Windows 10: cant find "sleep" option anywhere!?

Discus and support cant find "sleep" option anywhere!? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi. Today i noticed that there is no sleep option under "power" in START.The same goes for sleep in "advanced power options",there r also no settings... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ddmeltzer8, Aug 5, 2019.

1. cant find "sleep" option anywhere!?

Hi.

Today i noticed that there is no sleep option under "power" in START.The same goes for sleep in "advanced power options",there r also no settings under "processor power management".

Please help!

Thanks in advance.

:)

ddmeltzer8, Aug 5, 2019

2. Sleep option

Hi Remon,

I tried what you suggested, but I did not see a sleep option listed in the settings for the power options. There was a "hibernate" option, but I don't think that is the same as the sleep option which I had prior to the last update. Also, since the update,
    my graphics, images, and fonts are slightly distorted.

Thanks,

John

JohnBuckley_016, Aug 5, 2019
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    Sleep option

Hi John,

The issue might be due to a disabled sleep to show in Power menu
    option in Control Panel.

We would like to ask for some information:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Can you provide us with a screenshot?

In the meantime, please check if the sleep to show in Power menu
    option in Control Panel is enabled using the steps below:

• Type Control Panel on the search box and press Enter.
    • Select System and Security, then Power Options.
    • Click on Choose what the power buttons do.
    • Put a check-mark on the Sleep-Show in Power menu box.

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Aug 5, 2019
  4. Arul_D Win User

cant find "sleep" option anywhere!?

No sleep option

Hi Ashwin,

I suggest you to check if you can get the sleep option in other accounts if you have to test the issue.

If the option is not available in all accounts, you may run the Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) tool which fixes the Windows corruption error if there are any. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows+X.

• Click on Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type the command DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
        and hit Enter.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

You can follow the steps in the following article:

System file check (SFC) Scan and Repair System Files & DISM to fix things SFC cannot

Please update us with the status. We will be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, Aug 5, 2019
Thema:

cant find "sleep" option anywhere!?

1. cant find "sleep" option anywhere!? - Similar Threads - cant find sleep

2. Cant find CAMERA

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cant find CAMERA: i have windows 10 and only since a week the camera doesnt open when you click on it. i have tried checking antivirus if its blocking the camera app The webcam option in device managers is also not visible (neither in imaging devices or sound, video and game controllers as...
  3. No Game DVR Option Anywhere

in Windows 10 Customization
    No Game DVR Option Anywhere: I can't find an option to enable/disable Game DVR option on my Xbox app and the one in pc settings just shows me where the clips are stored. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-game-dvr-option-anywhere/300b43de-69f6-4f3d-8fe9-72a680854344
  4. cant find os

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    cant find os: I am in need of serious help. I didn't really have much space on my os drive so I wanted to format my other internal hard disk. I used easeus partition master and it trashed my pc.Now,I cant boot onto my original os.My computer detects the hard drive but doesn't boot.Any...
  5. i cant find the touch keyboard option (the keyboard with emoji)?

i cant find the touch keyboard option (the keyboard with emoji)?: i cant find the touch keyboard option (the keyboard with emoji)! its neither on the right hand side of the taskbar, it simply got disappeared....
  6. I cant find my Windows Defender option

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I cant find my Windows Defender option: I cant find my Windows Defender option. Please can someone help me out! [img] 116207
  7. cant change battery sleep and hibernate option

cant change battery sleep and hibernate option: Dear community Can anyone tell me how to reach a live person at Microsoft. I tried the chat feature and it made me go thru all kinds of insane mesures to set up an account which was basically send me in circles. I gave up. I have tried everything under the sun to change the...
  8. Cant find bcm94360hmb driver anywhere for network card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cant find bcm94360hmb driver anywhere for network card: My network card aw-cb160h has been acting strange lately while other devices are online it remains offline sometimes and the speed has been slow, it started recently and it helps when i disable and enable the card in device manager Before buying a new adapter i thought i...
  9. BSOD (GreenSOD?) - Unable to find a solution anywhere

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD (GreenSOD?) - Unable to find a solution anywhere: The primary display goes solid green and the secondary screen goes black. The audio - if playing - repeats the last few milliseconds of whatever was playing just before the screen changed. I should mention that this doesn't happen very frequently. Usually once every few...
  10. HELP! I can't find a fix for this anywhere..

in Windows 10 Support
    HELP! I can't find a fix for this anywhere..: hello, I got myself into twinUI mode, I do not know how to get out of it! Currently, all the default apps from windows are: "twinui" on my windows (image1 below). image 1 [img] Everything was normal an hour ago, but then I was searching for "fixing the...