Windows 10: Can't find night light mode in display.

Discus and support Can't find night light mode in display. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey guys, I just got this HP windows 10 laptop, and I tried to enable the night light function to help filter the blue light to protect my eyes from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gabby, Jul 28, 2017.

1. gabby Win User

Can't find night light mode in display.

Hey guys,

I just got this HP windows 10 laptop, and I tried to enable the night light function to help filter the blue light to protect my eyes from getting sore. I followed every steps online, "setting-display-night light mode"..but I reached to the "customize your display" instead of "display", and there's no such a thing called "night light"(pic shown as below). I would appreciate if you can help me with this problem, bring me back to the normal display setting to get my favourite night light turned on. Thank you!

Can't find night light mode in display. [​IMG]

:)

gabby, Jul 28, 2017
  2. basx Win User

Night light option not available after upgrade to Creators update

My computer recently upgraded to the Creators update.

I can't find the night light option. I looked at Settings\Display\color but didn't find anything.

I tried to search within the computer but it didn't find anything.

So how then do I find if I have the night light option?

Thanks!

xavier

3. Night Mode

Sorry that is correct "Night Light" The settings for night light are greyed out on the PC, therefore I can not change settings . The settings on the display tab indicate that the night light is in the OFF mode.

DavidKeenan, Jul 28, 2017
  4. f14tomcat Win User

It's under Settings>System. Click the Action Center bottom right, and click All Settings. Click System.

EDIT: I just noticed that it's a laptop. I don't think the laptop displays can't do night light.

f14tomcat, Jul 28, 2017
  5. gabby Win User
    Hi, thanks for answering. I did exactly the same thing, I can't get to night light setting at all, still the customize your display...

gabby, Jul 28, 2017
  6. Which hp laptop?
    To decrease screen brightness, Function key + (look for symbol like a sun) may be on [ bracket.

If it's an omen series.

Frozenoem1, Jul 28, 2017
  7. f14tomcat Win User
    I don't think all lappys can do night light. It's a combo of the GPU and the physical display. Not all are supported.

f14tomcat, Jul 28, 2017
  8. f14tomcat Win User

He's looking for Night Light, not brightness. 2 different things. Night Light changes the gamma in the physical display. Not all are supported.

f14tomcat, Jul 28, 2017
  9. Eagle51 Win User
    Hey gabby,
    Assuming your laptop can handle the Night Light feature... Just because it's a new HP laptop, it might not be updated to the Creators Update (1703) when the Night Light was introduced, so check your Version (winkey+r > type in winver > click ok)

Eagle51, Jul 28, 2017
  10. gabby Win User
    Hey. Frozenoem1, thanks for telling me, I do know how to adjust brightness, but the night light thing is a little different lol I got this HP lap from Amazon, didn't show me too much info, but all I know is a 17.3 inches, i core5, win10, hp notebook. I guess maybe it doesn't have the function as others have.. Thank you again.

gabby, Jul 28, 2017
  11. gabby Win User
    Yea, f14tomcat, I think you maybe right, my laptop may just don't do night mode... just so sad.. but thank you!

gabby, Jul 28, 2017
  12. f14tomcat Win User
    See Eagle51 post above yours. That is most likely the issue. You need to get it up to 15063 Creators. If you just bought it from Amazon, it's probably still 14393.

f14tomcat, Jul 28, 2017
  13. gabby Win User

Hi Eagle! I did what suggested, here's the screenshot..I think you're right, even I don't know anything about Creators update

gabby, Jul 28, 2017
  14. gabby Win User
    Yeah, that's correct.. 14393, I guess that's the reason tho... I've been searching for the reason all afternoon, but now at least I know what causes the problem..Thank you f14tomcat!

gabby, Jul 28, 2017
  15. f14tomcat Win User
    It's the next major version of Windows. It should be offered to you when you do a Check for Updates.

f14tomcat, Jul 28, 2017
Thema:

1. Can't find night light mode in display. - Similar Threads - Can't find night

2. Night light mode problem on photoshop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Night light mode problem on photoshop: I had the night light problem in photos app before, then I fixed it in color management as the website said. Now the photoshop has the same problem and I cannot fix it nor I can undo what I did. This has broken by work schedule and I need a solution ASAP....
  3. Night Light mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Night Light mode: Greetings everyone,When I turn on night light mode the colours become warmer which is okay.But, whenever I play a game, open a picture or a video the colours become lighter and more shining. it's like a modified night light mode and it's really uncomfortable.When I plug in...
  4. Sick and tired of night light mode

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Sick and tired of night light mode: Hello everyone, I know this has been discussed here, still searching for the answer - is this a bug or I miss something? So, how do I make Night Light mode working properly? It is scheduled Sunset - Sunrise but seems like it's turning on and off whenever it decides... I...
  5. can't find night light

can't find night light: can't find night light https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-night-light/13550f1e-60cb-4f2d-bd24-585b079d7c8b
  6. Night Light with Dual Monitor Display

Night Light with Dual Monitor Display: Hello! I am running Windows 10 v1909 on a Lenovo Ideapad. I have 2 Lenovo L23i monitors, one plugged directly into the laptop via HDMI, and one plugged in via a j5create dock. The night light feature will only work on the monitor that is plugged directly into the laptop....
  7. night light mode will not come on

night light mode will not come on: night light mode grayed out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/night-light-mode-will-not-come-on/a61e5b4e-9602-4faf-b7d5-62a3838961fd
  8. night light mode will not come on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    night light mode will not come on: night light mode will not come on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/night-light-mode-will-not-come-on/f4763471-cfb4-47b9-bef8-64db11d82364
  9. Night light mode glitch

Night light mode glitch: So supposedly this question has been answered before in This thread. though the answer there didn't help me at all. it's literally the same symptoms, with the exception that nightlight mode is only off for a split second when I restart the computer. any ideas?...
  10. Night Light Not Working On Display Monitors

Night Light Not Working On Display Monitors: I have 2 display monitors and one laptop Both monitors are connected to dell's universal docking station and the docking station is connected to my laptop. I can adjust the lighting on my laptop, but I cannot adjust the lighting on the two monitors. Why is this? Is...