Windows 10: Can't find my web camera.

Discus and support Can't find my web camera. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Can't find my web camera. Seems like my camera has disappeared from my devices in device manager. Also getting this error code - 0xA00F4244. How can I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JStraTN, Jun 18, 2020.

1. JStraTN Win User

Can't find my web camera.

Can't find my web camera. Seems like my camera has disappeared from my devices in device manager. Also getting this error code - 0xA00F4244. How can I fix this? I am using a laptop with a built in webcam and have used it before. All of a sudden I am now getting this error. Please help.

:)

JStraTN, Jun 18, 2020

2. Web Camera is not working

Hello

I assume by your comment "black screen appears in video call", you are experiencing problems in other camera apps as well, possibly Skype. If your camera isn't working in any applications this is indicative of a camera driver issue. Please try the steps
    listed here to resolve your issue:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/Windows-10/fix-windows-camera-app-problems-with-usb-web-cameras

If your issue isn't resolved after running the steps, please report back with your camera make and model and the driver information you aquire from step 3.

Thanks,

Tom

Tom A - Windows Camera Platform Team [MSFT], Jun 18, 2020
  3. mudkip Win User
    Digital Camera for ~$150

• Oh god you're one of those noobs who think it's all about megapixels.

mudkip, Jun 18, 2020
  4. Can't find my web camera.

Web camera not working with Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

• What is the complete error message you are getting?
    I understand the inconvenience you have experienced while accessing Windows Camera app.

Let try the below steps and check it helps:

Method 1:
    Run built in Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.

• Press Windows Key then type ‘troubleshoot’ and hit Enter
    • Select “View all” on the left panel and run “Windows Store Apps” troubleshooter from the list and see if it works.
    Method 2:
    Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files:

• Click Start.
    • Type cmd, and then press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER to open elevated command prompt(I.e. Command prompt with admin rights).
    • If the User Account Control dialog box appears, confirm that the action it displays is what you want, and then click
      Continue.
    • Type or copy paste the command line into it
      without quotes:
      “sfc /scannow”
    • Reboot the system and check if problem resolved.
    Also refer to the below suggestion provided by Tom A - Windows Camera Team [MSFT] replied on November 16, 2015 and check if it helps.

Web Camera is not working

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jun 18, 2020
Thema:

Can't find my web camera.

1. Can't find my web camera. - Similar Threads - Can't find web

2. can't find the camera

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't find the camera: Can't find the installed camera. No switches and doesn't find a driver. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-the-camera/26f0c20e-d79f-40f5-aa49-6261550f138a
  3. can't find the camera

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't find the camera: Can't find the installed camera. No switches and doesn't find a driver. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-the-camera/26f0c20e-d79f-40f5-aa49-6261550f138a
  4. can't find camera

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't find camera: My computer can't find the camera. Can I reinstall it somehow? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-camera/74ff3dc0-b297-435a-8fd6-1e5315cbb951
  5. can't find camera

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't find camera: My computer can't find the camera. Can I reinstall it somehow? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-camera/74ff3dc0-b297-435a-8fd6-1e5315cbb951
  6. Can't find the camera

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't find the camera: Tried everyway but wonder why the in-built camera doesn't show at all. Probably the driver's been mistakely removed. How do I get it back? Please suggest. How do I find the camera? It wouldn't show up anywhere in device manager....
  7. Can't Find Camera

Can't Find Camera: When I open my camera, I get an error that reads "We can't find your camera". I've tried all of the help instructions and I've even uninstalled my antivirus with no change. I'm getting error code 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached>. This is a new computer and the camera has...
  8. Can't find my camera.

Can't find my camera.: I am getting the error 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached>. I am using Asus VivoBook S14. I tried resetting my system, the camera worked for some time then went back to this again. I am not able to find the Imaging Driver or Camera Driver in my Laptop's Device Manager also....
  9. "Can't find camera"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Can't find camera": My camera app is saying that "Can't find camera. Here is the error code: 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached>". I checked Rerolled my camera drive and my Windows10 is also up-to-date, but my problem is not solved....
  10. Can't find the camera

Can't find the camera: My laptop from a company offering reconditioned machines stated on the details that my Lenovo was with webcam. But once here, they claimed that it doesn't come with a webcam. Have tried via Device Manager and Properties and there is no symbol for camera or imaging so does...