Windows 10: Can't find notepad with search bar (windows 10 -version 2004)

Discus and support Can't find notepad with search bar (windows 10 -version 2004) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/incognitocmode [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/incognitocmode, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Can't find notepad with search bar (windows 10 -version 2004)

/u/incognitocmode, Aug 4, 2020

2. Can't Open NotePad

Thank you very much John for your reply,

I can't find the notepad in App & feature option in settings.

It seems the windows 10 2004 update had created problems with the notepad, In addition to this from search tab I can't search application installed in my machine

This windows 10 2004 update is junk

robinkushal, Aug 4, 2020
  3. John DeV Win User
    Can't Open NotePad

Hello robinkushal,

Thank you for updating me that information. I'm sorry it didn't resolve the issue.

Have you recently upgraded to the 2004 version? You didn't find notepad in C:\WINDOWS\system32?

Please try to create a new administrator account then check if you can see Notepad there. Check if your windows search is working.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/402692...

After that, Restart your PC

Press Start then search Apps and Features

select Optional Features

Find notepad on the list, If not

Click Add a feature then select notepad on the list

Put a check then Click Install

Open again Notepad

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any further concerns.

Sincerely

Independent Advisor

John DeV, Aug 4, 2020
  4. Geosammy Win User

Can't find notepad with search bar (windows 10 -version 2004)

Can't Type In Search Bar and Windows 10 Built-in Apps.

Hello,
    I've been having this issue for quite a while, even before the last major update.
    Seems like I can't find a way to correct it.
    If I bring up the search bar, by right-clicking on the Windows Logo Icon within the taskbar.
    Then select search.
    I'm unable to type anything into the search box.

Can't find notepad with search bar (windows 10 -version 2004) [​IMG]

However, I can type into notepad, copy that text and past it into the search bar.
    This also works for other Windows 10 built-in apps, for which typing text is required.
    The keyboard I'm using is the Logitech G413, which is only a few months old.
    I've also moved the USB cables to a different port, without any effect.
    I've also tried a secondary keyboard, the Cooler Master NovaTouch TKL and this keyboard also shows the same behavior. No matter which USB port it's connected to.
    I've also tried using the on-screen keyboard, and this also will not type into the search bar, or Windows 10 built-in apps.Any suggestions?

Geosammy, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

Can't find notepad with search bar (windows 10 -version 2004)

1. Can't find notepad with search bar (windows 10 -version 2004) - Similar Threads - Can't find notepad

2. Can't find apps in search bar

in Cortana
    Can't find apps in search bar: I resetted my pc and kept my files and I reinstalled most of the app by now but when I try to search for them in the search bar they won't appear for some reason. I got this with nearly every app I recently downloaded except office 365. How do I solve this problem?...
  3. Can't find apps in search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't find apps in search bar: I resetted my pc and kept my files and I reinstalled most of the app by now but when I try to search for them in the search bar they won't appear for some reason. I got this with nearly every app I recently downloaded except office 365. How do I solve this problem?...
  4. Can't find apps in search bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't download Windows 10 version 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't download Windows 10 version 2004: Hello. For a long time I have not been able to update the feature update to Windows 10, version 2004. Today, a message from Microsoft says my current version is reaching its end of service but I cannot get it to update. Help?...
  6. Windows 10 home version 2004 search bar is blank and nonfunctional

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 home version 2004 search bar is blank and nonfunctional: Hi there, I am running windows 10 home ver 2004 and when i click on the search bar, it goes blank. If i type into it, i am unable to see the characters and it will not search up any files on my pc. If i type in a word "bobsled", for example, and hit the return key, it will...
  7. Windows 10 version 2004 search bar half greyed out

in Cortana
    Windows 10 version 2004 search bar half greyed out: [ATTACH][ATTACH]Windows search window gets half greyed out but gets back to normal when the window is clicked. This problem is very annoying as only a half of the windows/search results are displayed. I would like some help on how to fix this problem....
  8. Notepad not working on 2004 version?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Notepad not working on 2004 version?: So notepad got randomly uninstalled, I installed it again through the apps in settings So it is installed on my pc now but I still don't have the option to create a new notepad if I right click my desktop submitted by /u/kAEDwf [link] [comments]...
  9. Search Problem Windows 10 Version 1909 - 2004

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Search Problem Windows 10 Version 1909 - 2004: A few weeks before I updated from Win 10 1909 to 2004, Windows Explorer started to have problems... I went to search something using the search bar at the corner of the explorer window. but the search bar would not respond to anything.... I click it, nothing happens... i...
  10. Can't Find New Update For New Windows 10 pro Version 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't Find New Update For New Windows 10 pro Version 2004: Hi, since the release of the latest Windows 10 version 2004 update, I hadn't received any updates in Update & Security settings on my Windows 10 pro which is currently running the version 1909. And, I can't get Microsoft Cortana to say my name or even access my e-mail. What...