Windows 10: Can't find misplaced folders section in OneNote

Discus and support Can't find misplaced folders section in OneNote in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I tried to resolve a synchronizing problem, so I closed notebooks and OneNote. I had several notes in a misplaced notes sections before closing a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SakshamCruise, May 9, 2019.

1. Can't find misplaced folders section in OneNote

I tried to resolve a synchronizing problem, so I closed notebooks and OneNote. I had several notes in a misplaced notes sections before closing a Notebook. But when I add the notebook back, all of the misplaced notes disappeared. I cannot find them anywhere​

:)

SakshamCruise, May 9, 2019
  2. Junaid_A Win User

OneNote for Windows 10. Can't find misplaced folders section

Hi Merlin,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forums.

Misplaced sections appear in a notebook when OneNote tries to sync changes to a notebook section, but can't find the section file. Misplaced sections will stay in the shared notebook until OneNote finds the new location of the section,
    or until you or someone else moves or deletes the misplaced section.

If you haven’t deleted or moved, I suggest you to try the notes recovery methods you’ve missed out on, suggested in the article
    Find my lost notes, and check
    if it helps.

Regards,

Junaid_A, May 9, 2019
  3. OneNote for Windows 10. Can't find misplaced folders section

I followed instructions to solve a synchronizing problem. Closed notebooks then closed OneNote. When closing a Notebook there were several notes in a misplaced notes section. After adding back the notebook all of the misplaced notes were gone. They
    are not in deleted files or in recycle bin and I cannot fine them in OneNote online.

Merlin_SMS, May 9, 2019
  4. Can't find misplaced folders section in OneNote

Recover misplaced section

Hi,

I had some weird sync issues with OneNote mobile and desktop. What happened was that any new note I created on my phone would not sync to desktop but instead be placed in a "misplaced section" in OneNote mobile. I accidentally deleted this section without
    realizing that the note had not sync'ed with my OneNote desktop. Now that note is gone.

Is it at all possible to recover a "misplaced section" in OneNote mobile on Windows Phone? Thanks.

renster721, May 9, 2019
Thema:

Can't find misplaced folders section in OneNote

1. Can't find misplaced folders section in OneNote - Similar Threads - Can't find misplaced

2. Misplaced Error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Misplaced Error: I randomly get several instances ~20 of a "device phone has either disconnected or stopped responding", but I do not have my phone plugged in at all, the notifications come from nowhere....
  3. Can't find folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't find folder: I use Robocopy to back files every night and the log file says there is an extra folder on the USB stick which is neither visible or hidden and when I try to access it (J:\Recovery via remote desktop) it says access denied, does anyone have any idea what is going on?...
  4. OneNote 2010 notebook sections not open

in Microsoft Office and 365
    OneNote 2010 notebook sections not open: Windows 10 version 1909. I have been using the desktop app of OneNote 2010 with no issues until suddenly last week when logging in - using MS account credentials as always before - all pages are no longer visible and "There are no sections open in this notebook or section...
  5. Desktop folder misplaced

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop folder misplaced: I had my desktop synced to my OneDrive folder, along with documents pictures and videos, and needed to move them back to the original location. In the process I have lost my desktop folder. It is now the highest level folder on my computer, with my pc, and OneDrive folders...
  6. OneNote deleted section with password recovery

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneNote deleted section with password recovery: Hello, Is there any way where I can recover my lost password-protected OneNote section? I tried going into the deleted note bin but couldn't find it there. I don't think that it is permanently deleted as it did not reach the 2 month period yet. I was able to recover another...
  7. OneNote for Windows 10. Can't find misplaced folders section

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneNote for Windows 10. Can't find misplaced folders section: I followed instructions to solve a synchronizing problem. Closed notebooks then closed OneNote. When closing a Notebook there were several notes in a misplaced notes section. After adding back the notebook all of the misplaced notes were gone. They are not in deleted...
  8. Misplaced hidden library folders in Documents folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    Misplaced hidden library folders in Documents folder?: Hello When unchecking the "Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)" and selecting "Show hidden folders, files and drives" in the Folder Options, I can see My Music, My Pictures and My videos library folders appearing in my Documents folder. I have Windows 10 Pro...
  9. Access to A Misplaced WindowsApps System Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Access to A Misplaced WindowsApps System Folder: After Win 10 Anniversary Update installed I experienced a continuous BSOD. When Dell tech support could not ascertain the cause, I was advised to reformat my C: partition and reinstall Windows. The initial re installation (by Dell) apparently failed to locate & install the...
  10. Misplaced My Docs folder of pictures.

in Windows 10 Support
    Misplaced My Docs folder of pictures.: Upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 yesterday [free update]. Checked my Docs containing my phot folders. Last one being Plant Pathology. Folder is missing. It's taken me months building this folder. In the Start area, I recognized one of the missing pics, displayed as a tile. Did...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. locating misplaced files on OneNote

2. one note for windows misplaced file location

3. find onenote misplaced sections location