Windows 10: Can't find .jav file in default apps

Discus and support Can't find .jav file in default apps in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I was trying to download Optifine, I was unable to open the .jav file. It looks like a blank page and when clicked on, it says on a line of,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DDTran, Jul 27, 2019.

1. DDTran Win User

Can't find .jav file in default apps

When I was trying to download Optifine, I was unable to open the .jav file. It looks like a blank page and when clicked on, it says on a line of, "please download the app for this...". In the Choose default apps by file type page, there was no .jav file. Is there a way to get it?

I have the Microsoft Surface Studio (1st gen.)

:)

DDTran, Jul 27, 2019

2. How to set Microsoft Photos App as default

Hello,

We understand the issue you are facing and will assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>System.
    • In the left pane, click on Default Apps.
    • In the right pane, click on Choose default apps by file type.
    • Set the default App to open .jpg files and check for status.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 27, 2019
  3. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Can't find .jav file in default apps :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Jul 27, 2019
  4. Can't find .jav file in default apps

Issue with default apps

Hi Benjamin,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10 and sorry for the delay in response.

Try the steps and check if it helps.

Step 1:

• Open Start menu, type change default app for each file type in search bar and open it.
    • Here you can match the Name and App which you want to use and try to click on App which you want and make it as default.
    Step 2:

• Open the File location (file which you want to make the Music bee as default player).
    • Right click on any music file (Any music file type mp3/any other format which you wish) and select
      open with from the list and click on Choose default program.
    • Select the Music bee app and make it as default player.

If you still face the same issue, the file type which you are trying to set Music bee as default player may not have supporting format. You may check with the Music bee app publisher website to check for the supported file formats.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jul 27, 2019
Thema:

Can't find .jav file in default apps

1. Can't find .jav file in default apps - Similar Threads - Can't find jav

2. Can't find .jar files in "Choose default apps by file type"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't find .jar files in "Choose default apps by file type": When I try to find the .jar extension so I can change its default app, it is literally not there. I've seen screenshots, and I do everything right, yet the .jar extension isn't even there for me....
  3. Can't find .jar files in "Choose default apps by file type"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't find .jar files in "Choose default apps by file type": When I try to find the .jar extension so I can change its default app, it is literally not there. I've seen screenshots, and I do everything right, yet the .jar extension isn't even there for me....
  4. Can't find .jar files in "Choose default apps by file type"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Making a Windows App as the default app for file type - how to find the installed app?

Making a Windows App as the default app for file type - how to find the installed app?: Hello,I'm using .fit files and have been looking for a software that can view them and convert them to .csv files. Luckily I found one in the Microsoft Store the app is called Fit File Tools. I installed it and it works perfectly. However, now I want to be able to open all my...
  6. Making a Windows App as the default app for file type - how to find the installed app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Making a Windows App as the default app for file type - how to find the installed app?: Hello,I'm using .fit files and have been looking for a software that can view them and convert them to .csv files. Luckily I found one in the Microsoft Store the app is called Fit File Tools. I installed it and it works perfectly. However, now I want to be able to open all my...
  7. Can't find app

Can't find app: Recently, I downloaded a paid application onto my computer. I want to be able to use it on multiple profiles, but it only shows up on the one I downloaded it on. Is there any way to get it onto the second profile?...
  8. Can't find .gba in Set Default Apps.

Can't find .gba in Set Default Apps.: I have gone to the Default Apps menu and click on the one that lets you set the apps by file type. I scrolled down to the G section and .gba (the type I'm trying to set) isn't there. I have tried going on Properties for what I'm trying to open, but when I choose the app...
  9. Windows Photo App - Can't find Files

Windows Photo App - Can't find Files: In the Photo app under video projects, it can't find any of the pictures/videos that were in the video project. Where is it looking? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-photo-app-cant-find-files/afef16ae-4a5a-4e34-85dd-09ea23577a66
  10. Can't set default app for .xml files

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't set default app for .xml files: I'm using Windows 10, version 1803. I'm trying to set Notepad++ as my default editor for .xml files, without success. I tried: - Open with ..., "Choose another app" and then check the "Always use the app to open .xml file" checkbox. It opens just once in Notepad++, but...