Windows 10: Can't find pictures on OneDrive.

Discus and support Can't find pictures on OneDrive. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I took a ton of pictures with my phone. Supposedly, an album was created on the OneDrive. On my laptop looking in OneDrive, I can't find the pics?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SteveShorten1423, Jan 31, 2019.

1. Can't find pictures on OneDrive.

I took a ton of pictures with my phone. Supposedly, an album was created on the OneDrive. On my laptop looking in OneDrive, I can't find the pics? How do I find them?

:)

SteveShorten1423, Jan 31, 2019
  2. wallace99 Win User

Problem with location of Pictures library after making pictures available on OneDrive

Thanks Rhina

I did what you suggested but it ended up making OneDrive the Pictures library. This may have something to do with the way i originally moved the Pictures folders to OneDrive. I probably should explain:

Because there already was a (fairly empty) Pictures folder under OneDrive (automatically set up I think when transferring a few Ipad photos to PC via OneDrive) I had moved the top level Pictures folders into D/users/myname/OneDrive rather than moving
    the Pictures folder itself. This was probably a bit stupid but I subsequently moved the top level Pictures folders into that pre-existing Pictures folder on OneDrive and that's how we got to where we are today.

To continue after that diversion. Following the restore you suggested, the pictures folder under Libraries was still wrong but it looked a lot better ie it was no longer offering me a choice of locations for Pictures folders and, instead was just showing
    me all the top level folders for what it (wrongly) thought was the Pictures folder. But it was still not appearing directly under This PC.

My next step was to go into Properties option for Libraries/Pictures. Here I simply added the correct location D/users/myname/OneDrive/pictures and deleted the location D/users/myname/OneDrive which at that time was the current location.

So, on the Positive side:

• Libraries/Pictures now shows what I would expect ie my top level Pictures folders

But, on the negative side:

• Pictures still does not appear under This PC, unlike Documents, Videos, Music etc
    • in the Photos app, if I go to Folders option, it shows the folder as OneDrive, not OneDrive/Pictures even though, if i go into "choose where to look" it is correctly showing OneDrive/Pictures as the location. Obviously i can still get to the photos I need
      but it's an extra unnecessary step
    That's where i am currently.

wallace99, Jan 31, 2019
  3. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jan 31, 2019
  4. enso Win User

Can't find pictures on OneDrive.

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

Thema:

Can't find pictures on OneDrive.

1. Can't find pictures on OneDrive. - Similar Threads - Can't find pictures

2. OneDrive can't find the app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive can't find the app: I want to remove the OneDrive app, but when I try starting the app, all I get is the explorer window. I need to find a way to administer the app. It does not show on the dock at the bottom of the screen, nor does it show in the apps list. But when I try installing it from...
  3. OneDrive can't find the app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive can't find the app: I want to remove the OneDrive app, but when I try starting the app, all I get is the explorer window. I need to find a way to administer the app. It does not show on the dock at the bottom of the screen, nor does it show in the apps list. But when I try installing it from...
  4. I can't unlink pictures folder from OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't unlink pictures folder from OneDrive: Hi,I need to unlink my pictures from OneDrive because my art software doesn't support the file as they have their own version of backing things up to the cloud. I tried going into my OneDrive to unlink my Pictures folder, but all I received was an error that said"The folder...
  5. Can't find/recover pictures.

Can't find/recover pictures.: I had a folder with everything from my old laptop on it, but had to delete it to free up disk space. Before I did that I made sure the pictures from my old laptop wouldn't be deleted, just everything else. I can't find that folder anymore even though I'm sure it wasn't...
  6. Can't find my pictures and videos

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't find my pictures and videos: Couple months ago it might be a year now I don't remember exactly windows wanted me to update but I delayed it for some time but it started harrasing my game etc so I updated it and after that when I opened my folder I found out almost every file of my pictures went missing...
  7. cannot find pictures in photo gallery or onedrive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    cannot find pictures in photo gallery or onedrive: All my pictures from photo gallery and one drive have disappeard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-find-pictures-in-photo-gallery-or-onedrive/5bdaa0a7-ff66-43a1-b112-37711327bfd3
  8. can't find imported pictures

can't find imported pictures: I need your help. I imported pictures last night from D_80 Nikon. They appeared in computer as recently imported but could not refind them. Not in documents and the were out of sequence when I did view them....
  9. can't find media card pictures in windows10

can't find media card pictures in windows10: Hi All, I didn't like the Faststone program that my PC guy installed for me so I uninstalled it. Now I don't know where my pictures are going, there is a file that says "exported items" where my other pictures folders are, and I can see the edge of a picture that I...
  10. Can't Find Picture

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Find Picture: I am trying very hard to learn '10'. So far, I really miss windows 7, but I will keep trying.. for awhile. Ok, so I loaded just one picture from my camera this morning, but when I go to my pictures folder it's not there.. Could someone tell me where it is, and how to get to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. CANT OPEN PICTURES ON ONE DRIVE

2. loaded picture into onedrive cant see it on phone

3. cant see imported photos in One Drive

4. cant find my imported pictures,
  5. cant find pictures imported to one drive,
  6. cannot see photos in onedrive online,
  7. I cant find pictures in one drive,
  8. cant see pictures that appear to have been loaded to onedrive,
  9. cant find pocs from phone on onedrive,
  10. cant read one drive pictures,
  11. photos not showing in onedrive,