Windows 10: Can't find previous documents and files with Windows 10

Discus and support Can't find previous documents and files with Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When I switched from Windows 7 to Windows 10 all of my files, documents, accounts, etc., disappeared. I tried to find them on my hard drive to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DeniseLea, Aug 4, 2020.

1. DeniseLea Win User

Can't find previous documents and files with Windows 10

When I switched from Windows 7 to Windows 10 all of my files, documents, accounts, etc., disappeared. I tried to find them on my hard drive to reestablish them but they aren't viewable to do that. I know they are there somewhere but no idea how to find them and restore them. I am not particularly computer savvy so I need some step by step help. Thanks.

:)

DeniseLea, Aug 4, 2020
  2. Yaqub K Win User

How to find a list of Recent Documents in Windows 10

Hi,

Recent document option has been removed on Windows 10. Instead, on Windows 10 you have an option recent files. To access it, follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + E.
    • Under File Explorer, select Quick access.
    • Now, you will find a section Recent files which will display all the recently viewed files/documents.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Aug 4, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 4, 2020
  4. Can't find previous documents and files with Windows 10

Can't find my documents after downloading windows 10

Hi Kathleen,

Thank you for your response with the current status of the issue.

To assist you better, please provide us the below information:

• Have you tried all the steps provided in the previous link?

I suggest you to check for the files in Recycle bin. If you are able to find the files in the Recycle, then I recommend you to restore the file by double clicking on the deleted files and click on Restore button.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

Can't find previous documents and files with Windows 10

1. Can't find previous documents and files with Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Can't find previous

2. I can't find a document in my files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't find a document in my files: I can't find a document in my files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-find-a-document-in-my-files/39d7088c-40a6-403e-b6a5-76b390a5f484
  3. I can't find a document in my files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't find a document in my files: I can't find a document in my files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-find-a-document-in-my-files/39d7088c-40a6-403e-b6a5-76b390a5f484
  4. can't find saved documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't find saved documents: My computer is about 15 months old with Office Home and Student and was a warranty replacement. I was able to transfer data from the old to the new and this worked well until recently. Several weeks ago I transferred to Windows 11 - no problem. I have now found nearly all my...
  5. can't find saved documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't find saved documents: My computer is about 15 months old with Office Home and Student and was a warranty replacement. I was able to transfer data from the old to the new and this worked well until recently. Several weeks ago I transferred to Windows 11 - no problem. I have now found nearly all my...
  6. I can't find my previous file or I can't find windows.old on my pc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't find my previous file or I can't find windows.old on my pc: I re installed my windows with the option to keep my files . when it was done I couldn't find my pervious file but the hard drive is indicating that the previous files are still there . I've checked user it's only showing my recent files it's showing please how can i get...
  7. Windows 10 Not Finding File History from Previous Backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Not Finding File History from Previous Backup: Hey all, I recently reset my computer to try and troubleshoot something because nothing else was working I know, not a great idea. It wiped everything, obviously. I put a backup onto my external drive before the reset, so it has a folder called FileHistory with what I...
  8. Can't search documents using 'find' in Windows 10

Can't search documents using 'find' in Windows 10: Hi, I have a new PC with Windows 10 (previously had Windows 7). I could easily search any document in Windows 7 by hitting the 'find' option in the document and typing in a key word. In windows 10 the same process doesn't 'find' anything. Help please as I use this function a...
  9. Can't find scanned documents in computer?

Can't find scanned documents in computer?: Have Windows10..cannot find Scanned documents in file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-scanned-documents-in-computer/dd9d2d35-8feb-46e3-a855-c01a7d949e30"
  10. Windows 10 can't find files! :(

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 can't find files! :(: I just had a clean install of Windows 10. I'm getting things working little by little but there's one really big thing I need help with. Win 10 search seems to be broken! When I try to search for a file, only maybe the same few files come up on the screen. I have to use File...