Windows 10: Can't find Mobile hotspot/ projecting to this pc in settings after may 2019 update

Discus and support Can't find Mobile hotspot/ projecting to this pc in settings after may 2019 update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; While using the windows 10 latest 2018 update, I had mobile hotspot and projecting to this pc, but after the update I couldn't even install the graphic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by THE3DXM, Sep 25, 2019.

1. THE3DXM Win User

Can't find Mobile hotspot/ projecting to this pc in settings after may 2019 update

While using the windows 10 latest 2018 update, I had mobile hotspot and projecting to this pc, but after the update I couldn't even install the graphic cards drivers and the mobile hotspot and projecting to this pc went missing, when I run the command netsh wlan show drivers it says :

Interface name: Wi-Fi

Driver : Realtek RTL8723DE 802.11b/g/n PCIe Adapter

Vendor : Realtek Semiconductor Corp.

Provider : Realtek Semiconductor Corp.

Date : 7/25/2019

Version : 2024.0.10.105

INF file : C:\Windows\INF\oem14.inf

Files : 3 total

C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\rtwlane.sys

C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\rtldata.txt

C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\vwifibus.sys

Type : Native Wi-Fi Driver

Radio types supported : 802.11n 802.11g 802.11b

FIPS 140-2 mode supported : Yes

802.11w Management Frame Protection supported : Yes

Hosted network supported : No

Authentication and cipher supported in infrastructure mode:

Open None

WPA2-Personal CCMP

Open WEP-40bit

Open WEP-104bit

Open WEP

WPA-Enterprise TKIP

WPA-Personal TKIP

WPA2-Enterprise TKIP

WPA2-Personal TKIP

WPA-Enterprise CCMP

WPA-Personal CCMP

WPA2-Enterprise CCMP

Unknown CCMP

Vendor defined TKIP

Vendor defined CCMP

Vendor defined Vendor defined

WPA2-Enterprise Vendor defined

WPA2-Enterprise Vendor defined

IHV service present : Yes

IHV adapter OUI : [00 e0 4c], type: [00]

IHV extensibility DLL path: C:\Windows\system32\Rtlihvs.dll

IHV UI extensibility ClSID: {6c2a8cca-b2a2-4d81-a3b2-4e15f445c312}

IHV diagnostics CLSID : {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}

Wireless Display Supported: No (Graphics Driver: No, Wi-Fi Driver: Yes)

:)

THE3DXM, Sep 25, 2019

2. mobile hotspot settings on my laptop

Hi,

It looks like the Mobile Hotspot feature of your Windows 10 PC has been enabled. To turn this feature off, follow the steps below:

• Right-click the Windows key and click Settings.
    • Select Network & Internet.
    • Click Mobile Hotspot, then toggle it OFF.

Feel free to update us should you need further assistance.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Sep 25, 2019
  3. Mobile Hotspot

We appreciate that you have tried the suggested steps above. Have you tried to connect other devices to the mobile hotspot on your PC?

Since the issue is still the same, we suggest that you uninstall/reinstall the network adapter driver and check if this will resolve the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager

• Locate for Network adaptor and click on it expand it.

• Right click on the device and click on
      uninstall

• Once you are done uninstalling the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the generic network adapter driver.

We can also update the network adapter driver. Skip step 3 from the above steps and right click on the device and click on update.

Feel free to post back for any updates.

Jennifer Bri, Sep 25, 2019
  4. Can't find Mobile hotspot/ projecting to this pc in settings after may 2019 update

set up a mobile hotspot

MS Hotspot instructions - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4027762/windows-use-your-pc-as-a-mobile-hotspot

If this is your same problem - We can't set up mobile hotspot error on Windows 10 [QUICK GUIDE] then there are a few suggestions in
    the article to check, and see if steps 1-6 help. ( NOTE: Do NOT download anything from the page, just read the article and try its suggestions out. It has adverts and links for 'PC Repair tool' and 'Tweakbit' etc which is not applicable
    in your case. Just read and try its suggestions).

George222(2), Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

Can't find Mobile hotspot/ projecting to this pc in settings after may 2019 update

1. Can't find Mobile hotspot/ projecting to this pc in settings after may 2019 update - Similar Threads - Can't find Mobile

2. Can't find mobile hotspot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't find mobile hotspot: So here is the thing when I press the network icon, only airplane mode shows up. I can't find mobile hotspot or WiFi anywhere. I can open up the settings and turn on mobile hotspot from there, but there is no name or password option below it, so it doesn't show up on my...
  3. Can't find mobile hotspot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't find mobile hotspot: So here is the thing when I press the network icon, only airplane mode shows up. I can't find mobile hotspot or WiFi anywhere. I can open up the settings and turn on mobile hotspot from there, but there is no name or password option below it, so it doesn't show up on my...
  4. Can't find mobile hotspot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. mobile hotspot setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mobile hotspot setting: Hello, my asus' mobile hotspots can't connect to other device. even the IP Address and etc is correct. can you help me for this case? I have already reset my network in cmd and others but this system always can't sharing my internet network by mobile hotspot to other device...
  6. Can't set up mobile hotspot.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't set up mobile hotspot.: LAN Internet connection perfectly running but mobile hotspot cant switch on.... when try to switch on 'share connection with other devices tab' show cant set up mobile hotspot. pliz advise....
  7. Can't set up mobile hotspot.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't set up mobile hotspot.: LAN Internet connection perfectly running but mobile hotspot cant switch on.... when try to switch on 'share connection with other devices tab' show cant set up mobile hotspot. pliz advise....
  8. Can't set up mobile hotspot.

9. Projecting to this PC with Mobile Hotspot turned on ?

Projecting to this PC with Mobile Hotspot turned on ?: Hi. I'm on Windows 10 Pro version 1909 trying to cast my Android phone to Windows 10 with Mobile Hotspot turned on. The phone is connected to the internet with Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot, but the screen cast is only is working when Mobile Hotspot is turned off. Is there a...
  10. Can't Set Up Mobile Hotspot

Can't Set Up Mobile Hotspot: I have Windows 10. And I have a good network connection with good internet. But my laptop does not set up mobile hotspot. It says "We can't set up mobile hotspot." . I am facing this problem from January, 2019. Please HELP me....