Windows 10: Can't find my Windows 10 product key

Discus and support Can't find my Windows 10 product key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Just built a new PC for my mom. Installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 Home. I bought a license from the Microsoft store and activated it successfully.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by StevenRaines1, Feb 8, 2020.

1. Can't find my Windows 10 product key

Just built a new PC for my mom. Installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 Home. I bought a license from the Microsoft store and activated it successfully. Now I'm just trying to back up the product key for my records, but I can't find it anywhere.

Everything online says it will be in the confirmation email, but it's not there. Some sites said it would be in the order details, it's not there either. Some sites said to open the command prompt and type in a command to see it there, but i gather that that's for PCs that shipped with Windows already installed, so that doesn't apply here. I tried it anyway and it didn't find anything.

Anyone got any advice?

:)

StevenRaines1, Feb 8, 2020

2. windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Feb 8, 2020
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Feb 8, 2020
  4. Can't find my Windows 10 product key

Windows 10 Product Key

Hi Oscar,

Since the laptop has no battery compartment wherein the product key is usually located, we recommend that you follow these steps to find your Windows product key:

• Press Windows + X and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Enter this command: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey
      and hit Enter.

Also, if you're looking to reinstall Windows 10 after a hardware replacement, we recommend that you follow the steps provided in this

article

Let us know if performing these steps resolved the issue.

Dennis Mop, Feb 8, 2020
Thema:

Can't find my Windows 10 product key

1. Can't find my Windows 10 product key - Similar Threads - Can't find product

2. I can't find my product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't find my product key: I bought on November 10th Microsoft 365, and I need to use Word, but I cannot find my product key in any of the emails received after the purchase in order to access it. Can you help me with that? Kind regards Silvia...
  3. Can't find my product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't find my product key: Cmd,Powershell, and notepad dont work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-my-product-key/700176d9-8a04-4461-a4d7-b7d14e2360c9
  4. Can't find my product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't find my product key: Cmd,Powershell, and notepad dont work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-my-product-key/700176d9-8a04-4461-a4d7-b7d14e2360c9
  5. Can't find my product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. can't find windows product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    can't find windows product key: I keep getting the notification that windows isn't activated on my device and it won't let me activate no matter what I try. I understand I need the product key but I can't find it anywhere. I've ran both command prompt and powershell trying to find it using commands that...
  7. Can't Find Product Key

Can't Find Product Key: Hello, I bought a pc and built it in August of 2020. When I bought all the parts I did not buy Windows 10 with it. I had to copy Windows and put it on the new PC. Then I bought Windows 10 Home from the Microsoft website and now have Microsoft Defender and all that. Now I want...
  8. can't find product key

can't find product key: I'm currently using an Apple iMac and I bought Windows 10 Pro. I was told I would get an email with this product key, I have received an email but all there is is it shows me that I bought it. Wheres my product key at?...
  9. Can't find my product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't find my product key: I am trying to find my product key, to re-install windows on a new hard-drive after the previous one failed. I don't have any packaging that may have contained the key. Where can I go to find a key I can use to re-install Windows 10....
  10. Can't find windows product key

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't find windows product key: So today when I right clicked on my monitor I clicked personalize and it said I wasn't able to personalize without activating windows but I don't know if I have a windows display key. I then looked it up and none of the articles told me how to find the key, even the one...