Windows 10: Can't find source photos for a shared album on Google Photos

Discus and support Can't find source photos for a shared album on Google Photos in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I few months ago I uploaded photos to an album in my Google Photos account (on my PC Windows 10), then shared that album. I tried going back into that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Paul_250, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Paul_250 Win User

Can't find source photos for a shared album on Google Photos

I few months ago I uploaded photos to an album in my Google Photos account (on my PC Windows 10), then shared that album. I tried going back into that album today and could not find either the photos or the album. However, I can still view the photos via the shared link created several months ago. What happened to my photos and how do I access them so I can edit the album?

:)

Paul_250, Sep 14, 2019
  2. Ben N Win User

Why did the photos app auto-create a random photo album?

The automatic album creation is a new feature:

(Source: Microsoft documentation.) It didn't add all the photos taken on that date because it thought some were too similar to others:

Date and time are definitely taken into account when grouping the photos; a CNET article suggests there might be more complex logic too:

The location would be determined from information embedded in the picture by the device that took it.

Concerning the uninvited appearance of the app: That seems to be a bug experienced by many people with the management of Universal app processes. For some, it's caused by a certain version of DisplayFusion.

Ben N, Sep 14, 2019
  3. shuggans Win User
    Photo Album Page

Hey everyone, I was wonderi ng if there is a way I can get a code to put in my html source that creates a photo album page using every picture in a directory? Any help would be great

shuggans, Sep 14, 2019
  4. Ravenas Win User

Photo Album Page

This is best done with Flash or PHP.

Ravenas, Sep 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Can't find source photos for a shared album on Google Photos - Similar Threads - Can't find source

2. Sharing Photo Album

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sharing Photo Album: I would like to send an album from Photos to someone so they can download the photos and create a photobook, mixing them with pictures they already have. Is this possible?. Please help! This is for an 88th birthday present....
  3. New controls for how you share albums in Google Photos

in Windows 10 News
    New controls for how you share albums in Google Photos: While sheltering in place, I’ve been using Google Photos to share snapshots of my daughter with our family, so we can stay connected when we can’t physically see each other. And this has been the case for many people—since the start of...
  4. Sharing photo albums

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sharing photo albums: I am using microsoft photos on my pc and would like to share the albums I've worked on with my icloud drive, but I'm not sure how to do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sharing-photo-albums/b64e0185-64e1-438c-bcc5-0058bf0878ad
  5. Finding Photo App album

Finding Photo App album: Where do I find a photo app album? I would like to find the file in explorer so I can copy and paste it to a USB device. When I'm in the app I can see the album and the photos in it but can't find a way to select it to copy. An earlier post stated to use the 'select' prompt...
  6. photo album

photo album: i scan photos, save them, then can't find them again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-album/3b68fd48-22d8-4682-81ab-4ca8afee7100"
  7. photo albums

in Windows 10 Customization
    photo albums: I set up an album using windows 10 but when i display the album it only shows selected photos.how do you change the storyboard to include all the photos chosen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-albums/7526ae66-5392-44b0-9ef7-c45d5a44fc34
  8. Unable to find albums in Photos app

Unable to find albums in Photos app: As a photographer I don't want my photos stored as place, time, people. can't find things. How can I get my photos back in my albums/files please? The previous Photo Gallery program was far better than the new Apps. for me. ***Original title: Lost my albums as new...
  9. Photos in albums

Photos in albums: how do I rearrange photos in an album? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-in-albums/7c58d5fd-c858-4b9e-9018-95e307057db6"
  10. Photo App Album sharing

Photo App Album sharing: Hello, I am running Windows 10 Home, version 1803. I want to share an Album, using the Photo App.: 1) I click on "Share Album"; 2) I click on "copy a link"; 3) I get the answer "Link copied to clipboard" QUESTION: where/how do I find the "clipboard"on a Windows 10,...