Windows 10: Can't find my resolution

Discus and support Can't find my resolution in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi My screen resolution is 1600x900 but Windows 10 can't find it It finds 1600x1200 but not 1600x900 If there's solved topic, please add link,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by newin10, Apr 20, 2016.

1. newin10 Win User

Can't find my resolution

Hi

My screen resolution is 1600x900 but Windows 10 can't find it
    It finds 1600x1200 but not 1600x900

If there's solved topic, please add link, so you don't waste your time here.

Thanks

:)

newin10, Apr 20, 2016
  2. NathanXQ Win User

Can't find default monitor resolution?

So I opened up a game and my 2nd monitor got all squished. I closed the game to go to Display Settings and my default monitor resolution (1920 x 1080) isn't there. The highest is 1600 x 1200. Here is a screenshot:
    Can't find my resolution [​IMG]

NathanXQ, Apr 20, 2016
  3. 'RickT Win User
    Can't find default monitor resolution?

Have you checked to see what Monitor driver is installed, in Device Manager ?

'RickT, Apr 20, 2016
  4. newin10 Win User

Can't find my resolution

I try to open Nvidia Control Panel, but it won't open, i can see in process explorer that process starting but then it dissapears, if i right click on desktop can't find Nvidia control panel, and it takes 10-15 to right click to open.

newin10, Apr 20, 2016
  5. pyramid10 Win User
    How recent was this PC upgraded to Win10?

pyramid10, Apr 20, 2016
  6. newin10 Win User
    Hi

Just today, an hour ago or less.

newin10, Apr 20, 2016
  7. newin10 Win User
    I have downgraded back to windows 7 previous time because of this resolution problem, now upgraded again to see maybe it got fixed or something. but no *Sad

newin10, Apr 20, 2016
  8. newin10 Win User

Can't find my resolution

In Display adapters it shows Microsoft Basic Display Adapter, where can i get Nvidia One?

In Updates it's not picking any Nvidia updates.

newin10, Apr 20, 2016
  9. pyramid10 Win User
    Looking at the HP website for product specifications, there is no Nvidia card, just Intel Graphic Media Accelerator.

Looking at the drivers for Intel, the latest from HP 110-001ea Drivers Download for Windows 10, 8.1, 7, Vista, XP
    is dated June 11, 2014, at least a year before Win 10 was released.

So, first check to see if the drivers are version 10.18.10.3643.

If not, download and upgrade the drivers. WARNING: the above link was at the top of my duck duck go search. HP's own site sort of suggests there is very limited support beyond the original Win7/8 OS for this PC.

See under Device Manager/Display Adapters for the Intel Graphics model, and look at Intel's site for possible drivers. I have a feeling the driver installer, if any, will stop in its tracks to prevent catastrophe.

Windows Update is basically saying there aren't any, and there won't be any, authorized, and signed, updated graphics drivers for your PC. Any attempt on your part to install one is a gamble you have to be willing to take.

pyramid10, Apr 20, 2016
  10. newin10 Win User
    Oops forgot to update my specs, I'm not using 110-001 anymore, because motherboard died, my current PC runs AMD process and integrated NVIDIA drivers, i tried updating at nvidia's webpage but it returned that my driver is up-to-date

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/p...r_na-c01779667

newin10, Apr 20, 2016
  11. newin10 Win User
    Now that i googled my graphics cards, i read that other people with this card has same display problem, so looks like my card is not compatible with w10, gonna look for some way around it, or downgrade back to 7.

newin10, Apr 20, 2016
  12. If it is an Nvidia card, get the drivers from Nvidia.com. I'm confused why this wasn't your very first step after upgrading to 10, instead of actually rolling back to Windows 7.

I always prefer getting my video drivers from the course (Nvidia), and since Windows Update isn't bringing them to you, this is your only option. It's a simple process, and their website makes it very easy to pick the right drivers.

DeaconFrost, Apr 20, 2016
  13. RWOne Win User

Can't find my resolution

Too true.

Look, if you had the native resolution on win 7, then the card can support it.

It's the DRIVER.

My own HP DV7 will not get its native 1600x900 on what the "Latest" ATI driver MS pushes, I have to use an older one.

Install the win 7 driver for your system, and you'll get that back.

RWOne, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Can't find my resolution

1. Can't find my resolution - Similar Threads - Can't find resolution

2. I can't change my Display Resolution.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't change my Display Resolution.: Recently bought a laptop, a Aorus 15G KC to be exact. Had it under a week with no issues until today. Tried booting it up but it wouldn't start, after fiddling with the power button for about 5 minutes it booted but with a noticeably different refresh rate. Tried accessing...
  3. Can't find my printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't find my printer: I am trying to download a printer. Microsoft is not recognizing my sign in, but I am signed in already https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-my-printer/67a0e7f2-a58f-407c-a9e8-e9efa6d24bc2
  4. Help finding and adjusting resolution?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Help finding and adjusting resolution?: Hi, I'm using nvidia quadro 4000. My secondary monitor is an Emerson 32" LC320EM2, and I'm having a hard time finding the proper resolution for it. Online searching says its 720p resolution, but neither of the two provided 720p's are right. Another search result says...
  5. Help finding and adjusting resolution?

in Windows 10 Support
    Help finding and adjusting resolution?: Hi, I'm using nvidia quadro 4000. My secondary monitor is an Emerson 32" LC320EM2, and I'm having a hard time finding the proper resolution for it. Online searching says its 720p resolution, but neither of the two provided 720p's are right. Another search result says...
  6. Can't change screen resolution of my laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't change screen resolution of my laptop: I am not able change screen resolution of the laptop which has windows 10 and I am facing this issue after windows 10 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-change-screen-resolution-of-my-laptop/9b6b2c84-81c1-47f4-87a7-564827c774e7
  7. Can't use my monitor at 3440x1440 resolution

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't use my monitor at 3440x1440 resolution: Hi, I am not been able to use my new monitor or windows recommended resolution i.e. 3440x1400 refer attached image. Every time I select the recommend resolution I got an error "Input not Supported" The onboard graphics card I am having is Intel HD Graphics 530...
  8. Can't change resolution

Can't change resolution: Hey so i recently got and built my pc but my acer 75hz freesync monitor wont turn on when i turn on my pc ive tried hdmi cord and vga cord still wont work but other lower resolution monitors work but im not able to play any games cause how bad the frame rate is ect and it...
  9. I can't make my resolution higher

I can't make my resolution higher: I want everything on my laptop to be smaller. So I opened settings and went to the Resolution settings, and it wouldn't let me go any higher! I tried Control Panel but couldn't find resolution settings. How can I make it higher?...
  10. Can't find my wifi?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't find my wifi?: I have 2 wifi : FIOS-LIPT8 & FIOS-LIPT8-5G. I have connected to both of them, but recently I can only connect to FIOS-LIPT8. The other wifi does not show up on the available list of networks. I was wondering how I can access FIOS-LIPT8-5G....