Windows 10: Can’t Find My Document Files

Discus and support Can’t Find My Document Files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I’m running Windows 10 on an HP computer. The computer’s motherboard failed this past week, and I’m trying to recover files from the hard drive. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RonaldCharest, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Can’t Find My Document Files

I’m running Windows 10 on an HP computer. The computer’s motherboard failed this past week, and I’m trying to recover files from the hard drive.

I don’t use OneDrive and I’ve defeated it by simply not logging into OneDrive when I log onto the computer.

when i access my old hard drive through an adapter, I cannot find any of my files located in the Documents directory. Does this have something to do with the local OneDrive app? Is there a way to recover them?

Thanks

:)

RonaldCharest, Mar 28, 2020
  2. John Fer Win User

documents

Hi Richard,

To sort your documents in your File Explorer by date, we suggest following the steps below:

• Type File Explorer in Cortana search box to open File Explorer.
    • Go to the folder that you want to sort.
    • Click on View that is located on the top part of the window.
    • Click on Sort by.
    • Choose Date.

Your files should be sorted by date with this option.

Let us know if this works for you.

John Fer, Mar 28, 2020
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    documents files and folders

Hi Paul,

For better assistance, we'd like to ask the following:

• What were the steps you've tried to reverse the alphabetization of files and folder name?
    • Can you provide us a sample screenshot of the issue?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Mar 28, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Can’t Find My Document Files

Burn files and documents to the computers DVD recorder

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check fi t helps

• Press Windows + x, and select Control panel.

• Select Auto play.

• Under DVD select Blank DVD.

• Click on Chose a Default.

• Select Burn file to Disk File Explorer.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Mar 28, 2020
Thema:

Can’t Find My Document Files

1. Can’t Find My Document Files - Similar Threads - Can’t Find Document

2. Finding deleted files - Documents folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Finding deleted files - Documents folder: Hi.So I was making space on my harddrive yesterday. In doing so I found there was 30gb of stuff on my harddrive that I think was linked to an old work OneDrive account that I couldn't delete, even when I de selected 'read only'. So in trying to clean up the drive, I appear to...
  3. Finding deleted files - Documents folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Finding deleted files - Documents folder: Hi.So I was making space on my harddrive yesterday. In doing so I found there was 30gb of stuff on my harddrive that I think was linked to an old work OneDrive account that I couldn't delete, even when I de selected 'read only'. So in trying to clean up the drive, I appear to...
  4. I can't find a document in my files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't find a document in my files: I can't find a document in my files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-find-a-document-in-my-files/39d7088c-40a6-403e-b6a5-76b390a5f484
  5. I can't find a document in my files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't find a document in my files: I can't find a document in my files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-find-a-document-in-my-files/39d7088c-40a6-403e-b6a5-76b390a5f484
  6. can not find files in downloads and my document s on my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can not find files in downloads and my document s on my PC: It seems that I have lost my files and folders in downloads and documents after an update of windows 10. Do nay one Know how can i recover them ?Thank youBest...
  7. can not find files in downloads and my document s on my PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    can not find files in downloads and my document s on my PC: It seems that I have lost my files and folders in downloads and documents after an update of windows 10. Do nay one Know how can i recover them ?Thank youBest...
  8. i can’t find trojan file location

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    i can’t find trojan file location: so i have under the protection history a threat called HackTool:Win32/AutoKMS. and on top of it is written threat removed or restored. i tried searching for the file location to delete it (C:\WINDOWS\system32\SppExtComObjPatcher.exe) but i can’t seem to find it under this...
  9. File explorer can’t find file

in Cortana
    File explorer can’t find file: I do a search in file explorer. It can’t find a file called “crystaldiskinfo”. I search “in” or “disk” or “info”. Tried it on my MacBook. Works fine. Why is windows 10 search so useless....
  10. Windows can’t find one of the files in this theme

in Windows 10 News
    Windows can’t find one of the files in this theme: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Many users have reported an error on their systems – Windows can’t find one of the files in this theme. This error occurs randomly, and users mentioned that they made no changes to the system’s theme before encountering the error. [...] This post Windows...