Windows 10: Cant Find System Files After Update

Discus and support Cant Find System Files After Update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Recently after i updated win 10 I found I had 12 GB of system files to delete. But when I checked today i only see 1GB to delete. Where did all the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by yahanna, Jul 1, 2019.

1. yahanna Win User

Cant Find System Files After Update

Recently after i updated win 10 I found I had 12 GB of system files to delete. But when I checked today i only see 1GB to delete. Where did all the system files go? Where do i find them to delete them?

:)

yahanna, Jul 1, 2019
  2. pyramid10 Win User

Extracting Zip Files

Are the step-by-step processes identical? That is, the folder extracted from and the folder extracted to belong to the same hierarchical file system structure. If they are, that suggests mildly the Cumulative Update left an electron or two out of place.

pyramid10, Jul 1, 2019
  3. System 32 files/ programs runs for a while and disappears on Windows 10

Hi Konstantin,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with the processes running on the operating system. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • When exactly does this issue persists?

I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to sign-out from the current user account, restart the computer, resign-in and check with the status of this issue.

Step 2: I suggest you to run SFC scan and check if it helps.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. If a
    Windows Resource Protection (WRP) file is missing or is corrupted, Windows may not behave as expected.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Step 3: Also, I suggest you to install all the pending updates on Windows 10.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue with the required information for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 1, 2019
  4. Cant Find System Files After Update

file system error -1073545193

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

From the description provided, I understand that you are encountering the error message when you are trying to access any media file in the CD/DVD Drive of your computer.

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      sfc/scannow
      and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be happy to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jul 1, 2019
Thema:

Cant Find System Files After Update

1. Cant Find System Files After Update - Similar Threads - Cant Find System

2. im missing the bluetooth on and off option after updating my system to win11. cant find it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    im missing the bluetooth on and off option after updating my system to win11. cant find it...: i tried a lot ways by now. couldn't make it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-missing-the-bluetooth-on-and-off-option-after/8261e33b-3838-409d-8434-acf9bcf1af55
  3. Cant find the remaining files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cant find the remaining files: i opened the storage settings and it told me that i used 280 GB of storage on c drive and i realize that windows 10 pro of mine takes atleast 30 GB of space and i look for the remaining 250 GB. i was searching in c drive manually per folder and count it all and i can only...
  4. Files that I cant find.

Files that I cant find.: I was downloading a steam game. Then when it was still locating disk space I cancelled it. Now when I try to clear up storage it says there 80 gb being used but when I click on it to fix it. Nothing shows up....
  5. Windows cant find file

Windows cant find file: I am trying to open an excel spreadsheet file that is saved to my desktop. A message keeps coming up saying that Windows can't find C:\Users\Mike_\Desktop and then the file name. I am not very computer savy and I have no clue what I have done. It worked fine yesterday....
  6. Cant find files after windows update on May 13,2020

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cant find files after windows update on May 13,2020: Windows updated yesterday and I can't find the files on my computer. Any ideas on how to retrieve? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-files-after-windows-update-on-may-132020/d1ce2b16-c7e8-4314-9a64-51e244c6590c
  7. Cant find school files

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cant find school files: Hey so I got on my laptop, my Microsoft settings were changed, causing me to not have any of my files for school help!! The laptop wont let me get on my account it brings me to the temporary account on the laptop....
  8. Cant find my files after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cant find my files after Windows 10 update: I had granted permissions for a scheduled restart in my laptop sometime back for a Windows 10 update. Ever since then, everytime I tried to sign in, a temporary user profile would be made up, which was a real pain. I tried to resolve the issue but to no avail. 3 days later I...
  9. We cant find this file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    We cant find this file: Hello, I have created a beutiful video project for my girl's birthday, invested hours... tried opening the project and I get "We cant find this file" on all photos and videos in the storyboard. the folder which I used for importing the photos is accessible and available....
  10. Cant find script file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cant find script file: I keep on receiving a Windows script file error saying cannot find script file C:\ness\miner\windows1.vbs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-script-file/146b419b-754b-4360-b1c0-eec8426f46f9