Windows 10: Can't find where to click to view the next scan within Microsoft scan

Discus and support Can't find where to click to view the next scan within Microsoft scan in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Can't find where to click to view the next scan within Microsoft scan. Does anybody know where this is, or is there not a way to move to the next... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JDT3, Sep 24, 2018.

1. JDT3 Win User

Can't find where to click to view the next scan within Microsoft scan

Can't find where to click to view the next scan within Microsoft scan. Does anybody know where this is, or is there not a way to move to the next picture after scanning with the document feeder?

:)

2. scanned documents

Hello,

By default, scans are saved in a Scans folder inside the Pictures. Here are the steps on how to get there:

• Press Windows and type pictures
    • Click Pictures and double-click the Scans folder.

Furthermore, we suggest that you repair your Word application by following the steps on this

link

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Marilou Ser, Sep 24, 2018
  3. AArbuckle Win User
    Cannot open a scanned file for viewing in Windows Fax and Scan application

Windows build # is 15063.483

Yes, this has been an ongoing issue with Win10.

I'm not really interested in opening jpgs with MS Paint. I was citing it as an easy way to reproduce the issue with Fax and Scan.

To see it for yourself, follow these steps. Please, please, please, please try these simple steps on your system and let me know your experience.

• Set the default application for .jpg files to MS Paint
    • From a File Explorer window, double click on any jpg file. Paint opens properly.
    • Copy the .jpg file to your "%userprofile%\Documents\Scanned Documents" folder
    • Run the Windows Fax and Scan desktop app
    • Your jpg file should appear in the list of scanned documents, along with the preview at the bottom of the window
    • Double click on the jpg document to "view"

Do you get an message saying "Could not open document for viewing"?

If you get this error, why?

If Windows lets me choose a default app for a particular file type, why does a sanctioned Microsoft application not function correctly?

Why would Fax and Scan be the only desktop app in Windows that doesn't understand how to call ShellExecute()?

Again, I am NOT worried about MS Paint. I mentioned it because it is a simple way to reproduce the bug. I want to be able to open jpgs with Paint.Net (or another app) as the default application. This works fine in File Explorer. Heck, I can even type
    the name of a jpg file in a cmd window and Paint.Net opens.

But if I set the default app for jpgs to something other than Photos or Paint3D, Fax and Scan can't open it for viewing.

If your follow the steps I described above and are able to reproduce it on your system then please diagnose the problem there.

AArbuckle, Sep 24, 2018
  4. Can't find where to click to view the next scan within Microsoft scan

Windows Defender Scans

According to the Event Viewer, a Windows Defender Scan is listed it as "Scan Type: Antimalware." Does that include all threats?

When I do a manual scan, and then go to see the results, the results aren't there and the Scan history usually only lists an automatic scan done at a previous time, and I have to go tot he event viewer to see it. Is there a tool that will allow me to easily view only scans?

Also, is a quick scan sufficient? What does a scan of the OS drive do that is different that the quick scan?

kitpzyxmsir, Sep 24, 2018
Thema:

Can't find where to click to view the next scan within Microsoft scan

1. Can't find where to click to view the next scan within Microsoft scan - Similar Threads - Can't find where

2. I CAN'T VIEW THE CONTENTS OF THE FOLDER SCAN.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I CAN'T VIEW THE CONTENTS OF THE FOLDER SCAN.: I am in my PC, Trymeee_PC/cesmz which is supposed to have administrator rights. however, I can't view the "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans" folder because I am denied the permission to do so. I don't understand why cause it seems that I should have full...
  3. In Microsoft Scan I can't find + icon for scanning additional pages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In Microsoft Scan I can't find + icon for scanning additional pages: I can't find + icon in microsoft scan to scan multiple documents, so at the moment i'm limited to scanning single documents https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-microsoft-scan-i-cant-find-icon-for-scanning/7d915d5b-6ea1-4ec6-832f-012796aa8987
  4. In Microsoft Scan I can't find + icon for scanning additional pages

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In Microsoft Scan I can't find + icon for scanning additional pages: I can't find + icon in microsoft scan to scan multiple documents, so at the moment i'm limited to scanning single documents https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-microsoft-scan-i-cant-find-icon-for-scanning/7d915d5b-6ea1-4ec6-832f-012796aa8987
  5. Can't find Windows fax and scan.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't find Windows fax and scan.: I have windows 10. I upgraded over a year ago. No problems. I was in the hospital 5 months , hubby didn't run any updates, still getting things working. Can't find Windows fax and scan. Found it two days ago but ti wasn't easy. Now needing it again and it's not in settings...
  6. Where are scans?

Where are scans?: In windows 10, where are scans saved? I'm scanning, but can't find the pages. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-are-scans/f9460a98-7cc1-43ac-8334-46c94f5dec94
  7. find scan

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    find scan: want to do a new scan and can't find scan https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/find-scan/e9d88355-7ca5-4650-870e-f955e118a68e
  8. Can't find scanned documents in computer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't find scanned documents in computer?: Have Windows10..cannot find Scanned documents in file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-scanned-documents-in-computer/dd9d2d35-8feb-46e3-a855-c01a7d949e30"
  9. Can't Scan to Computer....where is the Scan Actios settings?

Can't Scan to Computer....where is the Scan Actios settings?: The model is: HP Office Jet 4650. I'm not sure if it had been working before. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/cant-scan-to-computerwhere-is-the-scan-actios/66a397f9-ffb6-43db-aca6-32b533908614
  10. view scan history

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    view scan history: Where is the Windows Defender scan history? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/view-scan-history/c6a07c60-51eb-4e3e-a74d-c2e7e3a8d94f"