Windows 10: Can't find my main hard drive on Indexing Options

Discus and support Can't find my main hard drive on Indexing Options in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I tried searching for a file on my computer and whenever I clicked on it, it just took me to This PC. I then looked at my Indexing Options and only my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JoshuaSay, Nov 21, 2018.

1. JoshuaSay Win User

Can't find my main hard drive on Indexing Options

I tried searching for a file on my computer and whenever I clicked on it, it just took me to This PC. I then looked at my Indexing Options and only my second disk and Internet Explorer History were there. I clicked on Modify and still couldn't find my main hard drive. I then went on Advanced and tried to rebuild the index, but that too, isn't working. Could someone help me out here? Thanks.

:)

JoshuaSay, Nov 21, 2018

2. External hard drive indexing information lost

Hi,

It would be great if you can provide me with this information for a better understanding.

1. Did you add the external hard drive to the list of locations to be indexed from the Indexing Options?

2. By mentioning “it's registered as an indexed location” do you mean that you have already done this?

If you haven’t added the external hard disk in the Indexing Options, then I would suggest you to follow these instructions and let’s know the result.

a) Press “windows Logo” + “W” keys on the keyboard to display the “Settings” search bar.

b) Type “Indexing Options” in that search box and press “Enter” key on the keyboard.

c) In the “Indexing Options” window, click on “Modify” button.

d) Under “Change selected locations”, select the external hard disk and add it to the indexing location list.

e) If you are unable to find the hard disk drive in that list, then click on “Show all locations” and check if the hard disk is shown up there.

f) Click on “Ok” and then click on “Close”.

Please let me know, if that helps.

You may now check if the issue still happens or not. If the issue persists, you may get back to us with more information about the issue.

Kind Regards:

Engr. Malik Yasir

MALIK YASIRNAWAZ, Nov 21, 2018
  3. David Haz Win User
    Unable to make changes in Indexing Options

Hello,

We suggest to run the Search and Indexing Troubleshooter and check if it helps with the indexing issue you are experiencing.

Here's how you may run the Search and Indexing Troubleshooter:

• Press the Windows key + X, and then click
      Control Panel
    • Type Troubleshooting, and then click View all.
    • Click Search and Indexing.
    • Follow the steps provided by the troubleshooter.

Tell us how it goes.

Regards.

David Haz, Nov 21, 2018
  4. Xylee Del Win User

hard drive full, but can<t find the item to erase

Windows 10 has the option to change the storage location. We suggest that you change the storage location so you can still use your hard drive instead of using the SSD. Kindly follow the steps below on how to change the storage location:

• On the Search bar, type in storage and select the top most result.
    • On the Storage screen, change the location of each options to your desired hard drive. The files will now be saved on the specific hard drive.

Can't find my main hard drive on Indexing Options 47d2da23-d12c-4708-9637-ccc0766a4909.png

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Xylee Del, Nov 21, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't find my main hard drive on Indexing Options - Similar Threads - Can't find main

2. Can't find main 1TB Hard-drive in 'This PC.'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't find main 1TB Hard-drive in 'This PC.': Hi, for context I am looking to install a game onto my pc, but it automatically goes onto my SSD rather than the main 1TB drive, and when I tried to move it, it does not show in This PC where it usually would.Do you have any idea how I could fix this?...
  3. Can't find main 1TB Hard-drive in 'This PC.'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't find main 1TB Hard-drive in 'This PC.': Hi, for context I am looking to install a game onto my pc, but it automatically goes onto my SSD rather than the main 1TB drive, and when I tried to move it, it does not show in This PC where it usually would.Do you have any idea how I could fix this?...
  4. Finding my hard drives

Finding my hard drives: The June MS updates crashed my Windows 10 and I couldn't find any way to recover it, so I had to reinstall Windows. I had two multi-TB physical drives with multiple partitions each. I had 2 system partitions for Windows and a backup Windows, a huge data partition, and a data...
  5. Can't find C:/ drive on hard drive

Can't find C:/ drive on hard drive: My Asus Vivobook was damaged and I can't turn it on anymore. I took out the hard drive and connected it with a SATA cable to my new computer. Unfortunately none of the C:/ drive files windows etc are here, only D:/ drive. Where are the C:/ files stored physically in the...
  6. Can't find C:/ drive on hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't find C:/ drive on hard drive: My Asus Vivobook was damaged and I can't turn it on anymore. I took out the hard drive and connected it with a SATA cable to my new computer. Unfortunately none of the C:/ drive files windows etc are here, only D:/ drive. Where are the C:/ files stored physically in the...
  7. Can't find C:/ drive on hard drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Can't find internal hard drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't find internal hard drive: Recently, I have switched to pc from Xbox and I cannot find my hard drive to store games. I am new to pc so all I need to know is how to find it as if it was brand new. I can still access my ssd, but not my hard drive. The computer is the Dell G5 Tower if that helps...
  9. Can't Access Indexing Options

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't Access Indexing Options: I'm using a fairly old laptop (4th gen i7) running Windows 10 1903. For a while now, I've been unable to access any indexing options, such as through the control panel or the indexing troubleshooter. In the control panel, for example, the "Indexing Options Control Panel" does...
  10. can't find a networked hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can't find a networked hard drive: I have a hard drive connected to an apple airport router. I had this all set up last summer and it was working fine. I moved and I hooked it all back up and now my Windows 10 machine will not see the shared drive. Other MAC laptops can access it. I wasn't using this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows hard drive indexing

2. cannot find hard drive on indexing option

3. cant add drive to indexing