Windows 10: Can't find recovery environment windows 10

Discus and support Can't find recovery environment windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi guys, good day. I need your help regarding with reseting my laptop. I clone my OS from hdd to ssd using easeUS. after cloning I formatted my hdd... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by stonebato, Aug 22, 2016.

1. stonebato Win User

Can't find recovery environment windows 10

Hi guys, good day. I need your help regarding with reseting my laptop. I clone my OS from hdd to ssd using easeUS. after cloning I formatted my hdd since I'm confident that everything is ok. now I can't reset my laptop because of this error. I had tried these steps below but it's not working.
    diskpart
    select disk 0
    list partition
    select partition
    set id

your help is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.
    Can't find recovery environment windows 10 [​IMG]

:)

stonebato, Aug 22, 2016

2. Can't reset Windows 10; Could not find Recovery Environment.

thank you
    Likhitha V
    for deleting all my files on my external hard drive ^^

your media creation tool deformated my whole external harddrive Can't find recovery environment windows 10 :D

Master Raxer, Aug 22, 2016
  3. Can't reset Windows 10; Could not find Recovery Environment.

i am able to create a recovery media, but my system is a custom build, so will i not have to enter in a new product key? if you can help me that would be greatly appreciated!

Cole_Robertson, Aug 22, 2016
  4. topgundcp Win User

Type reagentc /enable to see if it fixes.

topgundcp, Aug 22, 2016
  5. stonebato Win User
    hi topgundcp. I already did that. it didn't work.

stonebato, Aug 22, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    That would be because that partition was never saved when you did the image. It is looking for the OEM Recovery Partition. The Recovery Partition is always the last partition in the partition table.

bro67, Aug 22, 2016
  7. EdTittel Win User
    Dear Bro67:
    I beg to differ: the recovery partition does not have to be the last partition in the disk layout. Here's my (working) boot drive, for example, which has it in position 1:

My research tells me that the recovery partition can occur either before or after the EFI (if present) and boot/sys partitions. What I think the OP is dealing with is something gone awry in the disk cloning operation. It seems like rebuilding a new recovery partition or repairing the existing disk layout would be the right way(s) to proceed from here. Thoughts?
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Aug 22, 2016
  8. bro67 Win User

That recovery is not the OEM recovery. It is for Windows to keep restore points. An actual Recovery partition would be over 10gb. What the OP has at the end on both of those drives is the actual recovery partition. It is just that whatever they did, they did not do the image copy properly.

It is really not even needed, because OEM recovery partitions are OOB (Out Of Box), with all of the garbage they pre-package with your computer.

bro67, Aug 22, 2016
  9. A Corrupted Installation I think...
    Download Windows 10 on a USB from this tool...
    Windows 10
    Boot from It.. Choose repair your computer..
    Now you can go in WinRE and do a RESET.
    If it fails and you have important data on computer.. Than go for a parallal installation of windows.

manish9009, Aug 22, 2016
  10. Saltgrass Win User
    Most OEM installs have two recovery partitions. The first, smaller, is for the Recovery Tools with the second being for some type of Factory Image or OEM supplied utilities.

You need to set up a path to the Winre.wim file in the smaller recovery partition. You probably need to run the Setreimage switch on the Reagentc utility to set the correct path.

If you run the mountvol command in an Administrative command prompt you can find the volume location for the 450 MB partition on the SSD, which can be used to set the path for the Recovery Tools..

Having a cloned drive on the same system causes confusion...

Did you include the MSR partition when you cloned the SSD?

Saltgrass, Aug 22, 2016
  11. topgundcp Win User
    Try:
    REAGENTC.EXE /setreimage /path \\?\GLOBALROOT\device\harddisk0\partition4\Recovery\WindowsRE
    Then run:
    REAGENTC.EXE /setreimage
    and post result.

If nothing works then you can try what I posted here. This member had the same problem as yours:
    Solved Old Recovery partition - Windows 10 Forums

topgundcp, Aug 22, 2016
  12. stonebato Win User
    hi Saltgrass. I think I copied every partition in my drive C as you can see in my disk management.

stonebato, Aug 23, 2016
  13. stonebato Win User

hi topgundcp. it failed.

stonebato, Aug 23, 2016
  14. simrick Win User
    You need to right-click the Start button and select Command Prompt (Admin) in order to run the commands.

simrick, Aug 23, 2016
  15. stonebato Win User
    Hi Simrick. I'm running the command prompt (admin). still failed

stonebato, Aug 23, 2016
Thema:

1. Can't find recovery environment windows 10 - Similar Threads - Can't find recovery

2. could not find the recovery environment

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    could not find the recovery environment: exact error im getting ^I've done everything a previous forum post had done and nothing has worked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-reset-windows-10-could-not-find-recovery/58cc7a57-ec3d-432b-b3a8-619b73805f1a said forum post and i have a 64gb brand...
  3. could not find the recovery environment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    could not find the recovery environment: exact error im getting ^I've done everything a previous forum post had done and nothing has worked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-reset-windows-10-could-not-find-recovery/58cc7a57-ec3d-432b-b3a8-619b73805f1a said forum post and i have a 64gb brand...
  4. could not find the recovery environment

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Could not find the recovery environment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Could not find the recovery environment: Could not find the recovery environment corporate application IT doesn't know what to do please provide instruction https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/could-not-find-the-recovery-environment/4ef99641-7954-4910-862d-f2e225083209
  6. Could not find the recovery environment

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Could not find the recovery environment: Could not find the recovery environment corporate application IT doesn't know what to do please provide instruction https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/could-not-find-the-recovery-environment/4ef99641-7954-4910-862d-f2e225083209
  7. Could not find the recovery environment

Could not find the recovery environment: Hi, I've been wanting to reset my laptop for a while now and the other day I tried to do it, but when I clicked reset this PC Windows said that it could not find the recovery environment. I tried to enable it but that didn't work and when I go to System32/Recovery/ only...
  8. Cannot Find Recovery Environment

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot Find Recovery Environment: Hi, i have a windows 10 desktop, and some month ago i reset my pc, and it work well. But, now i want to do it again and it show an error message "cannot find recovery environment....". I think it because some time ago merge my disk C and disk D but when i open disk...
  9. Could not find the Recovery Environment in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Could not find the Recovery Environment in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If Windows Recovery Environment is not working and you receive a message Could not find the Recovery Environment in Windows 10, then this post may be able to help you. Sometimes you might face an issue where you cannot boot [...] This post Could not find the...
  10. "Could not find the recovery environment."

"Could not find the recovery environment.": I'm trying to reset my pc and it keeps giving me this message. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/could-not-find-the-recovery-environment/7fb25aa2-515e-4e2c-a144-ae79645eba9d

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant find recovery environment windows 10 easeus