Windows 10: Cant find Paint (and other programs) in search bar or the start menu

Discus and support Cant find Paint (and other programs) in search bar or the start menu in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When I search for programs in the search bar they won't show up. They did a few days ago. Like I cant find Paint when typing it in the search bar. I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/noid-ish, Aug 28, 2020.

1. Cant find Paint (and other programs) in search bar or the start menu

When I search for programs in the search bar they won't show up. They did a few days ago. Like I cant find Paint when typing it in the search bar. I've tried to restore it in the advanced index options and all it does is "restore"a bunch of maps and folders to the excluded folders in the Searching Windows settings.
    English is not my native language and I've tried to look for it in my native language but couldn't find anything.

submitted by /u/noid-ish
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/noid-ish, Aug 28, 2020

2. How to add Paint to Start Menu

Hi Joan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Click on Start Menu

• Type Paint

• Right click on paint

• Click on Pin to Start
    Check if it bring back MS Paint to start menu.

I hope the information helps. If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Aug 28, 2020
  3. How to add Paint to Start Menu

Sinceregirl, Aug 28, 2020
  4. Cant find Paint (and other programs) in search bar or the start menu

Windows 10 Start Menu Search Bar Not Showing Programs

I have been having a problem with my start menu in Windows 10!

When I search up a program like "Paint" or "Photoshop" it does not show up! However, built-in apps such as "Settings" and "Edge" show up!

I have tried rebuilding the search index with no luck so far!

I also tried restarting Cortana and even re-registering it! Still no luck!

What should I do to fix my start menu search bar?

WareNetwork3264, Aug 28, 2020
Thema:

Cant find Paint (and other programs) in search bar or the start menu

1. Cant find Paint (and other programs) in search bar or the start menu - Similar Threads - Cant find Paint

2. Search bar, task bar, start menu and many other programs not working. System is freezed.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Search bar, task bar, start menu and many other programs not working. System is freezed.: Hello,Various Windows functions no longer work on several Windows computers:- Windows Search; it is no longer possible to open the start menu and enter a word- Windows Updates; When I open the Windows Updates view in Computer Settings, only the three dots appear. It does not...
  3. Errro with Start Menu and start search bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Errro with Start Menu and start search bar: I need help with the error in the image attached. I don't know if it is a virus. I have updated windows but still this problem. I can't type in Microsoft word document i get this \\\\\ where every i try to type. The image below is when i try to open the start menu.[ATTACH]...
  4. Win 10 Start Menu Search not finding installed programs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win 10 Start Menu Search not finding installed programs: I've been having an issue for a while where the Win 10 Start Menu Search is not finding many of the program I have installed, it will find some but many are missing. I can scroll down on the Start menu and find the "missing" programs but if I use search(press start menu and...
  5. Can't find programs using the start menu search

in Cortana
    Can't find programs using the start menu search: Recently I am no longer able to find any programs using the start menu search, it just gives me things like downloaded files. For example, I can't find the control panel by typing in "control panel"....
  6. No Search Bar in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No Search Bar in Start Menu: Hello, My start menu has no search bar. I looked this up on the forum, and one answer was to go into Control Panel -> Programs & Features -> Turn Windows features on or off -> check mark the box for 'Windows Search' -> Reboot. Problem 1: 'Windows Search' is not on my list...
  7. Start Menu Search Bar

in Cortana
    Start Menu Search Bar: Prior versions of windows allowed me to hit the handy-dandy start-menu button, type a document name in the search bar, and recent documents I pulled up with the search words would show up - the charm of that feature was that I could close a document or spreadsheet confident...
  8. Start Menu Search Bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Search Bar: [ATTACH] I messed up something and now when ever i type something in the start menu search bar, i see a preview pane like something (containing open,open file location,pin to start,pin to taskbar)beside the search results.I don't want my search bar like this, i want my...
  9. Start menu, search and other apps won't start from task bar

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu, search and other apps won't start from task bar: Hello, I have just upgraded from Win 7 Ultimate to Win 10 build 10240 The sart menu button does not activate anything, search doesn't either, Notification bubble does not open anything either. Safe mode produces same behaviour, I have uninstalled AVG Anti virus as...
  10. Windows 10 Start Menu Search Bar Not Showing Programs

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Start Menu Search Bar Not Showing Programs: I have been having a problem with my start menu in Windows 10! When I search up a program like "Paint" or "Photoshop" it does not show up! However, built-in apps such as "Settings" and "Edge" show up! I have tried rebuilding the search index with no luck so far! I...