Windows 10: Can't find recent download that saved under user/App

Discus and support Can't find recent download that saved under user/App in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I downloaded CentOs7 VM software, but cannot find it anywhere on my computer. It defaulted to a folder that is deeply buried within another folder,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sunshinepeach, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Can't find recent download that saved under user/App

I downloaded CentOs7 VM software, but cannot find it anywhere on my computer. It defaulted to a folder that is deeply buried within another folder, that I cannot seem to find even with keywords. It's not in my downloads. I recall it saying something about App Data, but when I type in that it doesn't take me anywhere useful. I would like to find it but I know I can re-download it. Only thing is, this software is pretty large and I don't want it using up more memory than it already is.

Thanks

:)

sunshinepeach, Sep 6, 2019
  2. Jerry8A Win User

Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Hello -
    Thanks for the return. Before I undertake changing the Registry, I have a question.
    The steps in my Registry, for my version of Windows 10, were a bit different, but I think I eventually got to the right spot.
    The last step is to change the number of places you want to list in Recent Places. In my case, the default Max Display listed 50 as the number. So, if I were to change that number, how do I know the Save As page will be one of those places? Or, a similar question, will this registry change delete the tab Recent from my Save As page? This is what I would like to happen.
    When I received my computer in Nov. 2016, the Recent tab was not listed in the Save As page. Something caused it to be added over time. Which brings me to this second question. Would there be any benefit in deleting the changed registry listing and reverting back to the default listing? See attachment.
    Jerry

Jerry8A, Sep 6, 2019
  3. Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Have you tried the following? how to disable "recent places" in MS Word? - Super User

jaamulberry, Sep 6, 2019
  4. Can't find recent download that saved under user/App

After downloading apps-download disappear (It did not show up the setup apps).

Hi,

To assist you better, please answer the below:

1. Which browser are you using to download the apps?

2. Did you see the download progress is completed successfully?

3. Where exactly(location) you are looking for the downloaded app?

4. Is this issue specific with Java and Flash Player?

5. Did you try downloading some other app and check if the same issue occurs?

I suggest you to download all the windows updates and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below:

• On the search bar type Settings.
    • Click on Update and Security.
    • Click on Check for Updates.
    • Read and accept the license terms, and then tap or click Finish if the update requires it.
    Also, I suggest you to set the download location for Internet Explorer and download apps using Explorer and check.

Follow the steps below:

• Open Internet Explorer.
    • Access the settings menu by clicking on the settings icon
      (it is a round gear shape near the top right of the Internet Explorer browser).
    • Choose "View downloads" from the menu. This will bring up the Downloads window.

• Click on "Options."

• Press the Browse button and browse to the folder where you want to download to be saved.

• Confirm with the OK button to assign the new download location. The downloads you perform from hereon will be saved in the folder that you have chosen.

If you are using Edge browser for downloading apps, please follow the steps below to find the downloaded app if it is completed successfully.

• Open the Microsoft Edge app.
    • Click on the Hub button on the right top corner of the screen (next to save favorites).
    • Click on Downloads button in the Hub, and click on the Open folder link.

Revert to us with the requested information and the results of the steps provided. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Sep 6, 2019
Thema:

Can't find recent download that saved under user/App

1. Can't find recent download that saved under user/App - Similar Threads - Can't find recent

2. can't download or find apps in microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't download or find apps in microsoft store: I want to download an app called "Ready for Assistant" from Lenovo/moto company, but I can't seem to find it. I also followed a link to that app which opens the store but still doesn't get me to the install page, it behaves like it never existed. I've tried this with...
  3. can't download or find apps in microsoft store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't download or find apps in microsoft store: I want to download an app called "Ready for Assistant" from Lenovo/moto company, but I can't seem to find it. I also followed a link to that app which opens the store but still doesn't get me to the install page, it behaves like it never existed. I've tried this with...
  4. can't download or find apps in microsoft store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. Not "recent" files under recent

Not "recent" files under recent: Hi, When I open my file folder there are multiple documents that were created years ago, have not been accessed or altered since but are showing up in "recent" with todays date in one drive. Any idea why? Thank you...
  6. can't find saved documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't find saved documents: My computer is about 15 months old with Office Home and Student and was a warranty replacement. I was able to transfer data from the old to the new and this worked well until recently. Several weeks ago I transferred to Windows 11 - no problem. I have now found nearly all my...
  7. can't find saved documents

can't find saved documents: My computer is about 15 months old with Office Home and Student and was a warranty replacement. I was able to transfer data from the old to the new and this worked well until recently. Several weeks ago I transferred to Windows 11 - no problem. I have now found nearly all my...
  8. Can't find Saved page

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't find Saved page: All I did was click Save. It is a newspaper page. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-saved-page/c0d40ad2-ba88-46bc-a27b-017610df85c5
  9. Can't find a downloaded app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't find a downloaded app: I have downloaded the Scanmarker Air app from Google Play. Google Play says it is Installed. I did try installing it gain but, of course, it said it was already installed on my device. I have checked All Apps, performed a general search on the laptop and checked Explorer...
  10. Can't find downloaded apps on my device

Can't find downloaded apps on my device: Hello. I downloaded two apps from microsoft store but I can't find them anywhere on my device. When I tried to download them again, the dialog said I already own the apps, but I just can't seem to find them on the device. What shoud I do?...