Windows 10: cant find programs and apps

Discus and support cant find programs and apps in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; i recently installed a new windows onto my ssd from my hdd, everything went as planned and it booted just fine. when i was on my desktop i searched for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Lewisstewart3, Feb 23, 2021 at 12:07 PM.

1. cant find programs and apps

i recently installed a new windows onto my ssd from my hdd, everything went as planned and it booted just fine. when i was on my desktop i searched for discord in the search bar bottom left next to the windows icon, it didnt show up, neither did steam or any of my programs. none of my pictures or videos are in my folders either but my hard drive is still full, i know theyre there but i dont know how to get access to them.

:)

Lewisstewart3, Feb 23, 2021 at 12:07 PM

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

3. NOPD Win User
    Programs Missing From Control Panel List

I was able to get rid of XNVIEW by downloading it and using it's own uninstaller.
    Have tried method suggested by Pyramid 10 with photoscape without success.
    Can't figure out how to do what is asked.

Your next suggestion?

4. Brink Win User

cant find programs and apps

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. cant find programs and apps :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Thema:

cant find programs and apps

1. cant find programs and apps - Similar Threads - cant find programs

2. cant find screenshots

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cant find screenshots: Hello Microsoft, when I take screenshots, about half of screenshots are saved in [one drive > screenshots], and the other half disappears to a file I cant find. Do you know where I can find these pictures and what I can do so this wont happen again ? - thank you...
  3. Cant Find notepad

Cant Find notepad: I have tried many times in windows search , but i cant find it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-notepad/6bd4cb7e-caeb-4393-875e-2c17a2fd7b01
  4. Cant delete Program Apps and WindowsApps folder...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant delete Program Apps and WindowsApps folder...: So basically I wanted to change my default program installation folder.. In system settings I changed it to disk E. Than I changed it back and now I cant delete these 2 folders. Both have 0 bytes and when I want to delete them it says "You require permission from SYSTEM to...
  5. Cant Find Driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cant Find Driver: I have a High Point RocketRAID 640L Internal 4 SATA Port PCI-Express 2.0 x4 SATA 6Gb/s RAID Controller -Lite Version and I am unable to locate the driver for it. No software came with the device so I'm thinking it should be automatic somehow. Should I remove the device and...
  6. Windows cant find an app

Windows cant find an app: I don't know what to do anymore i've tired everything to fix this issue it all started when i restored my PC to a restore point and it happend i tried uninstalled and reinstalled , i changed the name of the app i booted into safe mode changed the install location. Please...
  7. Cant find CAMERA

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cant find CAMERA: i have windows 10 and only since a week the camera doesnt open when you click on it. i have tried checking antivirus if its blocking the camera app The webcam option in device managers is also not visible (neither in imaging devices or sound, video and game controllers as...
  8. Cant run certain app program

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cant run certain app program: I clean my registry. But i 4got to back it up.now, i cant click "file folder>options".Cant use system restore "error 0x80073b01 the resource cache doesnt have loaded mui entry" both in safe mode and normal mode.. And repairing windows failed.please help...
  9. windows search cant find certain apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows search cant find certain apps: So when i use windows search for some reason when i type control panel or run neither of them appear anymore. I was having a issue with search before and rebuild the index could that have had a effect on it. 12805
  10. Windows cannot find apps / programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows cannot find apps / programs: Apps / programs have started to disappear. Then when I download them again I get notified that Windows cannot find them, even when they are staring me in the face. What is going on? [img] 95906