Windows 10: Can't find or connect to 5GHz network after Windows 10 update - 20H2

Discus and support Can't find or connect to 5GHz network after Windows 10 update - 20H2 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi,Really hoping someone can help!Since I updated Windows to 20H2, it seems that windows can no longer find my 5ghz mobile hotspot network. This is the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by willbeasley2, Jun 20, 2021.

1. Can't find or connect to 5GHz network after Windows 10 update - 20H2

Hi,Really hoping someone can help!Since I updated Windows to 20H2, it seems that windows can no longer find my 5ghz mobile hotspot network. This is the only way I can use the internet, as broadband is not a viable option where I am.I am using a TP-Link wireless USB adapter and it was working fine right up until this update! I've tried numerous things, but can't get it to work!Please help!Thanks,

:)

willbeasley2, Jun 20, 2021

2. Windows 10 20H2 network connection

Since upgrading from Windows 2004 to Windows 20H2 cannot connect to our network drives. The computer has a Local account created, and when I map to a network drive I get this error:
    Microsoft Windows Network: Multiple connections to a server or shared resource by the same user, using more than one user name, are not allowed. Disconnect all previous connections to the server or shared resource and try again.
    This was never a problem in any previous Windows update - what changed?
    We use local user accounts on several 'shared' computers. Normally when a user needs to connect to a network drive on one of these computers they will need to enter their network credentials. Then connection to the network will be made.
    Since updating to Windows 10 20H2 this no longer works. Anyone have a fix for this?
    Note: I have rolled back to 2004 and network connections work correctly, so this is definitely a 20H2 issue.

Mark Falzarano, Jun 20, 2021
  3. Rob_Dn Win User
    5GHz WiFi network not detected in Windows 10 in Bootcamp

Hi,

Windows 10 Pro does not detect a 5GHz WiFi network.

Others in my office are using Windows 10 and they can connect to the 5GHz wifi although they have an Intel wireless adapter, mine is Broadcom.

We have one 2.4 GHz and one 5GHz wireless network setup in our office, but my Windows 10 only shows the 2.4GHz network in the list of available connections.

There is a wall between my room and the wireless routers but even if I take my laptop to the router room it still does not pick up the 5GHz network.

The 2.4GHz network works but the connection is slow unless I take my laptop to the router room.

I'm running Windows 10 on Bootcamp on my Macbook Pro.

When I boot into OSX it successfully detects and connects to the 5GHz network but when booted to Windows 10 it only picks up the 2.4GHz network. The network adapter obviously supports 5GHz as it works in OSX.

Here are my system specs:

• Macbook Pro 2012
    • Intel i5 dual core 2.5GHz
    • RAM 4GB
    • OS X El Capitan 10.11.2
    • Bootcamp Windows 10 Pro 64bit - version 15511 - OS build 10586.494
    • Wireless network adapter: Airport Extreme / Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter
    • Driver version 7.35.118.40
    • Driver date 24 July 2015
    • Radio types supported 802.11n 802.11a 802.11g 802.11b

Can anyone help me make the 5GHz work under Windows 10?

Many thanks

Rob

Can't find or connect to 5GHz network after Windows 10 update - 20H2 123bd402-69f0-438c-86a2-c8e419532c52.png

Rob_Dn, Jun 20, 2021
  4. Myhrern Win User

Can't find or connect to 5GHz network after Windows 10 update - 20H2

Can't connect to 5GHz network

Hi! I upgraded to Windows 10 yesterday. I had Windows 7 previously, and both 2.4GHz and 5GHz worked perfectly. Now that I have upgraded, I can't connect to my 5GHz network. Some rare times, I can connect to my 5GHz network, but it would be unidentified
    and I wouldn't get internet access. I have uninstalled the network card driver, updated it, done a network reset (Windows settings), all my network settings are default and I have removed the power cable from my modem and router for at least 30 minutes. Yesterday
    I couldn't access any Microsoft/Xbox login pages, but that is fixed today. How can I fix this problem?

Myhrern, Jun 20, 2021
Thema:

Can't find or connect to 5GHz network after Windows 10 update - 20H2

1. Can't find or connect to 5GHz network after Windows 10 update - 20H2 - Similar Threads - Can't find connect

2. Can't connect to a 5Ghz Wi-Fi network in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect to a 5Ghz Wi-Fi network in Windows 11: Around May 2022, I noticed that my laptop is not able to connect to the 5Ghz network. I was using it freely before that moment, but then it just struggles even to authenticate my device. After typing the password, it spends a while in "verifying and connecting", then says...
  3. Can't connect to a 5Ghz Wi-Fi network in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't connect to a 5Ghz Wi-Fi network in Windows 11: Around May 2022, I noticed that my laptop is not able to connect to the 5Ghz network. I was using it freely before that moment, but then it just struggles even to authenticate my device. After typing the password, it spends a while in "verifying and connecting", then says...
  4. SOLVED Windows 10 "Can't connect to this network" on 5GHz WiFi.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SOLVED Windows 10 "Can't connect to this network" on 5GHz WiFi.: SOLVEDHello, my issue is that whenever I try to connect to the 5GHz version of my WiFi network, I get the error "Can't connect to this network" but I can connect to my 2.4GHz WiFi network just fine. I found a solution, it's to run the network adapter troubleshooter, Settings...
  5. Windows 10 "Can't connect to this network" on 5GHz WiFi.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 "Can't connect to this network" on 5GHz WiFi.: Hello, my issue is that whenever I try to connect to the 5GHz version of my WiFi network, I get the error "Can't connect to this network" but I can connect to my 2.4GHz WiFi network just fine. I found a solution, it's to run the network adapter troubleshooter, Settings >...
  6. Windows 10 "Can't connect to this network" on 5GHz WiFi.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 "Can't connect to this network" on 5GHz WiFi.: Hello, my issue is that whenever I try to connect to the 5GHz version of my WiFi network, I get the error "Can't connect to this network" but I can connect to my 2.4GHz WiFi network just fine. I found a solution, it's to run the network adapter troubleshooter, Settings >...
  7. Windows 10 "Can't connect to this network" on 5GHz WiFi.

8. Windows 10 20H2 network connection

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 20H2 network connection: Since upgrading from Windows 2004 to Windows 20H2 cannot connect to our network drives. The computer has a Local account created, and when I map to a network drive I get this error: Microsoft Windows Network: Multiple connections to a server or shared resource by the same...
  9. Wifi Adapter lost the ability to connect to 5ghz network after windows update ???

Wifi Adapter lost the ability to connect to 5ghz network after windows update ???: This morning I woke up and find out that my pc is not connecting to any network anymore. I tried several times to reconnect the 5g network that I've been using a long time ago. But every time it just says "Can't connect to this network". My laptops and phones have no problem...
  10. Connecting to 5ghz Network

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Connecting to 5ghz Network: So, I recently gota new router and one of features of the router is the ability to have a 2.4ghz band and a 5ghz band on the same SSID. The reason that this feature was appealing to me was because I just want everything connected to a single network for using devices like...