Windows 10: Cant Find notepad

Discus and support Cant Find notepad in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have tried many times in windows search , but i cant find it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by M.HassanTariq, May 18, 2020.

1. Cant Find notepad

I have tried many times in windows search , but i cant find it

:)

M.HassanTariq, May 18, 2020

2. Notepad

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• Open Task Manager. Here’s a tip: press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC.
    • Click on Startup tab.
    • Select Notepad from the list and click on Disable.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us
    for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 18, 2020
  3. JCabebe Win User
    Notepad

I followed your suggestion but wasn't able to find Notepad listed on the startup. There are some listed as program but don't know which ones it could be.

JCabebe, May 18, 2020
  4. Bree Win User

Cant Find notepad

Notepad consuming cpu 40%

Your screenshot of Task Manager and the notepad.exe properties shows the same size and creation date as in @dalchina's earlier screenshot. So it looks like it is the real notepad that's running.

But - it isn't running the way it should. In your Task Manager there should be a > to the left of notepad, and clicking on it should open up a list of the Notepad instances that are running, along with the name of the document that's open (or 'Untitled - Notepad' if none).

Yours doesn't show that (compare it with dalchina's screenshot). Notepad is running - yes, but not the way it's supposed to. It appears to be in the list of background processes, not in the list of Apps where it should be. Could something be trying to run it as a service? Perhaps some malware set this up, but failed to replace the genuine notepad.exe with its counterfeit one?

As a first step I'd look at the Startup tab in Task Manager for clues.

Thema:

Cant Find notepad

1. Cant Find notepad - Similar Threads - Cant Find notepad

2. Notepad can't find installed fonts?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notepad can't find installed fonts?: I've been having an issue with Notepad since I upgraded to Windows 11 - Notepad can't seem to figure out that I've installed new fonts. When I first install the font, Notepad notices, and I can use it no problem. But if I restart my computer and try to open it again,...
  3. Cant access notepad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant access notepad: I have Windows 11 and my notepad is not working. It doesnt open unlike in Windows 10. I just upgraded my Windows and got this issue. I usually use notepad a lot for my work so I need to address this and I dont want to go back to Windows 10....
  4. Cant access notepad

Cant access notepad: I have Windows 11 and my notepad is not working. It doesnt open unlike in Windows 10. I just upgraded my Windows and got this issue. I usually use notepad a lot for my work so I need to address this and I dont want to go back to Windows 10....
  5. FIND function no longer works in NOTEPAD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FIND function no longer works in NOTEPAD: I've posted this question below with no successful answer.When I open a text file in Windows Notepad and click EDIT / FIND the search window pops up however, it does not allow me to enter any text. The FIND window remains blank when I try to type in text.I've tried RESETTING...
  6. FIND function no longer works in NOTEPAD

FIND function no longer works in NOTEPAD: I've posted this question below with no successful answer.When I open a text file in Windows Notepad and click EDIT / FIND the search window pops up however, it does not allow me to enter any text. The FIND window remains blank when I try to type in text.I've tried RESETTING...
  7. cant install notepad

cant install notepad: cant install notepad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-notepad/fbea5260-481d-454b-b830-7b31a4818129
  8. finding a lost notepad document

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    finding a lost notepad document: I created a short document yesterday on Notepad. When I tried to print it, it would not respond and print. Now I cannot find this document anywhere, and I did not delete it. The history of documents shows my search for it, but also says not found; no bytes used. where did...
  9. Windows notepad “find” history

Windows notepad “find” history: Hey guys cant get my hands on this but Im trying to find a way to clear the find history in notepad. it always shows the last word I searched for. Is their a way to do this? 163181
  10. Cant open notepad as admin

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cant open notepad as admin: Since the last update, I can no longer open notepad or Wordpad as admin Right-clicking gives me the option to run as admin but it does not open. I need the option to modify the host's file. I also tried creating another user with admin powers but still no good For what...