Windows 10: Cant find the Bitlocker key

Discus and support Cant find the Bitlocker key in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was trying to install the new drivers on my Dell xps 15 9570 (i9, 1tb, 32RAM etc) and It asked me to restart the PC and I did so, but I forgot that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AgonM, Mar 9, 2019.

1. AgonM Win User

Cant find the Bitlocker key

I was trying to install the new drivers on my Dell xps 15 9570 (i9, 1tb, 32RAM etc) and It asked me to restart the PC and I did so, but I forgot that the other drivers were installing and when it tried to boot back up it went into boot loop.

I tried almost all the methods, at the end I even tried to fully reset it but it would ask for a Bitlocker key which I don't know what it is and when I go the website to get the key it just keeps loading and never fully loads (BTW my account is suspended for 1 more month), is there a way to disable bitlocker without entering windows since im in the bootloop and doesn't let me reset or do something else.

Does anyone have an idea on what should I do/fix it? I would really appreciate it.

:)

AgonM, Mar 9, 2019
  2. Xylee Del Win User
    Xylee Del, Mar 9, 2019
  3. Bitlocker Key

Hi,

Thank you for posting your concern. It is good that you know the Bitlocker key to properly get into the computer. To help you turn off the Bitlocker key, you can follow the steps below:

Please make sure you are signed as the Administrator of the computer.

To suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption on an operating system drive

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security
      , and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.

• Click Suspend Protection for the operating system drive.

• A message is displayed, informing you that your data will not be protected while BitLocker is suspended and asking if you want to suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption. Click
      Yes to continue and suspend BitLocker on the drive.

To turn off BitLocker Drive Encryption

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security
      , and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.

• Find the drive on which you want BitLocker Drive Encryption turned off, and click
      Turn Off BitLocker.

• A message is displayed, informing you that the drive will be decrypted and that decryption may take some time. Click
      Decrypt the drive to continue and turn off BitLocker on the drive.

Let us know if this resolves your concern.

Lemuel Cie, Mar 9, 2019
  4. Cant find the Bitlocker key

bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Mar 9, 2019
Thema:

Cant find the Bitlocker key

1. Cant find the Bitlocker key - Similar Threads - Cant find Bitlocker

2. I cant find my bitlocker recovery key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant find my bitlocker recovery key: I looked in my windows account and it's not there https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-find-my-bitlocker-recovery-key/97c514d8-2aae-45d9-a28c-18d05ad3e881
  3. I cant find my bitlocker recovery key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant find my bitlocker recovery key: I looked in my windows account and it's not there https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-find-my-bitlocker-recovery-key/97c514d8-2aae-45d9-a28c-18d05ad3e881
  4. can't find bitlocker key

can't find bitlocker key: My pc has been off fo ra month and now there is a bitclocker recovery key needed i can't find my key on my account even though that on the website i have this pc included in my account devices what can i do...
  5. device disappeared from devices, cant find bitlocker key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    device disappeared from devices, cant find bitlocker key: so... i am in real trouble here.last year my laptop suddenly asked for a bitlocker key after an update, no idea why, didnt even know what bitlocker was.anyway a friend helped me and it turned out i could find it in my microsoft account.but today AGAIN after a windows update i...
  6. device disappeared from devices, cant find bitlocker key

device disappeared from devices, cant find bitlocker key: so... i am in real trouble here.last year my laptop suddenly asked for a bitlocker key after an update, no idea why, didnt even know what bitlocker was.anyway a friend helped me and it turned out i could find it in my microsoft account.but today AGAIN after a windows update i...
  7. device disappeared from devices, cant find bitlocker key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Find bitlocker key

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Find bitlocker key: Something happened and I am suddenly unable to log into Windows. I get a repair message that does not get me anywhere. If I reboot my laptop I get the same message over and over again. There are a few options available,, but they all require that I insert a bitlocker key. I...
  9. Find BitLocker key

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Find BitLocker key: i cant find my bitlocker key that was stored here ***Modified title from: im looking for my bitlockerkey that was store here*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/find-bitlocker-key/58561e36-220d-419f-8077-304321863166
  10. i cant find the bitLocker recovery key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    i cant find the bitLocker recovery key: i have a Lenovo ideapad netbook and a couple months back i went to turn it on after it was unplugged and lost power due to a dead battery but when i plugged back in with the charger cord and powered it back up it now asks for a 32 digit bitlocker recovery key in order to get...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant recover bitlocker key

2. cant find my bitlocker revery key