Windows 10: Can't find KB4534271 to download to fix missing Catalogs blocking Hyper-V installation

Discus and support Can't find KB4534271 to download to fix missing Catalogs blocking Hyper-V installation in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have been using SFC and DISM to make sure my server has completely correctly setup and now, after many runs and reruns, find it is still missing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TheAndyMac, Feb 11, 2021.

1. Can't find KB4534271 to download to fix missing Catalogs blocking Hyper-V installation

I have been using SFC and DISM to make sure my server has completely correctly setup and now, after many runs and reruns, find it is still missing Catalogs for KB4534271 this seems to be a known issue from other posts about the issue of Hyper-V feature installs not working.

Although this KB is documented January 14, 2020—KB4534271 OS Build 14393.3443 microsoft.com it is not found in the Microsoft Update Catalog, even from the link on the KB documentation page https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB4534271

How can I get access to the MSU so that I used DISM to add the package back in to hopefully fix the Hyper-V install block?

I suspect it is also causing DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth to come back with the Error 14, as I have made sure that there is enough space 54GB and also used set the ScratchFolder to a disk with even more space 378GB just in case - in all these cases it comes back with Error 14.

:)

TheAndyMac, Feb 11, 2021

2. Hyper-V is missing

Hmm, I just ran the command in powershell: Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName Microsoft-Hyper-V -All

and it worked without a hitch and I didn't do anything.

Make sure you can even use hyper-V:

The Hyper-V role can be enabled on these versions of Windows 10:

Windows 10 Enterprise

Windows 10 Professional

Windows 10 Education

The Hyper-V role cannot be installed on:

Windows 10 Home

Windows 10 Mobile

Windows 10 Mobile Enterprise

Use the command "DISM /Online /Get-Feature" to see what features you can install and see if hyper-v exists on that list.

check windows version by typing winver in the start menu search or cortana search.

Download and install hyper-v:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/detail...

Requirements:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/virtualization...

Zackary Vanosdol, Feb 11, 2021
  3. Win10Pro, Hyper-V and missing files

I am aware that does not install Hyper-V, it was from me attempting to clear up the issue that was preventing me installing Hyper-V. The dism log when issuing the commands;

• DISM /Online /Enable-Feature /All /FeatureName:Microsoft-Hyper-V
    • DISM /Online /Enable-Feature /All /FeatureName:Microsoft-Hyper-V-All
    Show the exact same errors, so I was guessing were rooted in the same cause.

StuartEagles, Feb 11, 2021
  4. Can't find KB4534271 to download to fix missing Catalogs blocking Hyper-V installation

Hyper V deativication

Hi Geoffrey,

Hyper-V lets you run an operating system or computer system as a virtual machine on Windows. Before proceeding in disabling
    Hyper-V, please create a backup of your files for security purposes.

To disable Hyper-V, please follow the steps below:

• On the Cortana search box, type Turn Windows Features on or off and press
      Enter.
    • Look for the Hyper-V folder.
    • Uncheck the tick-box next to the main Hyper-V folder and click
      OK.
    • Restart your PC.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Feb 11, 2021
Thema:

Can't find KB4534271 to download to fix missing Catalogs blocking Hyper-V installation

1. Can't find KB4534271 to download to fix missing Catalogs blocking Hyper-V installation - Similar Threads - Can't find KB4534271

2. Hyper-V cluster is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V cluster is missing: The Virtual Machine Management Service failed to setup the listen socket for Virtual Machine migration connections for address '20.20.20.38': The requested address is not valid in its context. 0x80072741....
  3. Hyper-V cluster is missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hyper-V cluster is missing: The Virtual Machine Management Service failed to setup the listen socket for Virtual Machine migration connections for address '20.20.20.38': The requested address is not valid in its context. 0x80072741....
  4. Hyper v missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper v missing: I have been using hyper v for a bit now, and still have the hyper v files installed and it is enabled on "Turn windows feature on or off", but I can not find it when I search for the program after the latest windows update. Again, I have been using hyper v just fine but now I...
  5. Hyper v missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hyper v missing: I have been using hyper v for a bit now, and still have the hyper v files installed and it is enabled on "Turn windows feature on or off", but I can not find it when I search for the program after the latest windows update. Again, I have been using hyper v just fine but now I...
  6. Hyper v missing

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Hyper-V missing

Hyper-V missing: [IMG] Can anyone tell how to do this? here is the link https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4052082/hyper-v-cannot-start-vm-after-you-upgrade-to-windows-10...
  8. Hyper-V is missing

Hyper-V is missing: [IMG] I'm unable to install/enable Hyper-V on my laptop after recent Windows 10 update 1709. Its missing everywhere in my laptop. I've tried almost everything. I also opened the group policy editor and in that also the 'Device Credential' option is missing. I've also...
  9. Hyper-V Hypervisor not running - can't remove Hyper-V feature

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V Hypervisor not running - can't remove Hyper-V feature: I am using Windows 10 Insider Preview 11082 (upgraded from Windows 1151 fully updated. I had installed the Hyper-V feature in the latest Windows 1151 but had not used it before I received and installer the Insider Preview edition. The Hyper-V Manager was configured OK...
  10. Clean install 15014 in hyper-v

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Clean install 15014 in hyper-v: I have created an iso using the uup to iso tutorial and it works fine to upgrade existing VMs, setting iso as a dvd. I am trying to clean install it in hyper-v overwriting an existing vm (do not want to change existing vm id) and have set it as a dvd, and changed boot...