Windows 10: Cant Find System Files After Update

Discus and support Cant Find System Files After Update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Recently after i updated win 10 I found I had 12 GB of system files to delete. But when I checked today i only see 1GB to delete. Where did all the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by yahanna, Jul 1, 2019.

1. yahanna Win User

Cant Find System Files After Update

Recently after i updated win 10 I found I had 12 GB of system files to delete. But when I checked today i only see 1GB to delete. Where did all the system files go? Where do i find them to delete them?

:)

yahanna, Jul 1, 2019
  2. pyramid10 Win User

Extracting Zip Files

Are the step-by-step processes identical? That is, the folder extracted from and the folder extracted to belong to the same hierarchical file system structure. If they are, that suggests mildly the Cumulative Update left an electron or two out of place.

pyramid10, Jul 1, 2019
  3. System 32 files/ programs runs for a while and disappears on Windows 10

Hi Konstantin,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with the processes running on the operating system. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • When exactly does this issue persists?

I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to sign-out from the current user account, restart the computer, resign-in and check with the status of this issue.

Step 2: I suggest you to run SFC scan and check if it helps.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. If a
    Windows Resource Protection (WRP) file is missing or is corrupted, Windows may not behave as expected.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Step 3: Also, I suggest you to install all the pending updates on Windows 10.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue with the required information for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 1, 2019
  4. Cant Find System Files After Update

file system error -1073545193

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

From the description provided, I understand that you are encountering the error message when you are trying to access any media file in the CD/DVD Drive of your computer.

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      sfc/scannow
      and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be happy to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jul 1, 2019
Thema:

Cant Find System Files After Update

1. Cant Find System Files After Update - Similar Threads - Cant Find System

2. System Cannot Find the File Specified

in Windows 10 Customization
    System Cannot Find the File Specified: Hi I've been experiencing this popup every time I start up windows. It just happened and I don't know what's wrong, what caused it and how to remove it. I've been scouring the internet for help but can't seem to find any effective resolution. Please help. [ATTACH]...
  3. Cant find script file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cant find script file: I keep on receiving a Windows script file error saying cannot find script file C:\ness\miner\windows1.vbs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-script-file/146b419b-754b-4360-b1c0-eec8426f46f9
  4. The system cannot find the file specified

in Windows 10 Support
    The system cannot find the file specified: In my downloads folder uis a file/folder I try to delete a file/folder gets message *The system cannot find the file specified.* files/folder will not delete [img] Suggestions? Ideas? 131559
  5. system can not find a file

in Windows 10 Customization
    system can not find a file: when I [IMG]when I switch on my pc this appears. Can someone please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-can-not-find-a-file/ed06508d-f43b-4c22-be89-897e8f71ba5e
  6. My search cant find files

in Cortana
    My search cant find files: i have done everything possible to do. been on so many sites trying to fix it. for some reason when i search i cannot find any files or apps using the start search or in documents search. i have checked my service is running. i have i did few cmd commands. i have tried...
  7. Cant not Find script file "setup.js"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cant not Find script file "setup.js": Windows script file "setup.js" is missing. A message pops up everytime.. :/ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-not-find-script-file-setupjs/56276503-43ff-4166-b8ee-4139543f7de2"
  8. Cant find CAMERA

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cant find CAMERA: i have windows 10 and only since a week the camera doesnt open when you click on it. i have tried checking antivirus if its blocking the camera app The webcam option in device managers is also not visible (neither in imaging devices or sound, video and game controllers as...
  9. The system cannot find the file specified

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    The system cannot find the file specified: When I try to access a file to upload to a hosting site I get “The system cannot find the file specified.” How can I correct this issue? I am currently away from my pc, so I cannot upload any screenshots. Steve 113437
  10. Can't find files in HDD after update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't find files in HDD after update: when I upgraded to windows ten I selected keep nothing when it asked me what files I wanted to keep thing it would delete all the junk I don't need on my pc, but after the upgrade my HDD was just as full as it was before. so I tried to manually delete stuff but now when I...