Windows 10: cant find programs and apps

Discus and support cant find programs and apps in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; i recently installed a new windows onto my ssd from my hdd, everything went as planned and it booted just fine. when i was on my desktop i searched for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Lewisstewart3, Feb 23, 2021.

1. cant find programs and apps

i recently installed a new windows onto my ssd from my hdd, everything went as planned and it booted just fine. when i was on my desktop i searched for discord in the search bar bottom left next to the windows icon, it didnt show up, neither did steam or any of my programs. none of my pictures or videos are in my folders either but my hard drive is still full, i know theyre there but i dont know how to get access to them.

:)

Lewisstewart3, Feb 23, 2021

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Feb 23, 2021
  3. NOPD Win User
    Programs Missing From Control Panel List

I was able to get rid of XNVIEW by downloading it and using it's own uninstaller.
    Have tried method suggested by Pyramid 10 with photoscape without success.
    Can't figure out how to do what is asked.

Your next suggestion?

4. Brink Win User

cant find programs and apps

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. cant find programs and apps :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

cant find programs and apps

1. cant find programs and apps - Similar Threads - cant find programs

2. I cant find my installed apps???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant find my installed apps???: I have apps installed on my pc which is windows 11 but when i search it in the search tab its not there at all my apps in task manager and startup apps are missing too which is frustrating since i cant disable it is there anyway to fix this???...
  3. I cant find my installed apps???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant find my installed apps???: I have apps installed on my pc which is windows 11 but when i search it in the search tab its not there at all my apps in task manager and startup apps are missing too which is frustrating since i cant disable it is there anyway to fix this???...
  4. Windows tries to uninstall program but cant find it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows tries to uninstall program but cant find it.: im trying to uninstall a game i dont play, However windows cant find it. When i go to add/remove programs it appears in the drop down list, but when i try downloading it, it says windows cant find 'file directory' make sure you typed the name correctly and try again....
  5. Windows tries to uninstall program but cant find it.

Windows tries to uninstall program but cant find it.: im trying to uninstall a game i dont play, However windows cant find it. When i go to add/remove programs it appears in the drop down list, but when i try downloading it, it says windows cant find 'file directory' make sure you typed the name correctly and try again....
  6. Purchased an app on store, but cant find it in PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Purchased an app on store, but cant find it in PC: I recently purchased Minecraft for my doughter, i cant find it on her PC, on her Store Page it says she allready owns it, but there is no download button, no run buton nothing. Tried the same with my Laptop on my account and for me it worked with no problem....
  7. Purchased an app on store, but cant find it in PC

Purchased an app on store, but cant find it in PC: I recently purchased Minecraft for my doughter, i cant find it on her PC, on her Store Page it says she allready owns it, but there is no download button, no run buton nothing. Tried the same with my Laptop on my account and for me it worked with no problem....
  8. Windows cant find an app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows cant find an app: I don't know what to do anymore i've tired everything to fix this issue it all started when i restored my PC to a restore point and it happend i tried uninstalled and reinstalled , i changed the name of the app i booted into safe mode changed the install location. Please...
  9. Cant run certain app program

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cant run certain app program: I clean my registry. But i 4got to back it up.now, i cant click "file folder>options".Cant use system restore "error 0x80073b01 the resource cache doesnt have loaded mui entry" both in safe mode and normal mode.. And repairing windows failed.please help...
  10. Windows cannot find apps / programs

Windows cannot find apps / programs: Apps / programs have started to disappear. Then when I download them again I get notified that Windows cannot find them, even when they are staring me in the face. What is going on? [img] 95906