Windows 10: Can't find Properties when I right click on Taskbar

Discus and support Can't find Properties when I right click on Taskbar in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Can't find Properties when I right click on Task bar. Hi my VPN Provider is trying to help me keep their app icon to display correctly in system tray,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by elvisthepelvis, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Can't find Properties when I right click on Taskbar

Can't find Properties when I right click on Task bar.
    Hi my VPN Provider is trying to help me keep their app icon to display correctly in system tray,
    they ask me to right click on Taskbar, and go to Properties,but it is not showing,will attach,operating system,new monitor and picture when I try to follow instructions,
    please help,many thanks.
    Can't find Properties when I right click on Taskbar [​IMG]

:)

elvisthepelvis, Sep 20, 2017

2. how to increase icons in taskbar in Windows 10?

I cannot find this option. When I right click on Taskbar, Properties does not show as an option.

Julia Burns, Sep 20, 2017
  3. date and time missing from taskbar

For some reason I can't see the date and time on the taskbar in Windows 10. I know the date is there because when I hover over where it should be it shows in the tooltip. I thought the font and background might be set to the same color but that doesn't
    seem to be it. I'm not using the small icons on the taskbar. One suggestion I found says to right-click on the taskbar for properties but there isn't an empty spot to right-click on. I must be missing an easy solution but I can't find the correct setting.
    Can someone help?

mdyoung2004, Sep 20, 2017
  4. Plankton Win User

Can't find Properties when I right click on Taskbar

Plankton, Sep 20, 2017
  5. dalchina New Member
    Or just open Settings, search for taskbar....

dalchina, Sep 20, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    It hasn't appeared as 'Properties' since version 1511 when it would open the taskbar's settings in Control Panel. In 1607 these settings were removed from Control Panel and added to the Settings app. The right-click item was renamed 'Settings' to reflect this change. In 1703 the name changed again to 'Taskbar settings' but otherwise behaved as it did in 1607.

The setting you want is now in Settings > Personalization > Taskbar > Select which items appear on the taskbar.

7. Hi,thanks for all your replies,but what I am trying to do is get my vpn providers icon to stay in the icon tray as it should do connected or not,my vpn providers icon is not in settings, here are some screen shots,many thanks.

elvisthepelvis, Sep 21, 2017
  8. Bree New Member

Your screenshot of the desktop doesn't include the notification area of your taskbar. I assume therefore that it's the larger icon that appears on the taskbar that you are concerned with, not the little ones that are in the notification area near the clock (which are what that settings page is for).

If so, when your VPN icon is visible on the taskbar, try right-clicking on it and pin it to the taskbar. See if that helps.

9. Hi,Bree yes it is the notification area near the clock, when vpn is working fine and connected to a server it is green when I disconnect it is red but stays in the icon notification area,the vpn icon in the taskbar is fine

elvisthepelvis, Sep 22, 2017
  10. spunk Win User
  11. Gordon7 Win User

Find the app's icon > Right-click on it > choose "More" > click on "Pin to Taskbar". That should do it. *Wink

Gordon7, Sep 23, 2017
  12. Hi Gordon7 thanks for nice graphic,but I am with Private Internet Access and the issue is not keeping icon in taskbar,it is that when I click on icon in taskbar a small notice appears next to icon tray and says disconnected then you connect to a server once connected it goes green means connected then I can download what ever I need,the issue is when I disconnect the small icon in ICON TRAY NOT TASKBAR, disappears where it should stay in the icon tray bottom right on desktop by the time and speaker buttons,hope that clears things up a bit.
    thanks.

elvisthepelvis, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't find Properties when I right click on Taskbar - Similar Threads - Can't find Properties

2. Can't right click taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't right click taskbar: Hi, today I started having a problem where I couldn't right-click on the task bar. I look up a solution that says to restart 'tiledatamodelsvc'. When I go to check, I notice that my system lacks this service and that even using PS Get-Service -Name 'tiledatamodelsvc' results...
  3. Can't right click taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't right click taskbar: Hi, today I started having a problem where I couldn't right-click on the task bar. I look up a solution that says to restart 'tiledatamodelsvc'. When I go to check, I notice that my system lacks this service and that even using PS Get-Service -Name 'tiledatamodelsvc' results...
  4. Can't right click taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. taskbar unresponsive, can't right click on it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    taskbar unresponsive, can't right click on it: I have an Acer Nitro 5 laptop with Windows 10 pre-installed, the task bar is unresponsive when I log in and I'm unable to access settings, Please help me submitted by /u/thebodmon [link] [comments]...
  6. Can't right click anything in taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't right click anything in taskbar: Following an update I had a few days ago, I can no longer right click anything on my taskbar. It still seems to register that I am right clicking on those icons, as the icon lights up as though I had right clicked on it, but there is no other interaction. submitted by...
  7. Right click on taskbar no longer shows properties option

in Windows 10 Support
    Right click on taskbar no longer shows properties option: ...therefore I am no longer able to auto hide the task bar ot change any of the other config options via that menu option. I have turned tablet mode on and off as advised in this thread Does anyone have any suggestions? .... I see someone else reported this problem as...
  8. Can't right click taskbar icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't right click taskbar icons: I can't right click taskbar apps, left click works as it should but not the right click. Also left clicking start button won't open start menu, right click works on this one as it works on other system icons (volume, network, clock and notification) but not the left click....
  9. No properties on right click

in Windows 10 Support
    No properties on right click: Windows 10 My windows desktop has become strange. right clicking on my taskbar do not show properties. Any window opens maximized without the option to restore or minimize. Menu button missing on the taskbar but exists as an icon on the desktop. The leftmost icon on the...
  10. No Properties menu item when right clicking the taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    No Properties menu item when right clicking the taskbar: I have a clean install of build 14332 No properties menu item when I right click the Taskbar. How can I get to the properties screen? [img] This is the menu I am trying to get to (image from the web not my PC) [img] 51030

Users found this page by searching for:

1. taskbar properties windows 10

2. taskbar and start menu properties

3. cant find taskbar properties

4. Taskbar and Start Menu Properties in Windows 10,
  5. cant see taskbsr properties on dektop,
  6. taskbar and start menu properties windows 10,
  7. cant find properties on task bar,
  8. task bar properties,
  9. i cannot find the properties on windows 10 task bar,
  10. cant find task bar properties,
  11. right clich in task manager and no properties,