Windows 10: Can't find source photos for a shared album on Google Photos

Discus and support Can't find source photos for a shared album on Google Photos in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I few months ago I uploaded photos to an album in my Google Photos account (on my PC Windows 10), then shared that album. I tried going back into that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Paul_250, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Paul_250 Win User

Can't find source photos for a shared album on Google Photos

I few months ago I uploaded photos to an album in my Google Photos account (on my PC Windows 10), then shared that album. I tried going back into that album today and could not find either the photos or the album. However, I can still view the photos via the shared link created several months ago. What happened to my photos and how do I access them so I can edit the album?

:)

Paul_250, Sep 14, 2019
  2. Ben N Win User

Why did the photos app auto-create a random photo album?

The automatic album creation is a new feature:

(Source: Microsoft documentation.) It didn't add all the photos taken on that date because it thought some were too similar to others:

Date and time are definitely taken into account when grouping the photos; a CNET article suggests there might be more complex logic too:

The location would be determined from information embedded in the picture by the device that took it.

Concerning the uninvited appearance of the app: That seems to be a bug experienced by many people with the management of Universal app processes. For some, it's caused by a certain version of DisplayFusion.

Ben N, Sep 14, 2019
  3. shuggans Win User
    Photo Album Page

Hey everyone, I was wonderi ng if there is a way I can get a code to put in my html source that creates a photo album page using every picture in a directory? Any help would be great

shuggans, Sep 14, 2019
  4. Ravenas Win User

Photo Album Page

This is best done with Flash or PHP.

Ravenas, Sep 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Can't find source photos for a shared album on Google Photos - Similar Threads - Can't find source

2. Sharing photo albums

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sharing photo albums: I am using microsoft photos on my pc and would like to share the albums I've worked on with my icloud drive, but I'm not sure how to do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sharing-photo-albums/b64e0185-64e1-438c-bcc5-0058bf0878ad
  3. Finding Photo App album

Finding Photo App album: Where do I find a photo app album? I would like to find the file in explorer so I can copy and paste it to a USB device. When I'm in the app I can see the album and the photos in it but can't find a way to select it to copy. An earlier post stated to use the 'select' prompt...
  4. photo album

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    photo album: i scan photos, save them, then can't find them again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-album/3b68fd48-22d8-4682-81ab-4ca8afee7100"
  5. photo albums

in Windows 10 Customization
    photo albums: I set up an album using windows 10 but when i display the album it only shows selected photos.how do you change the storyboard to include all the photos chosen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-albums/7526ae66-5392-44b0-9ef7-c45d5a44fc34
  6. MS Photos Albums

MS Photos Albums: I've added photos to my video but it won't go past 3:51 minutes. How do I make it longer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-photos-albums/30bc8f82-edc5-490d-b84c-980ec09ce9f6"
  7. Unable to find albums in Photos app

Unable to find albums in Photos app: As a photographer I don't want my photos stored as place, time, people. can't find things. How can I get my photos back in my albums/files please? The previous Photo Gallery program was far better than the new Apps. for me. ***Original title: Lost my albums as new...
  8. Photos in albums

Photos in albums: how do I rearrange photos in an album? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-in-albums/7c58d5fd-c858-4b9e-9018-95e307057db6"
  9. Photo App Album sharing

Photo App Album sharing: Hello, I am running Windows 10 Home, version 1803. I want to share an Album, using the Photo App.: 1) I click on "Share Album"; 2) I click on "copy a link"; 3) I get the answer "Link copied to clipboard" QUESTION: where/how do I find the "clipboard"on a Windows 10,...
  10. Photo albums

Photo albums: I have created albums for the past 2 years. I can now see the album names but no pictures show when I access the album name. Instead, windows 10 closes the picture app and takes me back to the desktop. Help!...