. That doesn't make sense. Because if I go to the actual file location, I can click on the file I just dragged and dropped, it plays just fine, it's just that iTunes for some reason doesn't recognize that it's there. I have tried rebooting the computer, but that didn't help.

Any thoughts? It has to be something simple that I'm missing!

:)

CharlesPitman28, Sep 14, 2019
  2. CanAm Win User

Using Windows 10 File Explorer To Back Up iTunes With A Flash Drive

Hi all,

I bought a 128 GB flash drive to back up my entire iTunes playlist using the Windows 10 File Explorer, and I want to confirm the steps I plan to take.....

Go to File Explorer and select Music / iTunes / iTunes Music. Plug in the flash drive. Drag the iTunes Music file to the flash drive.

Correct?

CanAm, Sep 14, 2019
  3. Rohit_R Win User
    Transfer music files from computer to iTunes

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To transfer the music files from the computer to the iTunes, follow the steps:

1. Open iTunes and click on ‘File’ tab.

2. Select ‘Add File to Library’ from the drop down menu.

3. Navigate to the folder (Music folder) on the One Drive.

4. Select the music folder and click on ‘Open’.

The Music files will get added on the iTunes library.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Rohit Raina

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Rohit_R, Sep 14, 2019
  4. CanAm Win User

Can't find itunes music files

Using Windows 10 File Explorer To Back Up iTunes With A Flash Drive

Hi Ken, and thanks for the reply.
    My iTunes playlist is definitely listed in my iTunes Music file because I use it every month after I buy a few songs.

The path: "Go to File Explorer and select Music / iTunes / iTunes Music. Plug in the flash drive. Drag the iTunes Music file to the flash drive" is similar to what I do every month so I am familiar with that. Just want to confirm that I can just drag the file iTunes Music to my flash drive.

I will be back tomorrow.

CanAm, Sep 14, 2019
Thema:

Can't find itunes music files

1. Can't find itunes music files - Similar Threads - Can't find itunes

2. Personal music in iTunes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Personal music in iTunes: I have iTunes on my Windows 10 desktop. I have imported some CDs into iTunes on it. How do I get that music to show up in iTunes on my new laptop Windows 11? The laptop doesn't have a CD drive, so I can't import them directly to the PC....
  3. Personal music in iTunes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Personal music in iTunes: I have iTunes on my Windows 10 desktop. I have imported some CDs into iTunes on it. How do I get that music to show up in iTunes on my new laptop Windows 11? The laptop doesn't have a CD drive, so I can't import them directly to the PC....
  4. do I find my itunes music files on my windows 10 computer

do I find my itunes music files on my windows 10 computer: How do I find my itunes music files on my windows 10 computer. I just upgraded to a new computer and had itunes on my old laptop. I loaded the itunes app for 64bit on the new computer but not all the music has been loaded into itunes. I had all this information loaded onto an...
  5. Groove Music and iTunes

Groove Music and iTunes: I downloaded an audio file and chose the format to be iTunes with success. The second audio file I downloaded went directly to Groove music and I am not able to access it from iTunes. How do I sync Groove music with my iTunes? I no longer have access to the downloadable...
  6. Groove Music and iTunes playlists

Groove Music and iTunes playlists: I think I figured this out! Via iTunes export your playlist in .m3u format, as long as you are "watching" a directory with an .m3u they will auto-magically show up in Groove Music. I did have to reset the app to make it look in that directory again, but it worked for me....
  7. iTunes/Music backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    iTunes/Music backup: Before I do a clean install of Windows 10, I would like to know how to back up any music which isn't covered by my iTunes Match subscription. I know that I shall be able to bring in most of my music and I have backed up the ring tones which I have created to a thumb drive. I...
  8. Itunes can not drop files to iphone music

Itunes can not drop files to iphone music: Hello this is my problem so till 1 month ago it worked fine droping music from desktop directly to iphone music https://i.imgur.com/w4v7YbP.png Now it doesnt work this round shape red icon appears when i try to drag and drop i would like to enable again this feature...
  9. can't import music via itunes in Windows 10

can't import music via itunes in Windows 10: Hi, About a month ago I finally downloaded the Windows 10 version. I have not been on itunes since then until yesterday. I popped in a cd to move into my itunes library and nothing happened. itunes opens but it doesn't recognize the cd. Hope someone with similar...
  10. Can't Find My Music

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Find My Music: I am using Media Monkey on my PC. I am able to see the location of some of my music however when I navigate to the folder C:\Users\Stu\Music there is nothing there. Anyone know what in sam hell is going on? I am really beginning to hate Windows 10. HELP 11583