Windows 10: Can't find my user name in windows

Discus and support Can't find my user name in windows in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Since the last windows or Edge update, when I log into windows, I am not shown the user Randall desktop, but some generic desktop which does not know... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RandallRipley, Mar 11, 2021.

1. Can't find my user name in windows

Since the last windows or Edge update, when I log into windows, I am not shown the user Randall desktop, but some generic desktop which does not know any of my app settings. How can I log in so windows knows that I am user Randall? My wife's account did not have any problem with the last update.

:)

RandallRipley, Mar 11, 2021

2. How to change User name on Windows 10

Hi Davit,

I will certainly help you in changing the User name on Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the User name:

• Press Windows logo + R keys to open the run command, type
      netplwiz
      and click on Ok.
    • On the Users tab, click on Properties to change the user name and then click on
      Apply.
    Kindly get back to us for any further assistance on Windows 10. We will be glad to help.

Thank you.

Sudeep Aprameyan, Mar 11, 2021
  3. Change the user name in Windows 10

Hi Rick,

Thank you for writing us back.

Are both the accounts are admin account?

I would suggest you to go through the below steps:

Steps: To determine the user account type:

• Login to any account.

• Press Windows key+X.

• Click on Control Panel.

• Click on User accounts.

• Your user account will show and below that it will show your local account or admin account.

• Once you know about the account type.

• You can go to user account and change the name.

• Press Windows key+R.

• Type netplwiz and press enter.

• Select the account and click on properties.

• Change the user name and click on apply and then ok and one more time click on ok on the main screen.

• Reboot the computer and check if it helps

I hope this helps. Please post back with the status of the issue and we will be glad to assist you further.

Shubham Chaubey, Mar 11, 2021
  4. Can't find my user name in windows

user name change

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you are facing some issues using Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check if that helps.

• Press Windows + X key.

• Click on control panel.

• Click on user accounts.

• Click on change your account name.
    Change the name as per your according and restart the computer.

Hope this information helps. Please let us know if you need any other assistance with Windows in future. We will be happy to assist you.

Mayank Gupta10, Mar 11, 2021
Thema:

Can't find my user name in windows

1. Can't find my user name in windows - Similar Threads - Can't find user

2. I can't change my user name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't change my user name: I'm the administrator for my PC and yet when I go to "User Accounts" and select my profile there is nothing in the place that should read "Change User Name." I can't change my user name on this PC. It's set on "User" after reinstalling Windows and it shows my Microsoft...
  3. I can't change my user name

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't change my user name: I'm the administrator for my PC and yet when I go to "User Accounts" and select my profile there is nothing in the place that should read "Change User Name." I can't change my user name on this PC. It's set on "User" after reinstalling Windows and it shows my Microsoft...
  4. How to find acoount user name for my laptop?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to find acoount user name for my laptop?: Problem is: Microsoft forced to create some Microsoft account after some W10 update. Because user of the PC is not so powerful at IT, so he created any "do not care" account and forget about it. After some time PC started with bitlocker blue screen. User definitely do not...
  5. How to find acoount user name for my laptop?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to find acoount user name for my laptop?: Problem is: Microsoft forced to create some Microsoft account after some W10 update. Because user of the PC is not so powerful at IT, so he created any "do not care" account and forget about it. After some time PC started with bitlocker blue screen. User definitely do not...
  6. Can't find my user account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't find my user account: Where is my user account?c:\Users \Default \Public \UserShoukdn't I have a folder named kberg or something like that?I tried to create a new user but it goes into a perpetual loop of adding me then asking if I want to be added....
  7. Windows cannot find: C:\User\User Name\Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows cannot find: C:\User\User Name\Folder: Hi - From File Explorer, I cannot open any file on my computer. The error always says: Windows cannot find: C:\User\User Name\Folder\... In File Explorer, everything shows up OK. But I have tried to open files in the Documents folder and the Music folder; always getting...
  8. I can't change my user name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't change my user name: [ATTACH]I've tried many things to change it but the name is unable to be renamed which I'm looking to change I should also add this is for the C:\users folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-change-my-user-name/82cec765-5f68-44fc-9a59-49357f341167"
  9. MS can't can't find my user name

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    MS can't can't find my user name: I just installed Office 2016 professional and it's working fine. My problem is when they ask for my user ID and password. I ran the Microsoft Support and Recovery Tool just to see if I have any problems. I was asked to put in my User ID and password. I was told that that user...
  10. Can't change User name

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't change User name: After I installed Windows 10, I created a Microsoft online account to see what it was like. During the process, it changed the name on my local Windows 10 user account. I used Control Panel to go to Users, but there seemed to be no way to change the name back to the original....