Windows 10: can't find what is making my USB ports slow

Discus and support can't find what is making my USB ports slow in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'll just be using windows regularly and out of nowhere my audio gets super terrible and my mouse begins freezing up and then everything connected over... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/dinoman1122, Mar 31, 2021.

1. can't find what is making my USB ports slow

I'll just be using windows regularly and out of nowhere my audio gets super terrible and my mouse begins freezing up and then everything connected over USB is either slow or just doesn't work. I think it might be an application but I'm not 100% sure.

submitted by /u/dinoman1122
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/dinoman1122, Mar 31, 2021
  2. spapakons Win User

USB Port Oddities

Ok, let's see it with pictures step-by-step. First right-click on the USB device and select Update driver software:

can't find what is making my USB ports slow [​IMG]

Then select Browse my computer for driver software (LAST option) :

The select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer (LAST option) :

Then select the standard driver from the list and click next:

Click next/OK as required to complete installation. Repeat the steps for all Intel USB devices. Finally click on each USB root device and press DEL to delete it, reply YES when asked. After deleting all USB root devices restart the computer.

I hope this is detailed enough...

spapakons, Mar 31, 2021
  3. USB Ports not working

Hi Marvin,

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with accessing the USB ports on your device, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the make and model of the device?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted drivers on your device. Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if there are any drivers with exclamatory mark in Device Manager.

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
      Device Manager.
    • Check for the drivers with exclamatory mark in yellow triangle.
    • If so, right click on the driver, click on Properties
      and check the device status.
    • Also, try to update the drivers by click on Update driver software
      under Drivers tab in Properties window.

Step 2: I suggest you to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the
      Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of accessing the USB ports for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 31, 2021
  4. can't find what is making my USB ports slow

non working USB ports

Hi,

In order for us to better assist you, please provide the following information:

• What happens when you try to connect a device?
    • Are you receiving any error messages?
    • Did you make any changes to the computer prior to this issue?
    We suggest you to click this
    link
    , check the post of Azaruddin Syed and follow the steps provided to troubleshoot USB ports.

Let us know how it goes. Thank you.

Reymichael Ros, Mar 31, 2021
Thema:

can't find what is making my USB ports slow

1. can't find what is making my USB ports slow - Similar Threads - can't find making

2. my usb port not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my usb port not working: i have question, about my usb port not working all of a sudden and after i update windows it works normally within a week and 2 days i don't use the usb port i again have problems not being detected by devices such as mouse, keyboard, cellphone and camera...
  3. my usb port not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my usb port not working: i have question, about my usb port not working all of a sudden and after i update windows it works normally within a week and 2 days i don't use the usb port i again have problems not being detected by devices such as mouse, keyboard, cellphone and camera...
  4. What’s Up With My Usb-C Ports?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What’s Up With My Usb-C Ports?: So just recently with no cause my pc’s usb c ports aren’t accepting my mouse which is hooked up to a usb-c converter. Now my laptop will charge front those ports but for some reason neither of my devices are even recognized within my device manager. Does anyone have some...
  5. windows 10 can't detects usb ports. What should I do?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows 10 can't detects usb ports. What should I do?: submitted by /u/sohail_ansari [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jp2o2i/windows_10_cant_detects_usb_ports_what_should_i_do/
  6. Cant find my Gaming Mouses Wireless Receiver in the USB Port

Cant find my Gaming Mouses Wireless Receiver in the USB Port: Iv'e tried many times with my new Zerodate X70 to connect to the wireless receiver which is plugged in to my USB Port, but my computer connects it for like a second, then disconnects it almost instantly, giving my the repeated sounds of connecting a device and it...
  7. keeps memory of what is plugged on USB ports

keeps memory of what is plugged on USB ports: Hi, I have a laptop and I travel a lot. Hence, I unplug and I replug most of my peripherical: mouse, keyboard, printer, etc. I change the USB drives all the time. I have a bug from windows 10. When I change the place of the peripherical, it looks like Windows 10 has...
  8. USB ports are not recognizing what is attached

USB ports are not recognizing what is attached: Does anybody else have the issue where you attach a drive, phone etc to your PC and it does not get recognized? I have Windows 10 home on an ASUS laptop. Very frustrating!...
  9. making port 3.0 work for usb 2.0

making port 3.0 work for usb 2.0: I have got 3 usb ports in my laptop. 2 of which are specified 2.0 (let's call them Ports A and B) and remaining 1 runs usb 3.0 perfectly (Port C) I use USB mouse on Port A and USB keyboard on Port B. However, Port B is a bit loose, it's been used countless times, so a little...
  10. How to make a USB port/connection letter persistent?

How to make a USB port/connection letter persistent?: The USB port drive letter periodically switches between D and E messing up my scheduled Macrium Reflect daily backup. The free version will not send an error email so I frequently end up missing a number of days before I happen to check my wife's laptop. I'm not sure of...