Windows 10: cant find product key? i upgraded to windows 10 from 7

Discus and support cant find product key? i upgraded to windows 10 from 7 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; sad day https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-product-key-i-upgraded-to-windows-10/d7675024-59a5-4f1e-8462-97f5a837f165 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by anon1776, Jan 5, 2021.

1. anon1776 Win User

cant find product key? i upgraded to windows 10 from 7

sad day

:)

anon1776, Jan 5, 2021

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jan 5, 2021
  3. How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Will windows 10 still accept the license keys from 7 and 8 now if I reinstall my computer?

Does Microsoft keep a list of users who upgraded to Win 10 using their 7 and 8 keys so that when users need to reinstall windows 10 the old keys would work?

Do I need to call in Microsoft to ask them to activate my Windows 10 when I give them my win 7 keys?

Both computers are laptops. The windows 7 machine had the serial printed on the back, and I needed to enter that when I upgraded to 10. The windows 8 machine had the serial built in inside its boot system so I didn't need to enter the key when I upgraded to 10, but I did manage to write down the keys using a fetcher program.

JebusPrime, Jan 5, 2021
  4. cant find product key? i upgraded to windows 10 from 7

windows 10 key

Yea, and with the new release it will upgrade with just the key........Done that with win 7, 8, and 8.1

stinger608, Jan 5, 2021
Thema:

cant find product key? i upgraded to windows 10 from 7

1. cant find product key? i upgraded to windows 10 from 7 - Similar Threads - cant find product

2. Finding product key on a laptop that has been upgraded from windows 7 to 10 Home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Finding product key on a laptop that has been upgraded from windows 7 to 10 Home: I have a laptop currently operating windows 10 home. It was originally on windows 7. Is there a way to find my product key label rubbed off, before I try restoring/fresh start?...
  3. Finding product key on a laptop that has been upgraded from windows 7 to 10 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Finding product key on a laptop that has been upgraded from windows 7 to 10 Home: I have a laptop currently operating windows 10 home. It was originally on windows 7. Is there a way to find my product key label rubbed off, before I try restoring/fresh start?...
  4. Finding product key on a laptop that has been upgraded from windows 7 to 10 Home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I cant find my product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant find my product key: I updated my Bios and now I need to reactivate Windows with my Product key but I don’t got the key anymore. Is there anything I can do about it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-find-my-product-key/9e9bbb69-7b63-4da0-a81c-73aca5f5ce08
  6. I cant find my product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant find my product key: I updated my Bios and now I need to reactivate Windows with my Product key but I don’t got the key anymore. Is there anything I can do about it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-find-my-product-key/9e9bbb69-7b63-4da0-a81c-73aca5f5ce08
  7. Upgrade from Windows 7 to 10: Product key retrieval

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrade from Windows 7 to 10: Product key retrieval: I am trying to upgrade my Windows 7 Professional to Windows 10. This is an old laptop which I'm trying to salvage. Unfortunately the sticker containing the key is gone. Is there anyway to retrieve the product key in a safe manner ? I want to avoid suspicious Third party...
  8. Can't find Original Product Key - Upgraded from 7/8 to 10

Can't find Original Product Key - Upgraded from 7/8 to 10: So basically I bought windows 7 or 8 (can't even remember) and I used my university email back then. Since then I graduated and I have no longer access to my old E-Mail account and the receipt from Microsoft. Since then I upgraded to 10 and a few days ago I bought a new PC....
  9. i cant find my product key

i cant find my product key: good morning from here, please how can i activate my windows, i cant locate the product key for activation. thanks so much https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-find-my-product-key/823aa6e6-e668-463b-8548-ff561f38bad4"
  10. Find Windows 7 Product Key after Windows 10 Upgrade

Find Windows 7 Product Key after Windows 10 Upgrade: One of my customers donated an old tower to me. It had windows 7 on it, but was Upgraded to 10, and I think 10 Clobbered it so it would not run...but cannot be sure. I fixed it and it is running pretty well with 10, but I might like to install Windows 7 on here also at some...