Windows 10: can't find shared printer located on win 7 host computer

Discus and support can't find shared printer located on win 7 host computer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a cannon d300 printer on a win 7 host computer. I am trying to connect a win 10 lap top to it. The laptop sees the printer but will not cause... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Albert Nowo, Jul 8, 2019.

1. can't find shared printer located on win 7 host computer

I have a cannon d300 printer on a win 7 host computer. I am trying to connect a win 10 lap top to it. The laptop sees the printer but will not cause it to print. Troubleshooter says no issue found

:)

Albert Nowo, Jul 8, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Can't share printer—getting error message

Step 1: Go to store.
    Step 2: Buy a less shitty printer.
    Step 3: Pick up some beer while you are there.
    Step 4: Enjoy both your new printer and your beer.

In all seriousness, I have had more issues with Lexmark printers and their shitty drivers then any other manufacturer, HP is a close second though.

However, if you don't want to get a new printer*Laugh :laugh:, and I can understand that, when my Lexmark was giving me the same troubles in Win7(and Vista) I had to make sure the Windows firewall was ON and the firewall service was enabled and running. After I shared it I could re-disable the firewall and firewall services.

newtekie1, Jul 8, 2019
  3. HAT
    hat Win User
    Can't share printer—getting error message

Ok, I'm going to take this one step further... I moved the printer to my server (thoroughbred) and it will handle the printing from now on. Now I won't have printer drivers on my gaming machine...

I'm a bit worried about sharing it between a 32-bit xp system and a 64-bit 7 system, though

4. can't find shared printer located on win 7 host computer

Network-Shared Printer: Remote Printing changes default printer on *host*

Problem Description (encountered multiple times at several customers' networks):

Although the "Let Windows manage default printer" ist disabled (HKCU\\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows LegacyDefaultPrinterMode set to 1), the default printer on a hosting win 10 pc is getting changed as soon as another remote win10-host
    is printing to that shared printer.

For example:

An arbitrary USB printer is attached to host A and shared via local network.

Additionally, another printer is attached to host A and is the system's default printer (and is supposed to stay like that!).

Now when a user starts printing on host B to the shared printer on host A, the default printer on *host A* is getting changed to the shared printer instead of the other one.

Is this an already known bug in Win 10 (Build 1511 btw.)? Are there any known workarounds?

ChristianFonden, Jul 8, 2019
Thema:

can't find shared printer located on win 7 host computer

1. can't find shared printer located on win 7 host computer - Similar Threads - can't find shared

2. win 11 computer cannot connect to server host computer's shared printer, also win 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    win 11 computer cannot connect to server host computer's shared printer, also win 11.: win 11 computer cannot connect to server host computer's shared printer, also win 11. "Resource is on line but isn't responding to connection attempts". I have gone through multiple setting procedures but no success so far. When the printer was hosted on a win 10 machine it...
  3. win 11 computer cannot connect to server host computer's shared printer, also win 11.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    win 11 computer cannot connect to server host computer's shared printer, also win 11.: win 11 computer cannot connect to server host computer's shared printer, also win 11. "Resource is on line but isn't responding to connection attempts". I have gone through multiple setting procedures but no success so far. When the printer was hosted on a win 10 machine it...
  4. Host Computer can't share Quickbook files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Host Computer can't share Quickbook files.: Have Quickbook QB files stored on host computer sharing to one workstation. After upgrading to Windows 11, the host computer will no longer allow access to the QB files in the Documents folder. I have tried Geek Squad and QB tech support. No resolutions yet....
  5. Host Computer can't share Quickbook files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Host Computer can't share Quickbook files.: Have Quickbook QB files stored on host computer sharing to one workstation. After upgrading to Windows 11, the host computer will no longer allow access to the QB files in the Documents folder. I have tried Geek Squad and QB tech support. No resolutions yet....
  6. Computer on Ethernet can't find printer on Wifi

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer on Ethernet can't find printer on Wifi: Set up is Modem -> Router -> ethernet to computer ----------------------> Printer connected via WIFI to router I used to be able to print but now it won't even find it. I have turned on the Network sharing settings r/t printing and finding local devices. The Brother...
  7. computer can't find printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    computer can't find printer: I deleted and reinstalled the HP printer driver. The computer and printer are on the same wireless network. The troubleshooting haven't given any useful solutions.Under PRINTERS AND DEVICES manage button I attempt to set printer device as default. I am getting an ERROR...
  8. Share printer wont find

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Share printer wont find: how to add a Share printer which is in same network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/share-printer-wont-find/3e8dc33d-d6af-4fa5-987c-0589b3869d77
  9. Win 10 computer unable to access shared files on Win 7 computer

Win 10 computer unable to access shared files on Win 7 computer: I have two desktop computers on a wired home network -- one running Win 10 (update 1903) and the other running Win 7. I have been able to share files between the two computers until about a week ago when the Win 10 computer started getting getting the message "Windows cannot...
  10. Sharing - Win 7 Share - Win 10 access

Sharing - Win 7 Share - Win 10 access: Just added a new Win 10 Pro desktop to the network. It needs to access a Win 7 desktop shared folder. I get the error message Windows cannot access \\NAComp1-PC Check the spelling of the name. Otherwise, there might be a network problem. 0x80070035 The network path...