Windows 10: Can't find "Turn off display" button at power plan options.

Discus and support Can't find "Turn off display" button at power plan options. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey, I just own a new PC, and i cannot found the button of "Turn off Display"... I've read from here that I can go to here:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Direct_Emotion_1079, Apr 10, 2021.

1. Can't find "Turn off display" button at power plan options.

Hey,

I just own a new PC, and i cannot found the button of "Turn off Display"...

I've read from here that I can go to here: "Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Power" and edit the "CsEnabled" registry, but there is no "CsEnabled" registry there.

What should I do now?

This is my W10 version: 19042.867

submitted by /u/Direct_Emotion_1079
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Direct_Emotion_1079, Apr 10, 2021

2. turning off the display option for power button

Hi Caro,

The function to turn off the display on your device only affects the monitor but the rest of the programs still run in the background. On the other hand, sleep mode turns off any unused programs to save energy. To change the power option on your device,
    follow the steps below:

• Type Control Panel in the search box and press Enter.
    • Select Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Power Options.
    • Select Choose what the power buttons do.
    • Under Power and sleep button settings, click the drop-down arrow for
      When I press the power button: option and select Turn off the display.
    • Click Save changes.

Once you're done, check if the music still plays after clicking the power button.

Feel free to post back if you have other concerns.

Darwin Dim, Apr 10, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Home Power Options "Turn off the Display" Power Button Not Available / Not Listed

Hi guys,

I've recently purchased a Dell XPS 15 (9570) and a feature I am very fond of under Power Options is not available on this machine.

On my older machine (Dell M3800) I set the Power Button to "Turn off the Display", which helps save power and improves privacy when I step away from the computer without putting it to sleep.

This machine on the other hand, does not list "Turn off the Display" as an option under the Power Button dropdown.

See screen-grab below.

Can't find "Turn off display" button at power plan options. 22770e66-78c4-470e-9368-7a6c39f16ce3?upload=true.png

I've checked if it is the Dell power plan that restricts this, but the "Balanced" one has the same list of options.

The machine is running Windows 10 Home 1803

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as Dell forums so far have been reluctant to accept that this is indeed a feature.

KastytisDonauskis, Apr 10, 2021
  4. John Fer Win User

Can't find "Turn off display" button at power plan options.

Power plan?

Upon checking, it seems that there's nothing wrong with your system. It is usual that you have to double-click your mouse before your monitor wakes up.

For the meantime, we suggest changing the power plan by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + S.
    • Type in Power Settings.
    • On the pop-up window, choose Additional power settings.
    • Select High performance.

After changing the power plan, we suggest that you monitor the changes made and check if that will work for you.

Get back to us if you need further help.

John Fer, Apr 10, 2021
Thema:

Can't find "Turn off display" button at power plan options.

1. Can't find "Turn off display" button at power plan options. - Similar Threads - Can't find Turn

2. Power button works to turn on but not turn off.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power button works to turn on but not turn off.: I own a Spectre x360 16 and the power button works normally when turning on but if I were to hold the power button to shut down, it acts like I haven’t done anything. There is no indication of error or any tabs open, acts like I haven’t touched the button at all. Went to...
  3. Power button works to turn on but not turn off.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power button works to turn on but not turn off.: I own a Spectre x360 16 and the power button works normally when turning on but if I were to hold the power button to shut down, it acts like I haven’t done anything. There is no indication of error or any tabs open, acts like I haven’t touched the button at all. Went to...
  4. no power button - "turn off display" option Windows 10 Home 20H2

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    no power button - "turn off display" option Windows 10 Home 20H2: Since the windows update, the option to use the power button to turn off the display has disappeared from my advanced power options. I have the shutdown, hibernate, sleep and do nothing options, but not the "turn off display" option. The PC is a Surface Pro 6 and the...
  5. No "Turn off display" option for what the power buttons and lid do.

No "Turn off display" option for what the power buttons and lid do.: I want to customise my power button of my laptop Dell XPS on Windows 10 Home to make the display turn off. No sleep or hibernate. Up until now the solution was given here by MariusTC:...
  6. Turn Off the Display Via the Power Button

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Turn Off the Display Via the Power Button: I would like to turn off the display on my tablet without putting it to sleep via pressing the power button. I read that the Power Options allow this. But, when I looked, I saw only Do nothing, Sleep, Hibernate, and Shut down. Turn off the display is not available. What...
  7. Can't find bluetooth option to turn it on or off.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't find bluetooth option to turn it on or off.: I cannot find it in device manager even under hidden tools. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-bluetooth-option-to-turn-it-on-or-off/630da92f-6f19-4770-b3ad-bae48901596e
  8. Windows 10 Home Power Options "Turn off the Display" Power Button Not Available / Not Listed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Home Power Options "Turn off the Display" Power Button Not Available / Not Listed: Hi guys, I've recently purchased a Dell XPS 15 (9570) and a feature I am very fond of under Power Options is not available on this machine. On my older machine (Dell M3800) I set the Power Button to "Turn off the Display", which helps save power and improves privacy when I...
  9. Power Options Plan

Power Options Plan: Hi Guys, usually we all have balanced power plan. But what if I choose high Performance and than go in advance setting then I set all values as balanced. What will happen and how will that power plan will effect? I am asking in balanced I feel my pc sluggish. but in high...
  10. Looking and not finding power button options

Looking and not finding power button options: I have some annoying shutdown problems, one of which is the occasional presence of 'GDI+ Window' that blocks shutdown. (another is the Chinese-like text that blocks as well but that is Rapport and in the hands of IBM, as I understand it). I found out about 'hybrid...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no turn off display option