Windows 10: Can't Find My 4X Wireless router in Available Networks.

Discus and support Can't Find My 4X Wireless router in Available Networks. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I got a Netgear 4X router today and my Dell Inspirion 5567 laptop cannot find it. It's nowhere on the list of available networks. I talked to Netgear... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TomParrott, May 5, 2019.

1. Can't Find My 4X Wireless router in Available Networks.

I got a Netgear 4X router today and my Dell Inspirion 5567 laptop cannot find it. It's nowhere on the list of available networks. I talked to Netgear tech support and they said that my Network Adaptor Software needs updated. This seems reasonable but I can't find how to do it. DOes this seem correct and if so, how do i update the network adapter driver?

Many thanks!

:)

TomParrott, May 5, 2019
  2. Gino Des Win User

wireless conection to router

Hi,

To better assist you, we would like to know the following information:

• Are you able to see the router's name in the wireless networks list?
    • Are you able to connect to the router but unable to connect to the Internet?
    • Do you receive any error message when connecting to the router? If yes, what is the exact error message that you receive?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the Network troubleshooter. The Network troubleshooter can help diagnose and fix common connection problems. Kindly follow the steps below:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Network troubleshooter, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

If the issue persists, kindly try the troubleshooting steps on the following link:

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10

We recommend that you try the steps on the Update the network adapter driver,
    Run the Network troubleshooter followed by networking commands,
    Temporarily turn off firewalls
    and Use network reset to reinstall network devices sections.

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, May 5, 2019
  3. CLee9 Win User
    "WiFi- Show Available Networks" does not list wireless routers anymore

Happy New Year!

I upgraded my Lenovo Z500 Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. I was able to see list of available wifi networks and hotspots for a couple of months. However, after Windows 10's latest patch/update around Dec 20th 2016, my "WiFi- Show Available Networks" does not
    list wireless routers anymore.

My WIFI still connects to exiting wireless routers that it had been using for past year. However it will not allow me to list wireless networks in new locations such as Starbucks coffee shops. Since windows 10 does not list them, I am not able to connect.

I bought a USB dongle wireless adapter, but it did not work - Windows 10 still does not show list of available networks. (USB dongle worked on my other Windows 10 laptop {a Lenovo Edge 15} - it displays list of wireless networks).

I tried to compare Proxy and other settings between this Z500 and my Edge 15 - I do not see any differences except they use different network adaptors.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled driver from Lenovo for my wireless adapter.

I have over 20 years experience programming in Windows DOS and VB scripts. I have build windows PC for myself.

I've tried following steps here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3084164

and here:

computer will not list available wireless networks

but neither worked for me.

I don't see registry entry for any VPN

I've turned off Norton firewall and even uninstalled all anti virus software - still faced same issue.

I'm ready to switch to Apple Mac!!

Any other ideas?

CLee9, May 5, 2019
  4. Can't Find My 4X Wireless router in Available Networks.

Wireless Network

Thanks for trying the steps again. It's now clear that the problem is on your router. To reconnect your laptop to the network, we suggest that you set or specify the channel of your wireless network. If you can access your router's user interface, set the
    channel to either channel 1, 6, or 11. Once done, remove your WiFi network from your preferred network list, then reconnect.

Let us know the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, May 5, 2019
Thema:

Can't Find My 4X Wireless router in Available Networks.

1. Can't Find My 4X Wireless router in Available Networks. - Similar Threads - Can't Find Wireless

2. Surface device finds available wireless network but won’t connect

in Windows 10 News
    Surface device finds available wireless network but won’t connect: [ATTACH]If you are experiencing the issue whereby your Surface device finds available wireless network but won’t connect, then this post is intended to help you. In this post, we will offer the most suitable solutions you can try to successfully resolve this issue. Surface...
  3. Need help to restore my "wifi" routers as available networks.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need help to restore my "wifi" routers as available networks.: Help........ I did a Windows 10 update today and the option for "wifi" on my computer is gone. My "wifi" routers are fine and every other device in the household is working and connecting just fine. I have already rebooted everything. It's not that. I have reinstalled...
  4. Wireless network card can't find WiFi networks

Wireless network card can't find WiFi networks: Hi! I own a MS Surface Pro 3. It has a built in Marvell Wireless network card. Suddenly it stopped being able to find available networks. I tried connecting a Wireless USB-adapter, and it finds all the networks here. So how can I fix the built-in network card? I have...
  5. Laptop cannot find Netgear wireless router

Laptop cannot find Netgear wireless router: Netgear Nighthawk wireless connection does not show up in wireless network list. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-cannot-find-netgear-wireless-router/85ce8ccf-fbab-4d7a-945f-06fa190d937c
  6. Can't connect with wireless router

Can't connect with wireless router: From one of my Windows 10 PC's I'm not able to connect anymore with my wireless router which connect with the Internet. Until a few hours ago this connection worked just fine. I doesn't seem to be a problem with the wireless router since 2 of my other PC's(also running...
  7. Can't get full wireless speeds on my new router

Can't get full wireless speeds on my new router: Hello and I need help. This is my 1st wireless router, called Linksys EA-9300 AC which is wireless connected to my new HP PC which also has AC. I have 300 mb service in both up and down and cannot achieve the top speeds in any direction. The most that I can get is 220-250 up...
  8. Can't get full wireless speeds on my new router

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't get full wireless speeds on my new router: Hello and I need help. This is my 1st wireless router, called Linksys EA-9300 AC which is wireless connected to my new HP PC. I have 300 mb service in both up and down and cannot achieve the top speeds in any direction. The most that I can get is 220-250 up and down. I paid...
  9. Can't display list of available wireless networks

Can't display list of available wireless networks: No error given, it just does nothing when i click on the internet access icon. I checked through the network diagnostics and i can see the name, signal strength etc of assorted wifi routers on this street being given correctly, so presumably hardware is fine and driver is...
  10. Can't see available wireless networks or Wi-Fi settings

Can't see available wireless networks or Wi-Fi settings: I did a clean install of Windows 10 a couple weeks ago, but since then my computer won't show available wireless networks and I also don't have the "Wi-Fi" tab under settings. My computer connects to my home wi-fi just fine (I'm using it to post this), so I know there is...