Windows 10: Cant find my Win 10 Serial key

Discus and support Cant find my Win 10 Serial key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My Hp Omen Laptop burned out so I take my SSD which win 10 original installed on and put it in my new pc but something wrong happened during... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Hatem El Said, Sep 8, 2019.

1. Cant find my Win 10 Serial key

My Hp Omen Laptop burned out so I take my SSD which win 10 original installed on and put it in my new pc but something wrong happened during installing so I had to format my SSD and I used a bootable usb to install win 10

It worked but I cant activate it because I cant find my serial key

PS: My win 10 was preinstalled on my Hp Omen

Please help me to activate my win 10

Thanks alot

:)

Hatem El Said, Sep 8, 2019

2. Fresh Install of Win 10 without Serial Key?

Looking to reformat a laptops HDD, and then reinstall Win 10 fresh. The problem is it came pre-installed with Win 8 and I did the free upgrade to Win 10. How exactly would I re-format the HDD, reinstall Win 10 and ensure it reactivates properly? I don't see a Win 8 serial key anywhere in the contents of the box.

Flogger23m, Sep 8, 2019
  3. Windows 10 serial on OEM

So I'll summarize steps made...

1. Saved serial number (taken with Belarc Advisory) from preinstalled (half chinese language) Windows 8.1 (don't know exactly the version, suspect Windows 8.1 with bing) on tablet
    2. Formatted tablet
    3. Tried to make a clean Windows 10 (HOME, HOME N and also PRO, everytime with the same result) install with ISO taken with MediaCreationTool, during install (and also after completing installation) it says that the saved serial is not valid
    4. Tried to reinstall Windows 8.1 (ISO taken with MediaCreationTool again) HOME, it says that the serial is not valid

So i suspect that the saved serial, is from a WINDOWS 8.1 WITH BING OEM version and this kind of ISO is not accessible/downloadable anywhere (at least I can't find it, any suggestion?)

Still not tried SHOWKEY with that serial, I am in office now, and the serial is saved on a usb pen at home, will try this evening.

So I'm stucked but if everything is like I suspect, it's incredible. If I have a tablet/notebook/netbook with Windows 8 preinstalled, it seems that I can update to Windows 10 without problems, but if I want to make a clean Windows 10 install that serial is not valid...

CapitanCatarro, Sep 8, 2019
  4. Cant find my Win 10 Serial key

windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Sep 8, 2019
Thema:

Cant find my Win 10 Serial key

1. Cant find my Win 10 Serial key - Similar Threads - Cant find Serial

2. How can i find the serial key from an OEM serial

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i find the serial key from an OEM serial: I had a slow laptop. I decided to reinstall the windows and format my laptop. The automatic process of windows was stopped unexpectedly and i was forced to install windows via media creation tool and a useb memory . Since i signed in my microsoft account the windows are not...
  3. How can i find the serial key from an OEM serial

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can i find the serial key from an OEM serial: I had a slow laptop. I decided to reinstall the windows and format my laptop. The automatic process of windows was stopped unexpectedly and i was forced to install windows via media creation tool and a useb memory . Since i signed in my microsoft account the windows are not...
  4. How can i find the serial key from an OEM serial

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. windows cant find my key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows cant find my key: so i just installed a fresh installation of windows 10 and it said windows isn't activated so i clicked it and it said. no product key found. so then i clicked troubleshoot. because I've used this Microsoft account in windows 10 before and it was activated. but when the...
  6. windows cant find my key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows cant find my key: so i just installed a fresh installation of windows 10 and it said windows isn't activated so i clicked it and it said. no product key found. so then i clicked troubleshoot. because I've used this Microsoft account in windows 10 before and it was activated. but when the...
  7. windows cant find my key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Serial number win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Serial number win 10: So basically my serial number it is not working at all why that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/serial-number-win-10/0489926b-62e5-4240-9bab-0b60bb43db18
  9. How to find Office 2016 serial key

in Microsoft Office and 365
    How to find Office 2016 serial key: I need to ghost my HDD onto a larger one. Everything went fine, using Acronis disk director and true copy, except that Office 2016 isn't activated. I've searched my email history to try and find the serial number, but can't find it. I then tried magic jellybean, but this...
  10. serial key

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    serial key: How do I find my office serial key on the my account page? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/serial-key/38cc56f8-8958-437a-8797-9db7909c053d"