Windows 10: cant find my d drive in disk management

Discus and support cant find my d drive in disk management in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I cant find my d drive in disk management. I got a pop up saying the disk has been ejected . How can I get it back? Thanks, Vikas... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by vikasyadav7, Apr 6, 2019.

1. cant find my d drive in disk management

I cant find my d drive in disk management.

I got a pop up saying the disk has been ejected .

How can I get it back?

Thanks,

Vikas

:)

vikasyadav7, Apr 6, 2019

2. Cannot access D drive since upgrading to Windows 10.

Hello Judy,

Thank you for replying quickly with the status of the issue.

Please reply to few more questions:

• Is the D: drive located on the same hard disk or on different hard disk?

• Did you have any important data saved on the
      D:
      drive?

If the D: is saved on another hard disk and you are unable to access it, I suggest you to format the drive completely and check if the issue is resolved.

To format the hard disk, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Disk management option.

• Right click on the D: drive and select
      Format option.

• Wait for the formatting to complete and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of the issue for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Apr 6, 2019
  3. Disk Management

Hi Keith,

Thanks for providing the detail that was requested previously. Since the disk management screen that you saw is showing greyed out options, we suggest that you follow the steps below to change the partition type of your internal drive:

• Open Disk Management then right click the partition on the disk you want to covert and select Delete Volume.
    • Once you complete the process you will see the whole disk shown as two separate unallocated spaces. Right-click the disk and select Convert to GPT disk.

After the conversion, you will be able to use the whole disk and then you can create new separate partitions.

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Apr 6, 2019
  4. cant find my d drive in disk management

"D" drive is full on HP B&O with Win 10

Hello,

Based on the information you've provided, we understand that you're unable to access D: drive on your computer and would like to delete some files. For us to assist you better with this concern, kindly answer the following questions:

• Which D: drive are you referring to, internal or external drive?
    • What happens when you try to open D: drive, do you get any error message/error code?
    • If yes, would you please mention the error message/error code in the response post?
    • By the way, when did you start noticing this issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest checking if you are able to open the drive through Disk management by following the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select Disk management option.

• Right click on the drive which is inaccessible and select Open option.

• Check if the changes are effective.

We're looking forward to your response.

Michelle Vil, Apr 6, 2019
Thema:

cant find my d drive in disk management

1. cant find my d drive in disk management - Similar Threads - cant find drive

2. cant find D drive windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant find D drive windows 11: Hi,I had to buy a new printer and as I installed it, I noticed my D drive missing. I can't find it and it took a few folders of photos and documents that I need for work. How do I recoup my files? Thank you,Valerie...
  3. cant find D drive windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cant find D drive windows 11: Hi,I had to buy a new printer and as I installed it, I noticed my D drive missing. I can't find it and it took a few folders of photos and documents that I need for work. How do I recoup my files? Thank you,Valerie...
  4. Where is my Disk drive d it's not in my disk management

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is my Disk drive d it's not in my disk management: I've been having trouble finding my disk drive d because if I'm not mistaken you are supposed to start with 2 disk drives c and d help as soon as you can...
  5. Where is my Disk drive d it's not in my disk management

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where is my Disk drive d it's not in my disk management: I've been having trouble finding my disk drive d because if I'm not mistaken you are supposed to start with 2 disk drives c and d help as soon as you can...
  6. Where is my Disk drive d it's not in my disk management

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. C: and D: drive/Disk management

C: and D: drive/Disk management: Hi, I am having problems with my C: and D: drives. I know little about computers, and I've been trying to solve this on my own for 2 days now. I want to merge C: drive 222 GB using D: drive 1.81 TB, but the problem is that C: is on Disk 1 while D: is on Disk 0. I don't think...
  8. cant find d drive

cant find d drive: i used to be able to see d drive but after a format of the pc it disapeared it reapeared a few days later then dissapeared again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-d-drive/afa26e61-4acc-4ce0-a4de-c9fe4def06dc
  9. Importing D Drive into C Drive -- Disk Management

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Importing D Drive into C Drive -- Disk Management: Greetings Folks, Dang I tried to answer this without bothering you. Watched a bunch of YouTube vids but no one had my situation. [img] This PC shipped with a D drive partition on the C drive. I turned it into unallocated space but when I right click my C to import that...
  10. all of sudden the D: drive disappeared and I couldn't find it in the Disk management

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    all of sudden the D: drive disappeared and I couldn't find it in the Disk management: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/tuttus92 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eq2jzu/all_of_sudden_the_d_drive_disappeared_and_i/